• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
^ That doesn't always help. I've had the same issue myself, but it basically just sorts itself out eventually. For me, it took a few days before it went back to normal, without me really doing anything.

dman_dustin

dman - Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Sometimes that fixes issues with notifications.

^ That doesn't always help. I've had the same issue myself, but it basically just sorts itself out eventually. For me, it took a few days before it went back to normal, without me really doing anything.

It's been like that ever since I logged in when the reputation system was disabled, which was a very long time ago, I assume.

I've just tolerated up to now, but it's finally getting on my nerves.

When I click on the "reputation comments" it just takes me to my settings where nothing is there in regards to it.

But I've done everything, even logging in from a different computer, and it still says: 5 reputation comments in my notifications.

I've even had issues where I had clear out my cache/cookies, and it's still there.

I think it's been like this for at least a few months. I stopped coming in to Serebii, around March. Didn't come back until April, the following month to make a single comment, then it was an additional month in May, 48 days.

^ I have a similar problem - I always have that 1 Reputation Comment haunting me up in the corner and it doesn't go away. It's been like that for months. I've just lived with it but always wondered if there's a way to get rid of it somehow haha!

Winter Breeze

formely joseph.
So, i've been trying to upload an image to my signature but the "signature permissions" table says that i can't. Why is this ?

Last edited:

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
What is the picture under your title next to your avatar under your name? Mine has Professor Oak. How do I change it if I want to?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
What is the picture under your title next to your avatar under your name? Mine has Professor Oak. How do I change it if I want to?

It's dependent entirely on post count, you can't change it manually. That being said avoid spamming to get the one you want. You can find out more here.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Oh okay. Thank you for your help!

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I have already had a couple of what I am pressuming as "spammers". I report them immediately to try and help with issues. Why? How frequently does it normally happen? And if I can, how do I make it stop?

~Dragon Arbock~

Spirit of the Ring
I have a question- I'm not new, but I've been gone for about 5 years- I noticed that looking around, any image that used to be hosted on t i n y p i c (had to space it out because it appears the word is on the banlist) has had part of the url replaced with ******* (the aforementioned spaced word- but if you know that's what it was, you can make it work). Did something happen?- Is it because that website's links expire and are reused if you don't have an account? (I do so all of mine are still good, but still..)

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a question- I'm not new, but I've been gone for about 5 years- I noticed that looking around, any image that used to be hosted on t i n y p i c (had to space it out because it appears the word is on the banlist) has had part of the url replaced with ******* (the aforementioned spaced word- but if you know that's what it was, you can make it work). Did something happen?- Is it because that website's links expire and are reused if you don't have an account? (I do so all of mine are still good, but still..)

That's pretty much it, it was censored because of an issue that came up with reused links.

Due to some issues that have occurred, I had to block a certain small picture hosting site. The URLs ended up getting re-appropriated and have put us in bad standing.

As such, I recommend that, if you must use them, you use ones like imgur or minus.

Thanks

You can read more about it here but this is the gist of it.

Zealot

Hello guys! I'm trying to find a thread where we can exchange Friend Codes (for Friend Safari). Can someone direct me to it? Sorry for bothering.

Raravian

Ditto Pimp
Hello, I'm trying to post something in the Poképolls section, and want to add some images to the post. I'm using the [ img ] BB code (but without spaces), ending with [/ img ] (without spaces again) to close. In between is the link, as usual. Normally I don't have any trouble with this, and I've used it in my signature as well. Though now that I'm trying to post on the Poképolls subforum, it does not work, and the images show up as hyperlinks instead. I've tried to use images in this subforum (Help & Newbie Lounge) as well, as a way of testing, and now they don't show up at all. It is just blank space here, not even a hyperlink. Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

This is supposed to be an image of a Premier Ball:

Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

But it's not very effective...

Raravian

Ditto Pimp
Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

Ah, it's working again. Brilliant.
Sorry for the double post by the way. Just didn't want to use the defect post anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.