• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I guess so. It was lazier with Steven.
I just don't think they care about explaining stuff like that. Honestly barring the Iris fan thing idrc if Alder was mentioned since he arguably did the least as a Champion and was really just there most of the time. Even Cynthia outshined him in his own series.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I just don't think they care about explaining stuff like that. Honestly barring the Iris fan thing idrc if Alder was mentioned since he arguably did the least as a Champion and was really just there most of the time. Even Cynthia outshined him in his own series.

Irony is out of all the champions alder was the only to show his personality which atleast proves he is human as well, all other champions had robotic personality and acted like they are a robot.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Irony is out of all the champions alder was the only to show his personality which atleast proves he is human as well, all other champions had robotic personality and acted like they are a robot.
Assuming you mean the games, every other champion except maybe Diantha had enough stuff going for them.

Lance was the former/reinstated Champion with a whole Dragon-type lineage with a cousin who totally fails to see why Lance is seen as the strongest trainer. By the way, the man thinks it's okay to Hyper Beam TRAINERS which only points out that he's harsh despite being nice.

Steven is an avid rare rock fanatic whose good looks charm a lot of women of all ages, and his fascination for stones turns out to be a very quirky side of him (that people can see in Masters).

Cynthia is pretty much seen as a top Champion who involves herself with old historic findings, is pretty much a sage, and her passion for research has led to many messy rooms with scrambled documents she can't bother to clean.

Alder wanders around Unova while gripping for losing his first Larvesta. He perhaps is the smartest Champion because only certain people become one through their convictions, which is something Cheren learns from.

Diantha is an actress and surprise she is the Champion. Unfortunately, she barely exists in the games. However, the closest we get from her in terms of development is that she doesn't care about passing out on eternal life because she sees getting older as an opportunity to do other movie roles she can't do while young (then again, she isn't seen much).

Alola lacks a Champion (though, unless we take Elio's and Selene's representations in Masters, they both are very fun-loving trainers who are very slow in understanding puns (game literally had those perpetual smiles of theirs as THIS) and wish to expand on learning regional greetings).

Leon is actually meant to represent older players who have grown with the games (they're crazy if they think he's like me, though), which is why he is seen doing a lot of heroics to keep the younger generation in their tracks. But besides this, we all know he royally sucks at directions and is always going out of his way to make Galarian trainers the strongest trainers in the world (none of these two traits show up in the anime, other than the second opening making his bad sense of direction an informed attribute).

Last edited:

Lionel_B

Honestly in the games Alder is without a doubt the best written champion
THANK !

And I would like so much to see Alder, to better develop the Iris new situation as a champion. I hope we'll see him at the tournament because if the series was written by me, it would not be below the top 5 xD.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
THANK !

And I would like so much to see Alder, to better develop the Iris new situation as a champion. I hope we'll see him at the tournament because if the series was written by me, it would not be below the top 5 xD.
I'd very much like to see Alder again as well even though the anime handled him horribly. I think the best way to show him again would be with an episode revolving around him being proud of and presenting his young protege, his grandson Benga

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly in the games Alder is without a doubt the best written champion, Cynthia the best to battle and Leon the most entertaining
Exactly. In all honestly he was the most involved in the plot next to Cynthia and Lance. Steven did nothing but that one introduction in a cave, Wallace again barely any interaction, Iris had about two lines prior to her battle (which is why I get confused when people say they prefer her over the anime incarnation because… she was barely there) and Diantha… is an actress?

I will say that in terms of the anime incarnation he wasn’t portrayed the best. They focused more on him being a womanizer and somewhat lazy (traits that weren’t present in the game) more than his strength. He one shotted Trip but who wasn’t beating Trip besides Ash in BW? We have nothing to go by that he was a very strong champion. Compared to let’s say like Leon and Cynthia who we are told are strong and it’s also displayed during their respective series.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
We're going back to Alola in PM76.

HOWEVER, it's on a deserted island. <_<

Though SOME Alola characters better show up, otherwise it feels like a wasted trip (like half the Johto episode and all the Hoenn ones). I'd even take that Horatio guy, trading his rivalry Sophocles for one with Goh (even is that IS lazy as hell)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Though SOME Alola characters better show up, otherwise it feels like a wasted trip (like half the Johto episode and all the Hoenn ones). I'd even take that Horatio guy, trading his rivalry Sophocles for one with Goh (even is that IS lazy as hell)
In a nutshell, that's likely a typical filler as after something major happens, filler comes right after. So no, no one is showing up.

Red and Blue

I feel pretty confident we could get at least one or two SM characters showing up. Who knows maybe Kukui invited the boys

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
In a nutshell, that's likely a typical filler as after something major happens, filler comes right after. So no, no one is showing up.
I don't know...some of the Alola kids showing up in a pointless filler is par for the course for them :p

Best girl is also coming to save this series. Imagine if Mohn is on the private island.
I think the title would imply if something like that was going to happen instead of a filler episode about a race...

Sham

The Guardian of War
I don't know...some of the Alola kids showing up in a pointless filler is par for the course for them :p

I think the title would imply if something like that was going to happen instead of a filler episode about a race...
Did you post a synopsis? You just said it’s about Alola and a private island.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
It would be hilarious if it took so long for another Alola episode only for old characters to not appear at all. But I see it as something they'd do, go all out in the first one to not disappoint the fans and then just ignore them because we have to save money.

But idk, I don't think they all would be ignored. I know the writing in this series has been bad but they can't be that bad.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It would be hilarious if it took so long for another Alola episode only for old characters to not appear at all. But I see it as something they'd do, go all out in the first one to not disappoint the fans and then just ignore them because we have to save money.

But idk, I don't think they all would be ignored. I know the writing in this series has been bad but they can't be that bad.
I mean Alola was the previous series so them having less episodes make sense. They gave proper continuity and all characters in JN 37 well enough, I don't mind if they don't bring them back for all episodes in Alola, esp coz we will be seeing Lillie at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.