• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
I'm having trouble uploading a profile picture. The message "invalid file" or "invalid url" keeps appearing. Are there any restrictions I don't know about, or is there really something wrong with the text I paste into the box?

Profesco

gone gently
Post a link to the picture you want

L.F.D.

Hm? Well, like I said, I was pretty sure I was doing things correctly. I'll post the picture here, along with the link text I have.

Ah! Well there's the problem. My, right about now I wish I knew a thing about tech... I haven't the slightest idea of what this problem is.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Is it possible you accidently put the link in the upload from computer part instead of the upload from website part?

Post step by step exactly what you're doing when you're trying to upload the pic.

Profesco

gone gently
I copied the link you posted, cleared the original "http://www." from the "upload url image" box, and pasted the link you wrote into that box. (Not the one from the computer.) Then clicked "save changes."

And voila- invalid file.

Profesco

gone gently
Yes, I did that too. When I try to upload the image from my computer, I get the message "this is not a valid image file." Oh well. I guess I'll ask for help in the tech help section eventually. Thank you guys for helping me!

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Listen I have some infractions with points, after they expire do the points disappear or do new infraction points add onto them?

awlccl123

i have 2 threads that are alike. one is just a normal thread, but the other one is a poll with an expiration date. when the poll expires, will it be marked as spam?

p.s. is it possible to change a thread that i started into a poll?

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I'm Currently having Avatar problems, I've had this happen ever since I joined SPPF, When you go to choose an avatar, They run off tot he right side of your page and you can't scroll over to the right and click on an avatar, or go to the bottom and Click 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 16 last >> They are all to the right I can't really choose much avatars. It just goes off the page.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
i have 2 threads that are alike. one is just a normal thread, but the other one is a poll with an expiration date. when the poll expires, will it be marked as spam?

p.s. is it possible to change a thread that i started into a poll?
Why did you have to make two threads that are alike for a poll? You could have made only one thread with a poll.

I believe the Mods will count the second a spam already, if they are both based on just the same topic.

And no, whenever you have finished making a thread, you can't change anything of it without the first post, Mods can.

awlccl123

Why did you have to make two threads that are alike for a poll? You could have made only one thread with a poll.

I believe the Mods will count the second a spam already, if they are both based on just the same topic.

And no, whenever you have finished making a thread, you can't change anything of it without the first post, Mods can.

i couldn't make it into a poll because i would not be able to figure out what anyone would vote for.

Status
Not open for further replies.