• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never done that and I've been able to send messages before and they show up in the sent folder. But I'll check to see if that's the problem.

EDIT: That was the problem, I must have unselected it. Thanks for helping out.

Last edited:

Lucario Master Chris

Master of Psychics
I have like, ten different questions about Competitive Battling but most of them are rather long-winded. Where should I post them?

Cacophony

This is a painfully stupid question, but I can't find it in the FAQ and it's not showing up with the search function. (I didn't manually search through all 25 individual pages though, I'm afraid I do have limits.)

For future reference, how do I write with strikeout? With a line crossing through the middle of the text? I see it around but I don't see an option in the advanced reply box. Probably just some tag code I don't know?

Never mind. Question answered through PM, as demonstrated.

To anyone else who's as ignorant about this stuff as I am, it's (your text here) [*/s], without the * symbol.

EDIT: Beaten to my own demonstration! Thanks for the info though, Moogles.

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
Yep it's a sample tag code.

Take B for bold for example, replace it with S. I also added the example below, just remove the asterix.

[*S]Text Here[*/S]

Dark Eevee

One of my friends here on Serebii was banned (I don't for how long either) and I was wondering if it's possible to send him an email or if that's against the rules (I read the rules but I might have missed it).
Other wise I can't tell him when I can trade.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
One of my friends here on Serebii was banned (I don't for how long either) and I was wondering if it's possible to send him an email or if that's against the rules (I read the rules but I might have missed it).
Other wise I can't tell him when I can trade.

You're asking our permission to send a friend an email? We don't care what you do outside the forums. If you don't have his email address, well that's not our problem either.

How do I put pictures on my signature, i know you have to put the URL but what is the URL and how do i find the URL for a pictur.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Quick question. When I'm not logged on and i click someone's profile, it lets me be all creeper-tastic and see what threads he/she is reviewing/replying to. However, when I log on, this feature doesn't exist. Why is that? Is there any way I can continue my creeper ways while loggered on?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Might not be obvious, but do you use a different skin form the default? When you're not logged in, the forums shows up in the usual green background, but if you're using a different one it may be because of that.

Also on a separate note, I'll be working on an Updated FAQ over the next few weeks/months (when I get the time). So if anyone has any suggestions, can they send them to me in PM. Please do not use this topic, or post them on my profile. Private Messages only.

mockingjay

swift and lol
How do I hide my rank? I don't like it. I see some people can... or is it some sorta VIP thing I don't know about?

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
How do I hide my rank? I don't like it. I see some people can... or is it some sorta VIP thing I don't know about?
Those are either users who got their signature banned (and are in the sig-banned usergroup because of that) or users who haven't verfied their email address. Both of these usergroups don't have any rank banners.

Dragon Houou

ドラゴントレーナー
I have two questions. Is there any way I can change my user name or get it changed? Also If it isn't possible, would the only way to change my user name be to delete my account?

Peter Quill

star-lord
There is no way as of the moment. At times the staff opens a thread where you can change your username, however that hasn't been open for awhile. And as of the moment it proabably won't be.

You can't delete your account, however you can PM an Admin or other staff. Notify them them that you are making a new account so they can give you any existing infractions and user notes etc. But I seriously think you can just wait it out

miltank

Monster
This is more of a problem than a question. Whenever I try to change the forum "style" it doesn't stay changed. When I click onto another sub-forum it just reverts back to the one I had previously. Before you ask, yes I am logged in. I just can't get it to stay on the style I want.

Edit: Never mind I solved it.

Last edited:

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
So, for the past couple days, my post count has been going down sometimes when I post. Such as five minutes ago I had 111 posts, then I posted once more. I then had 99, though when I post again my count goes up normally. What can I do to fix this, or can it be fixed?

Last edited:

Angeling

true love
This is more of a problem than a question. Whenever I try to change the forum "style" it doesn't stay changed. When I click onto another sub-forum it just reverts back to the one I had previously. Before you ask, yes I am logged in. I just can't get it to stay on the style I want.

Edit: Never mind I solved it.
Next time, you can go to the Edit Options in User CP and select a permanent style.

So, for the past couple days, my post count has been going down sometimes when I post. Such as five minutes ago I had 111 posts, then I posted once more. I then had 99, though when I post again my count goes up normally. What can I do to fix this, or can it be fixed?
It could be that your posts were deleted or in a thread that got deleted. Or you're posting in a section where posts don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.