• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old dog new tricks

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
Ahh the newbie lounge! Time to do this right..

Well hello SPPf I'm ScytheSwipe. I've been a member for awhile now but I've grown considerably.

For most of you who have never seen or heard of me, here I am in a nutshell: I started playing Pokemon around 8 years of age after a friend sparked my interest. Soon I had the limited edition GBC and Pkmn Ylw as well as the TCG cards.

Though, I'm not quite as into the TCG scene now, my love of Pokemon has recently been rekindled with the remakes FR/LG and HG/SS. I am happy to see the series evolving from the original with additional aspects that do not diminish from the gameplay. As such, I feel I have slowly become a more multi-dimensional player.

If there are any players out there that casually trade and compete as well as discuss, hit me up.

You know where I am ;123; ~ScytheSwipe

Im shocked to see no response to this! A year ago the newcomer site was bustling and ppl wanted to share and make friends :(

Last edited:

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
Why thank you! Yep I think (or hope at least) that the forums are slow. So what do you do with the AA's and what is it exactly?

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
ScytheSwipe, did you randomly friend me recently? Your username sounds familiar, but I don't remember talking to you. XD

Well, it's nice to meet you, then. =)

I'm like you in that I started playing pokemon a long time ago, back in the R/B days (I think I was probably around 7 or 8, too. XD). I daresay I'm even more addicted to pokemon now than I was when I was a kid... I was always mainly just into the games, although I used to trade cards when I was a kid.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
Yes that is a very similiar story to mine. In fact, my first encounter with Pokemon was looking at the TCG cards even though I had no idea how to play them. I never collected them but loved the artwork and my first hands on experience was with the games. I loved the show back then too!

oh and yes I randomly befriended you. See I'm tired of the people that are only on the forums for a year and then never get on again even once a year to tell people they are still alive. It is for that reason that I've decided to find new friends with similiar interests that are willing to interact more ex) wifi battle and such. I have removed some of my old contacts because they simply wanted me on their big long list of friends.

Last edited:

thunder_dragon2

~VirtualSpiritz
Why thank you! Yep I think (or hope at least) that the forums are slow. So what do you do with the AA's and what is it exactly?

The AA's you ask?

Well it stands for Airborne Aces (wait, I think you knew that), and we have lots of battles and events and clan stuff. We have wars with other clans, and now, thanks to me :), we have a League.