• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I hope they give her entire team some love. We barely seen Dawn’s Pokémon barring Quliava, Mamoswine and Piplup and Misty basically spammed Gyarados
In Misty defense does she really have anyone else she could really use to go toe-to-toe with Ash and Pikachu?

Togetic is gone forever
Psyduck doesn't do much in battles unless it a headache
Azurill is a baby
Starmie? Who?

Staryu and Politoed maybe?

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
In Misty defense does she really have anyone else she could really use to go toe-to-toe with Ash and Pikachu?

Togetic is gone forever
Azurill is a baby
Starmie? Who?

She could’ve also just brought them along to alola to play around, in a region filled with water, as a water type trainer.

Kinda of a dick move now that i think about it.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth

Togetic is gone forever
Azurill is a baby
Starmie? Who?

Wasn’t Politoed and Corsola her main battlers in Johto? I didn’t really watch the Johto portion of OS but I could of sworn she used them quite frequently.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer

Togetic is gone forever
Azurill is a baby
Starmie? Who?

Other than Gyarados, Sunnygo and maybe Starmie if the writers remember that she owns it, probably not. I'd love for her to use Tattu and Tosakinto in battles again, even if they weren't exactly strong the last time we saw them fight.

Sham

Other than Gyarados, Sunnygo and maybe Starmie if the writers remember that she owns it, probably not. I'd love for her to use Tattu and Tosakinto in battles again, even if they weren't exactly strong the last time we saw them fight.
Wasn't Goldeen pretty much useless? I agree though she should of used Starmie but sadly it was always overshadowed by Staryu most of the time weirdly enough.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Togetic is gone forever
Azurill is a baby
Starmie? Who?

No but they easily could have given her a new Pokemon like Quagsire or even Araquanid to play with.
Psyduck and Gyarados are the only memorable Pokemon she has.

Same with Brock and Croagunk/Steelix.... but gotta bring back a personality-less rock and bat instead of the loveable poison frog for some reason!
I swear he better have Croagunk this time, especially after that clickbait crap early on with Croagunk/Piplup....

Master Pikachu 11

Wasn’t Politoed and Corsola her main battlers in Johto? I didn’t really watch the Johto portion of OS but I could of sworn she used them quite frequently.
She has a Horsea as well
No but they easily could have given her a new Pokemon like Quagsire or even Araquanid to play with.
Psyduck and Gyarados are the only memorable Pokemon she has.

Same with Brock and Croagunk/Steelix.... but gotta bring back a personality-less rock and bat instead of the loveable poison frog for some reason!
I swear he better have Croagunk this time, especially after that clickbait crap early on with Croagunk/Piplup....
She is afraid of bugs so Araquanid would never work

ShadowForce720

She has a Horsea as well

She is afraid of bugs so Araquanid would never work
She also likes Water type Pokémon, so it wouldn’t be that Farfetch’d of an idea if she was able to catch and get along with a Water/Bug dual type Pokémon considering she has been able to warm up to specific bug type Pokémon before.

Plus let’s not forget that she was originally scared of Gyarados and even hated to be compared to it and yet that didn’t stop her from owning one and warming up to it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Misty's whole comedic shtick is being eternally afraid of scary-looking bugs.

In the same vein game!Gardenia abhors the idea of trying to get herself to like Pumpkaboo and Phantump (though she is trying to beat her phobia).

ShadowForce720

Misty's whole comedic shtick is being eternally afraid of scary-looking bugs.

In the same vein game!Gardenia abhors the idea of trying to get herself to like Pumpkaboo and Phantump (though she is trying to beat her phobia).
Except that doesn’t mean she has to be scared of all bug type Pokémon. However we have seen her warm up to specific bug type Pokémon to some degree.

They could easily have her own a dual type Water/Bug Pokémon and get along with it while still being scared of other bug type Pokémon.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Even though I don't like BW anime but I'm so happy to know that there'll be flashback.

Yeah at this point i am even fine with the flashbacks if it shows ash losing in the leagues to cameron, tobias or alain. Continuity is always a welcome sign, now i want cilan to come back.

I hope Iris gets more than 1 episode, which is one of the many problems with this series. I also hope that they don't rush through the episode. It seems like episodes have been in fast forward since like BW for non filler episodes for some reason (while the fillers seem to drag on and on).

And i hope atleast she is given a proper sendoff and not just shoved in the train and that's it.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If Dawn returns, will she have a team update? I can't see them showing off Typhlosion as it was a walking HGSS-promotion and wouldn't promote BDSP.

So:
- Piplup: Won't evolve.
- Pachirisu: Stuck as is.
- Mamoswine: Stuck as is.
- Togekiss: Stuck as is.
- Quilava: Could evolve, but promotes the wrong games. Edit: Forgot about Legends. Okay, it could happen.
- Buneary: It really depends, but this could be the only one I can legitimately see them doing something with IF they want to give her a team-update.

I'd laugh my butt off if Dawn whipped out a Mega Lopunny vs. Lucario or Gengar.

Paul?? What do u mean

It means you're about a day late into getting the joke.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really thought that Mimirol would evolve at some point in DP, and I was disappointed that it was kept unevolved. I personally don't care for Mimilop that much [nor do I agree with the excuse that it's too risque], so I hope that if Hikari returns her Mimirol will've evolved off-screen.

Mythical-Moonlight

If there was anything that was preventing Buneary from Evolving it was her crush on Pikachu.

As long as that stuck, they wouldn't let her evolve.

Having a Lopunny crushing on Pikachu would've looked incredibly akward.

So it was either have Buneary move on from Pikachu or keep her remaining as a Buneary.

They went with the latter, for reasons I can only guess were because Buneary's crush on Pikachu made her more cutesy and marketable to shipping audiences in a similar vein as Serena's crush on Ash?

(Yes people actually do ship the Pokémon believe it or not)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If there was anything that was preventing Buneary from Evolving it was her crush on Pikachu.

As long as that stuck, they wouldn't let her evolve.

Having a Lopunny crushing on Pikachu would've looked incredibly akward.
Really, that's more awkward than a literal Bayleef having a literal crush on a 10-year old human boy...her own trainer, to boot.

Mythical-Moonlight

Really, that's more awkward than a literal Bayleef having a literal crush on a 10-year old human boy...her own trainer, to boot.
A Dinosaur having an unrequited crush on a Human is slightly less akward than a Humanoid Rabbit having crush a Rodent (which may or may not have been requited depending on how you viewed their interactions when Dawn returned in BW)

Just try to imagine a Cinderace crushing on a Togemaru.
If that makes you feel uncomfortable then you'll know where I'm coming from

Last edited:

Sham

To this day Buneary’s gender is unconfirmed and I don’t why I was under the assumption they confirmed in Dawn’s BW return

Status
Not open for further replies.