• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

old chateau

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
ok basically dicuss the old chateau here. i like the music it realy fits! what do you think of the music? you can also disscuss turnback cave here.

Alloute

Not Banned
The music is creepy. Yes and the Chateau itself makes me feel like I'm being watched...

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
Don't forget about the ghosts too. they freaked me out the first time i saw them because i wasn't expecting them to show up.

Jolley

I wish the ghosts in there actually did something, although they are a nice touch none the less.

Jolley

Yeah, the music plus the ghost does add a nice touch, especially when you are playing late at night with the lights out :D

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
i always go there at night and find both ghosts. scary esciaply when i go with volume on. i just cant help myself going in it

IDK why but Yellow lavender town music was creepier
and first time i went there I was like, there has to be an event due to the random ghost that appear(people)
Now i just use it to ev train...w/o volume

Alloute

Not Banned
Yes, the ghosts are a nice touch, but they make me want to shut off the game.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
yeah they make me look over my shoulder and the music makes me swear i am being wathced! what is freakier old chateau or turback cave? i reckon old chateau

The only good things about the Old Chateau are: You can catch Rotom and its great for EV training in SpA.

empoleon49 said:
you can also disscuss turnback cave here.

Apart from the dominance of Ghost-type Pokemon, and 'creepy' factor, Turnback Cave has relativly little in common with the Old Chateau :/

Last edited:

Alloute

Not Banned
The only good things about the Old Chateau are: You can catch Rotom and its great for EV training in SpA.

Apart from the dominance of Ghost-type Pokemon, and 'creepy' factor, Turnback Cave has relativly little in common with the Old Chateau :/

I EV train in le petit chateau, c'est bon!

The Gastly make the whole place worth it.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
yeah but the music you catch a legedary at both and so on..

empoleon49 said:
yeah but the music you catch a legedary at both and so on..

Man, that's one big list.

- One is a massive puzzle of random, the other is a house.
- One leads to the Distortion World, you watch a TV with static in the other.
- One has ghost people, the other has rocks.
- Wild Pokemon level difference anyone?
- One is post-E4, the other can be access pre-E4

While there is 'legendary' Pokemon and general ghosty stuff in both of them, I just can't really say that they're alike.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
Gengar catching is always fun but it was harder than steelix since it is so rare..I like the old Chateau and purposely try to see the ghosts by re-entering those rooms...
As for the turnback Cave..Is it really true that you find the real way to Giratina by counting rocks or tiles? That reminds me somehow on that cave on Sevii island..

Wastum

Gengar catching is always fun but it was harder than steelix since it is so rare..I like the old Chateau and purposely try to see the ghosts by re-entering those rooms...
As for the turnback Cave..Is it really true that you find the real way to Giratina by counting rocks or tiles? That reminds me somehow on that cave on Sevii island..

Well, my way to find Giratana was just heading North on and on till I got to him.

TrainerCasey

~Johto Fanatic~
The Old Chateau creeped me out whenever I saw a ghost person... @.@ I always thought it was a trainer running and then when I went to walk the way they went, They wernt there and I kept getting creeped out. But its all fun. =)