• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters in PM2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Jeez Korrina, does Gurkkin have have to appear (almost) EVERY time you do?

"I don't have a license to drive a boat, okay?"
Korrina picked the mystery box instead of the boat, didn't she?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If/When Serena and May returns, Id like Serena to have her OG game outfit back (Evolutions reminded me how good the design is and tbh I like Serena better in long hair) and id love for May to have her ORAS outfit (We already got RS and E outfits) and I hope we see the ORAS contest outfit as well coz I LOVED that design

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Miss u Serena

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
@Dephender is there really no possibility for Mays original VA returning for an episode, knowing her condition?

We don't know. She did a narration gig around during mid XY that led to people speculating she might have recovered enough to do the voice, but it never happened and we haven't heard anything from her since.

It WOULD BE STUPID to NOT return May or Serena from marketing view.

From a marketing point of view there would be literally zero point in bringing Haruka back. Notice how Shijima's return was given literally zero marketing? There's a reason for that. From a marketing point of view it would be stupid to return characters whose return can't be marketed.

D

Deleted member 384931

We don't know. She did a narration gig around during mid XY that led to people speculating she might have recovered enough to do the voice, but it never happened and we haven't heard anything from her since.

From a marketing point of view there would be literally zero point in bringing Haruka back. Notice how Shijima's return was given literally zero marketing? There's a reason for that. From a marketing point of view it would be stupid to return characters whose return can't be marketed.
Kinda sad right? I always thought she was very popular

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Kinda sad right? I always thought she was very popular

She is popular, that's the entire point.

tbh chances are they WERE hoping to bring Kakuda back to voice Shijima, but plans fell through and they went from having an episode they could make a big deal out of and market heavily to them being forced to recast the character and make absolutely no spectacle about the return in any way to the point it felt outright bizarre to even have the character in the episode.

Morax

King of heroes
What makes serena’s return so difficult (and unique) is the fact that her goal requires Ash to grow up. Something like a pokemon master, dragon master or top co-ordinator can be achieved at the age of 10 and that makes these characters quite flexible. You can put iris in any random episode and she can make it work but serena can’t. Certain conditions need to be met to bring her back.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
If/When Serena and May returns, Id like Serena to have her OG game outfit back (Evolutions reminded me how good the design is and tbh I like Serena better in long hair) and id love for May to have her ORAS outfit (We already got RS and E outfits) and I hope we see the ORAS contest outfit as well coz I LOVED that design
Honestly. Considering Brock and Misty were stuffed back into their old outfits Serena should really get the same treatment since she by far has one of the best designs of any Pokegirl. Honestly I’m okay with May keeping her Emerald outfit but ORAS works as well. Although it seems Journeys/SM is cautious on keeping characters as close to their original anime appearances. Even Iris is implied to still keep her original outfit from BW and instead just casually change back and forth from her Champion dress.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

What makes serena’s return so difficult (and unique) is the fact that her goal requires Ash to grow up. Something like a pokemon master, dragon master or top co-ordinator can be achieved at the age of 10 and that makes these characters quite flexible. You can put iris in any random episode and she can make it work but serena can’t. Certain conditions need to be met to bring her back.
I get that. But If they want it, they will lol.

Btw Satoshi and Gou only need to meet Champion Steven, Lance and Diantha and they will have met all Champs irl.

D

Deleted member 384931

Another reason why this anime is absolute garbage. :)
Marketing takes precedence over coherence and constistency.
I mean like for example Iris Dragonite tanked Ice beams and Ice shards like it was nothing in BW, but loses to a powered-up Ice Fang from Dracovish, just to make Satoshi look good. What is next? Cynthias Garchomp loses to Dracovish with one attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.