• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Which is what I'm saying. You can't do the simple one introduction episode for the first time Ash is fighting ME. It needs to have an impact. It isn't a simple gym leader introduction. It's a ME introduction that has to show :-

• How Mega Evolution works.
  • How do people acces Mega Evolution
  • What are it's drawback.
  • That it isn't an insta win button.
Like I said, a single episode doesn't work.

That certain dragon can take a bullet to the face and still clean house. Don't know any of Ash's Pokemon who will win against him.

There was no need for Serena to get a mega evolution as her goal doesn't include battling. And the only time ME was useful for something similar to her goal was in ORAS contests. Anime Contests are very different and Serena does showcases, which are less well written version of those.

Clemont, I agree with. I wanted him to get Mega Manectric. Maybe they thought the species already had enough exposure with Jenny. I don't fully know.

Why would he go to his Zombie mode when he has it under control ? If he is under control,then of course it will look tame.

Lucario can fully well throw Pikachu through the ceiling. Only if Ash is a scrub who doesn't tell his little rat to do anything and just stand there.

I'm not brushing it off easily. It is what was shown in the show. Audino's are never shown to be bunker busting. Every Lucario we have had in the anime has been a fighter.

Also, IIRC Nurse Joy and Audino were actively looking for a stone. It's not like they can across it by chance. Sycamore just helped them.

Well, Korrina also technically did it it one the span of one gym. But I also have my problems with the pacing of Sawyer's growth so I can't say I disagree strongly with this take.

Even worse. Never worked for it and got it for free and only he has a freebie power up.

Ash was a goner if not for Gurkinn. How is it not violent and dangerous when he is going all apex predator that sees nothing aside from his prey ?

Again, he was looking weak because he was acting tame. He very well may have had the same strength, even more due to the succesful evolution, but it looks less scary because .. well no red eyes or murderous intentions.

As you say. Sorry to bore you with this. No need to stress it further.
Epic music, miss XY.. :(
I wonder if Korrina will appear again. I dont see any reason for her to appear besides Mega evo

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I wonder if Korrina will appear again. I dont see any reason for her to appear besides Mega evo
That’s like the only logical reason that she would ever comeback to add anything (prob why she was in the OP). Besides, I still need that redemption of Ash not getting ME that he got shafted of due to GF’s competence of having literally no Kalos mons being able to ME. Unless she returns for ME for Ash, she’s better off staying away.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

Well she's in the OP and since she's just a punching bag for everyone, the only reason I can think of her coming back is for Ash to mega evolve his Lucario, so that he can hack a mega evolution, gigantamax, z-move and battle bond into a battle, alongside Blazenape and an ultra beast. /sarcasm

But seriously though, it's probably for Ash to get his mega evolution on..

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well she's in the OP and since she's just a punching bag for everyone, the only reason I can think of her coming back is for Ash to mega evolve his Lucario, so that he can hack a mega evolution, gigantamax, z-move and battle bond into a battle, alongside Blazenape and an ultra beast. /sarcasm

That would be splendid

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Uh.. No. You can't show the strength of Mega Lucario and connect it to the gym battle without Pikachu being brutalized. It only gives Ash and Pikachu a better motivation to win. You can't remove Clemont and Korrina talking to each other.

Because it is the regional gimmick. Not explaining it is bad writing. And Ash had a substitute for mega evolution which was even better done than mega evolutions.

Lucario was becoming enraged because he had never experienced such power before. It's expected. It has been done many times in other pieces of media without any complain from the audience.

As for the italicised part, remember when Korrina said Lucario was waiting for her. She specifically wanted to help Lucario with his rage. Mega Evolution is possible successfully only when the Pokemon is bonded with the trainer. Korrina began to doubt herself and her experiences with Lucario. Then she worked to achieve ME and did it successfully with Lucario. You cannot ignore all that and say she didn't anything for Lucario's zombie mode.

As for the bolded part, I already said that it showcased how ME works for different Pokemon. Mega Audino is not the same as Mega Lucario. Lucario is shown to be a naturally aggressive species in the anime. While Audino was always shown with Nurse Joy and has never been shown to be rash. Also, nothing implied that Mega Audino had a powerful boost similar to Lucario.

I would very much prefer if Ash didn't won his limelight battle in Alola with a cheap DEM that he never worked for. So, anything would be better than that.

Look, this was the first time Ash was going to fight against ME. There needs to be a damn good motivation for Ash to win. Remove the arc and Korrina becomes the umpteenth hyperactive kid and the gym battle becomes another random battle that was just cool animations. They need to size up Lucario. They need to show how dangerous ME is in the wrong hands. They need to show how the bond between a trainer and Pokemon is of paramount importance when talking about ME. If mega lucario was a random mon with no feats, then the gym battle fails to deliver as the first Mega Evolution fight. Without getting thrashed, there is no narrative importance of the fight between Pikachu and Mega Lucario. I have been very disturbed with how gimmicks have been handled in the current series and previous series. All things considered, we were lucky to even get such an arc.

Welcome to the forums, @Aryash Bajaj! What an epic post!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jangobadass said:
Here, here! I see people hate on the Korrina arc, but for the life of can't understand their complaints. Heck, seeing Ash as someone else's tagalong is a rare treat for me :D

And the more episodes a non-companion Gym Leader gets, the better!

I didn't mind Corni herself too much, more so the emphasis on Lucario yet again. Frankly though, as important as Mega Evolution was in XY, I still don't think that Corni had to play such a large role at the time, especially since it would eventually lead to nothing involving the main character given that Satoshi never used Mega Evolution. So any hype from seeing Corni develop her Mega Evolution skills sort of went nowhere after the Shara Gym.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Because it is the regional gimmick. Not explaining it is bad writing. And Ash had a substitute for mega evolution which was even better done than mega evolutions.

bordeline fanfiction based and not something people could use in the gen 6 games? I disagree completely with this part everything else is fine.

That only gets a free pass because it literally exists because of Ash and Pikachu.

I still think part of it is also the Tapu's fault.

I mean let's think about this, they tampered with Ash's Z-ring "evolving" it into a Z-power ring so he could use Sogaleo's Z-crystal, I still personally believe that the main reason why the Electrium-Z transformed to begin with.

which i hope happens, he really deserves a proper one, not having someone else get highjacked into fanfiction territory just because no one else from the current gen could go, and I doubt all of his PWC matches are going to happen in Galar so why not use the other gimmicks in other regions.

I know most would just counter and say "bring back Ash-Greninja) well I hated it mostly because it undercut what should've been an epic thing (after 5 generations we were going to have Ash with a fully evolved water starter), but even then as soon as it got to go it beat down it's first opponent after evolving by triggering it's transformation out of no where taking away from that moment severely as it made it evolving at all an afterthought.

Just like Korrina, Ash couldn't control when it happened, and the one time he tried to force it, it backfired in his face and caused Greninja to lose, not to mention Mega Evolution felt like an extension of a pokemon's already established power, if you were strong in your base form then ME would amplify it, with AG I never saw that. It felt more like a crutch than an extension as most of it's battles involved that form to some capacity win or lose so we never got a clear indication of how strong Greninja was on it's own as it only had a couple of wins without transforming, and it's opponents on those occasions (sans one random trainer's scizor) were already weakened by others, that to me isn't a good sign of how "strong" it was naturally.

His Lucario has already proven it's a powerhouse, so it could benefit from Mega Evolution, but I do believe Ash will have to work to control it, and i also believe it could extend Lucario's power to greater heights.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
So Iris is coming back? Well, that's fine and all... but I hope they tone down her "you're such a kid" shtick. It was really annoying in BW and I don't want a repeat in PM2019.
Was it really that bad lol? Did Iris make that "You're such a kid" comment for a majority of the episodes of BW? I only saw bits and pieces of the BW series, and the ones I saw, I do remember her saying that. If she did say it for most of the episodes, I'd get how it would be obnoxious.

Anyways, I never really watched BW, so I'm pretty unfamiliar and neutral on Iris.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Just like Korrina, Ash couldn't control when it happened, and the one time he tried to force it, it backfired in his face and caused Greninja to lose, not to mention Mega Evolution felt like an extension of a pokemon's already established power, if you were strong in your base form then ME would amplify it, with AG I never saw that. It felt more like a crutch than an extension as most of it's battles involved that form to some capacity win or lose so we never got a clear indication of how strong Greninja was on it's own as it only had a couple of wins without transforming, and it's opponents on those occasions (sans one random trainer's scizor) were already weakened by others, that to me isn't a good sign of how "strong" it was naturally.

His Lucario has already proven it's a powerhouse, so it could benefit from Mega Evolution, but I do believe Ash will have to work to control it, and i also believe it could extend Lucario's power to greater heights.

Eh let’s be honest now, even if ash was given a normal ME he would also constantly use and rely on it. Probably even more because there’s less risk to him and other foibles.

It would be the same if lucario gets a ME sometime soon, since right now it’s only real fight is rose.

Leonhart

Imagineer
EmberFireTrainer said:
Was it really that bad lol? Did Iris make that "You're such a kid" comment for a majority of the episodes of BW? I only saw bits and pieces of the BW series, and the ones I saw, I do remember her saying that. If she did say it for most of the episodes, I'd get how it would be obnoxious.

Anyways, I never really watched BW, so I'm pretty unfamiliar and neutral on Iris.

She said it quite frequently, although I don't remember all the BW episodes, so I can't really give an exact count or percentage value for how often she uttered the phrase. I will say that I always found it amusing that some viewers had an issue with her calling Satoshi a child despite many of those same viewers also criticizing Satoshi's childish/rookie behavior in BW.

Morax

King of heroes
It felt more like a crutch than an extension as most of it's battles involved that form to some capacity win or lose so we never got a clear indication of how strong Greninja was on it's own
Mega evolution is just another word for super saiya-jin. If you have access to such power then why would you not use it all the time? Especially against opponents who weild a power equivalent to that. Do you also have a problem with the overuse of Z moves in alola?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Eh let’s be honest now, even if ash was given a normal ME he would also constantly use and rely on it. Probably even more because there’s less risk to him and other foibles.

It would be the same if lucario gets a ME sometime soon, since right now it’s only real fight is rose.

and this is a bad thing? I mean Greninja transformed quite often and no one seemed to care, not that this was a good thing since it never really got to prove how good it was without it, as a greninja.

Also, Lucario's had plenty of training even if it was off-screen, so I believe it could handle it, and has proven it can get an extension off of it.

Mega evolution is just another word for super saiya-jin. If you have access to such power then why would you not use it all the time? Especially against opponents who weild a power equivalent to that. Do you also have a problem with the overuse of Z moves in alola?

the problem is Greninja never even got to enjoy evolving into it's current form, and hardly ever proved itself without transforming, which is why unlike people who used mega's, it felt like a crutch.

Also, Z-moves while deadly are effectively one shot attacks that we have seen are capable of being dodged, countered or in a few cases pokemon took them and didn't go down, hardly comparable to something that lasts for a pokemon until it's knocked out.

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
and this is a bad thing? I mean Greninja transformed quite often and no one seemed to care, not that this was a good thing since it never really got to prove how good it was without it, as a greninja.

Also, Lucario's had plenty of training even if it was off-screen, so I believe it could handle it, and has proven it can get an extension off of it.

the problem is Greninja never even got to enjoy evolving into it's current form, and hardly ever proved itself without transforming, which is why unlike people who used mega's, it felt like a crutch.
You’re the one who seemed to imply relying on it was a bad thing.

Eh? Why does lucario gets a pass for off-screen training when greninja was made off as the same kind of battle and training junkie?

Lol no? How is ash any different than any of the other trainers that use ME? We don’t see much of alain’s charizard in base form, the same for korrina after she got it under control. Everyone who had access to it used it pretty liberally because they had advertise the gimmick of the generation.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
You’re the one who seemed to imply relying on it was a bad thing.

When things go into fanfiction territory, then it is a bad thing.

Eh? Why does lucario gets a pass for off-screen training when greninja was made off as the same kind of battle and training junkie?

Well considering all of Ash's pokemon this time seem to be training off-screen, something that has been frowned upon in the past, it's not an issue.

Lucario getting and using mega evolution is at more legit than AG will ever be.

Morax

King of heroes
the problem is Greninja never even got to enjoy evolving into it's current form, and hardly ever proved itself without transforming, which is why unlike people who used mega's, it felt like a crutch
i don't understand why relying on AG is a bad thing? It's just a transformation, not an unavoidable OHKO move that can decide the outcome of a battle

Z-moves while deadly are effectively one shot attacks that we have seen are capable of being dodged
Z-moves are basically kamehameha. Even if you dodge it you don't escape unscathed especially with 10,000,000 volts.

When things go into fanfiction territory, then it is a bad thing
>a one-of-a-kind Z crystal only accessible to ash and his pikachu isn't fanfiction
double standards much?

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
She said it quite frequently, although I don't remember all the BW episodes, so I can't really give an exact count or percentage value for how often she uttered the phrase. I will say that I always found it amusing that some viewers had an issue with her calling Satoshi a child despite many of those same viewers also criticizing Satoshi's childish/rookie behavior in BW.
Ah okay. I know I didn't find Iris annoying but that's probably because I haven't actually watched enough of the series.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i don't understand why relying on AG is a bad thing? It's just a transformation, not an unavoidable OHKO move that can decide the outcome of a battle

one because it never got to prove how strong it was without it, and two it wasn't supposed to exist to begin with, especially since it couldn't be replicated in the gen 6 games.

Z-moves are basically kamehameha. Even if you dodge it you don't escape unscathed especially with 10,000,000 volts.

So because one Z-move is deadly all the others by extension are the same?

a one-of-a-kind Z crystal only accessible to ash and his pikachu isn't fanfiction
double standards much?

unlike Ash-Greninja, the Z-crystal was made available during the generation it was introduced in, and secondly it was likely the Tapu's evolving Ash's Z-ring into a powered version that caused the change to begin with.

So that's not a double standard.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
bordeline fanfiction based and not something people could use in the gen 6 games? I disagree completely with this part everything else is fine.

I meant the path to the transformation. Not the backstory and explaination. I should have been more clear.

I heavily prefer it when the protagonist has to work hard to get something. Which I saw in AG. That's part of the reason why I like the transformation. But I'm not saying the backstory and Sycamore's explanation was better than ME.

Again, apologies for being unclear.

Morax

King of heroes
one because it never got to prove how strong it was without it, and two it wasn't supposed to exist to begin with, especially since it couldn't be replicated in the gen 6 games
If you argued that AG never proved himself then i would have agreed whole-heartedly but THIS is such a weird argument. Just because something is anime-exclusive doesn't make it bad per se. AG is a DEM, that much is obvious, but the way it was narratively developed and integrated into the plot is what makes the difference here. Pikashunium Z is AG without that much needed build-up.

the Z-crystal was made available during the generation it was introduced in
So? Just the fact that Ash can push a button that nobody in the (anime) universe can is what makes it an asspull.

Status
Not open for further replies.