• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Characters with Mega-Evolutions?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
May​

May-Most likely re-appearing companion
Mega Blaziken-It's her starter
Mega Blastoise-It evolved once offscreen
Mega Altaria-She could end up getting one, like she should've

Max​

Max-Have him older. Yeah, Ash never ages...but nobody said anything about the other characters. It will be amusing
Mega Banette-Because Shuppet

Iris/Cynthia​

Iris and Cynthia-Each season has the previous companion revisit. Cynthia is here because she is awesome
Mega Garchomp-Maybe Iris' Gible evolved

Brock​

Brock-He's one of the original members
Mega Swampert-Evolved Marshtomp

Dawn​

Dawn-I want to see the old friends of Ash back. So I'm repeating myself. Never mind
Mega Lopunny-It evolves with friendship. So why didn't it evolve in the first place? Eh, because they needed to ship it with Pikachu. No need for that anymore

I think Misty: mega Gyarados and maybe now have mega slowbrow
May too (venosaur or blastois) not Blaziken becasue, we seen Blaziken in 1 epsiosd XY so any charakters have him xd
sory for my english

fitzy909

Just another guy
The only character I see returning to promote a mega evolution is May due to ORAS

Other than that, I expect new characters to promote the mega evolutions.

That would make sense, but we have already seen mega Blazkien, so what's left? Mega Venasaur I think is the only other one.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Iris and Ursula : Mega Garchomp
Cilan : Mega Audino
Trip : Mega Metagross/Loppuny
Bianca : Mega Altaria
Paul : Mega Aggron
Burgundy : Mega Gardevoir
Stephan :Mega Swampert
Georgia :Mega Blaziken
Virgil : Mega Sceptile
Cameron : Mega Lucario
Nando : Mega Loppuny
Montgomery : Mega Gengar
Luke : Mega Tyranitar
Barry : Mega Heracross

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

Misty and May seem like obvious choices, but maybe Iris gets a mega released in ORAS?

Weird have most of Ash's rival's seem to have more mega choices than Him.

Actually its not so weird as Ash evolves so few of his pokemon - if Ash stopped being an idiot and evolved his Pokémon, he'd have quite a few potential megas to choose from - Venusaur, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Blastoise, Heracross, Sceptile and Garchomp are all options for him now. Also, if he'd just kept Haunter and Larvitar then he could also potentially have had MegaGengar and Mega Tyranitar.

Also I suspect that before too long Infernape and Torterra (and hopefully Gliscor) will be able to mega evolve as well, along with all the other starters, opening up plenty of potential for the writers to completely and utterly fail to take advantage of!!!

phanpycross

God-king
Actually its not so weird as Ash evolves so few of his pokemon - if Ash stopped being an idiot and evolved his Pokémon, he'd have quite a few potential megas to choose from - Venusaur, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Blastoise, Heracross, Sceptile and Garchomp are all options for him now. Also, if he'd just kept Haunter and Larvitar then he could also potentially have had MegaGengar and Mega Tyranitar.

Also I suspect that before too long Infernape and Torterra (and hopefully Gliscor) will be able to mega evolve as well, along with all the other starters, opening up plenty of potential for the writers to completely and utterly fail to take advantage of!!!

During the lead-up to XY's release I expected at least like, 8 of Ash's pokes to be able to mega-evolve, since I was naive enough to believe the anime still held a lot of relavance.

that last part is sad as ****.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Gallade: Zoey
Camerupt: o_O
Sharpedo: o_O

The only character I see returning to promote a mega evolution is May due to ORAS

What, other Generation 3/Advanced Generation characters can't come with her for good measure ?o_O

Though I certainly wouldn't mind is Gen 3 character who weren't animated or were underused got to show up with a Mega...

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Gallade: Zoey
Camerupt: up for grabs
Sharpedo: up for grabs

What, other Generation 3/Advanced Generation characters can't come with her for good measure :confused:

Though I certainly wouldn't mind is Gen 3 character who weren't animated or were underused got to show up with a Mega...

Mega Gallade vs Mega Lopunny at the next GF finals. I'm calling it :)

Red and Blue

What, other Generation 3/Advanced Generation characters can't come with her for good measure :confused:

I`m not expecting it. Nor would I really want them to return either. May is enough.

I`m sure all the other mega stones will go to new characters rather than old ones.

Last edited:

fitzy909

Just another guy
Maybe Max could show up with the Ralts he promised to catch, but as a Mega Gallade instead. That would be amazing.

I think that one of Ash's starters is going to make a comeback and mega-evolve, probably Charizard because it turned up so many other times, such as to battle Articuno in the Battle Frontier or when he joins Ash's team in Adventures in Unova). Also, I am expecting some of his old travelling companions to turn up as well, with some mega-evolved pokemon.

I think that one of Ash's starters is going to make a comeback and mega-evolve, probably Charizard because it turned up so many other times, such as to battle Articuno in the Battle Frontier or when he joins Ash's team in Adventures in Unova). Also, I am expecting some of his old travelling companions to turn up as well, with some mega-evolved pokemon.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I have to agree with those who are suggesting May or Max. It would be a great tie-in for ORAS, and despite the one poster's comments about them never caring anime vs. games, it would still be cool and they have done similar things in the past.

May coming back would be the most obvious choice, because they are also bringing back contests and making mega evolution a part of them (when you have high appeal, you might mega evolve, I believe is what they said). Through that, she would have a reason to be able to mega evolve her Venusaur or her Blaziken (though we have seen that already).

I would personally be quite happy to see Brock back in action (especially because Swampert is one of my favorite starters).

nickdt

I don't get it why everybody is saying, Ash has a Potential Venusaur. Bulbasaur refused to evolve, so that Mega Evolution is out of the question, same as Mega Blastoise (Squirtle is still his).

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I don't get it why everybody is saying, Ash has a Potential Venusaur. Bulbasaur refused to evolve, so that Mega Evolution is out of the question, same as Mega Blastoise (Squirtle is still his).

Bulbasaur simply didn't want to evolve at that time, the episode even ended by saying that no-one knows "when" it will choose to evolve, leaving it open to evolve any time.. and Squirtle has never even once shown signs of being anti-evolution.

They're both still possible, just highly unlikely..

phanpycross

God-king
Honestly, Squirtle has been working hard as a fire-fighter for 4 regions now, if an officer jenny randomly told Ash it had pulled a double evolution, I wouldnt be that surprised.

Too bad squirtle as a species seems to have been given the "rival" stigma.