• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Jers745

I dont know :p
Oh what a shame Ash didn't jump from a plane he was in midway to land in Lumiose Tower and meet Clemont. What a bad friend he is
A shame he doesnt have a kyruu that he even uses in a battle in that same episode because ash only has pikachu in JN no other pokemon whats more i think even he doesnt exist so i dont know who should even be jumping from that airplane

D

Deleted member 384931

Well, May's return is in extreme limbo, so Serena is ironically the other character left to return.
And that is why. And as long as we dont know how or when it will be chaos. If others return before her (which is likely) it will get worse and worse

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Or hate her
Btw I HATE channels who post fake Serena returns videos for clickbait. It’s disgusting
When you hate someone, you pretend he or she never existed.

Now, so much talk can only mean a strong love they are just being tsundere about it

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Yeah, believing characters like Brock, Tracey or Cilan "returned" is dumb and just shows how terrible continuity's been in the past decade if we're happy just with that. Mentioning old characters should never be something strange in any series (in fact, it should be the norm, ignoring the past just makes things frustrating) but this show's record is so sad we're hyped with so little.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Or hate her
Btw I HATE channels who post fake Serena returns videos for clickbait. It’s disgusting
Well, there's alot of clickbait videos from other media franchises as well on YouTube and if you can get revenue on that platform I'm pretty sure that it would give them motivations to do more.

Anyways, I like Serena but I have zero expectations for her return in the anime as I already got what I wanted from her, in a form of fanfics of course.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash previously jumped from Lumiose Tower and from a freaking Volcano.
To save his mons lol, not to meet his friends when he's going to another city for a battle tournament
A shame he doesnt have a kyruu that he even uses in a battle in that same episode because ash only has pikachu in JN no other pokemon whats more i think even he doesnt exist so i dont know who should even be jumping from that airplane
What would be the purpose of him getting out of an airplane to meet friends when he's going to battle in a tournament? I don't get how a random Lumiose tower Easter egg as Ash and co went to shalour city as a nod to XY fans becomes a "Ash doesn't care about his friends" circlejerk
Yeah, believing characters like Brock, Tracey or Cilan "returned" is dumb and just shows how terrible continuity's been in the past decade if we're happy just with that. Mentioning old characters should never be something strange in any series (in fact, it should be the norm, ignoring the past just makes things frustrating) but this show's record is so sad we're hyped with so little.
Ngl, while I don't consider Brock and Cilan as returned, I'm happy with Tracey lmao. Him appearing like that was surprising enough :p
Plus honestly, not hyped to see him again, he's completed his dream and was frankly a boring character. Nothing they could do with him

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I don't think that Brock or Cilan have officially "returned" yet. I suspect that we will see both again at some point. Especially Cilan since his monkey is the only one of the three that Goh hasn't caught.

I agree that there should be more mentions of past companions and rivals in the main series. They don't need to appear - just hearing Ash talking about them once in a while and giving a quick update on what they are up to. Doesn't have to be much - just a throw-away line here and there about a former companion.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly I've never understood the big deal about character references or flashbacks if they're so short that they could almost be blink-and-you'll-miss-it moments. Admittedly I'm not eager for Dent or Kenji to return if they ever do, but I don't count cameos as genuine comebacks.

SatoSereFan224888

i'm not sure i would trust that.
Well apparently it came from a writer in Japan. However there could have been mistranslations.

Honestly this proves Serena ain’t coming back anytime soon. Lillie is overrated. Honestly she should have only appeared in the Aether arc. The school thing was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.