• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
I have a question. How do I change the small banner under the title? The one with badges. Mine still has professor Oak and the Kanto starters.

It changes with amount of posts you make. Le Guide: http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item9#faq_usertitles

If it something to with Pokémon, and not shipping (romance), it goes in to the Pokemon fics.

If its nothing to with Pokémon, it should go in to Non Pokemon stories.

If it's Shipping Romance with "someone" else characters or in someone elses worlds, it belongs in shipping.

Ahh, okay, thank you for clearing that up n_n

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
How can I edit polls? It's because I programmed one to be closed in 2 days but it should be 1.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
So very simply, which threads in this forum increase you post count when you post in a thread?

I want to increase my postcount so I can keep getting a new Badge but alot of the threads I've looked at say "Posts here don't count towards post count"

Can someone please compile a list of some sort which tells me all the threads which do actually increase my post count. Thx.

DarumakkaImposter

How can I edit polls? It's because I programmed one to be closed in 2 days but it should be 1.
Sadly, you can't. However, I believe that certain moderators can. Such as the moderators of that section or SMods+.
How do I add a trainer card from http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/ to my signature?
It's the IMG tag. Put [noparse]
[/noparse] and it should work

So very simply, which threads in this forum increase you post count when you post in a thread?

I want to increase my postcount so I can keep getting a new Badge but alot of the threads I've looked at say "Posts here don't count towards post count"

Can someone please compile a list of some sort which tells me all the threads which do actually increase my post count. Thx.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item9#faq_postcountnull

Some sub-forums also don't count towards your post count.

Last edited:

The G-Man

Thanks for the help.

shamrockty12

Hoenn Champion
I keep seeing Pokemon sprites from the games in peoples' signatures.

Can anyone tell me how to do that, so i can put what pkm i want and what pkm im looking for?

DarumakkaImposter

K thnx it worked. anoter question whats the chracter limit in posts???
The minimum is 10, the Max is 50, 000.

Can anyone tell me how to do that, so i can put what pkm i want and what pkm im looking for?

If you want to get the images into your signature, use the BBCode.

[noparse][IMG]your url here[/noparse]

If you don't know how to get the url, right click the image and click "copy image url" and then paste the url into the IMG tag.

Please note that I normally use google chrome. If you use firefox then you can just copy and paste the image into your signature.

Last edited:

AlexBW

Better, though...
I've noticed that below the username is a mini bar whre there is a Gym Ledaer and a Abdge, in my case it's Brock, what does this means.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
In the case of staff, who also have different coloured names, we have special mini-bar, which indicates one of three ranks. These in this case only change if we are promoted or Demoted.

If you get your posts Deleted or moved to forums where it doesn't count: your Mini-bar will drop back down if it crosses that threshold. As staff, I've had to both to several users, in most cases they had been breaking the rules. One rule is for Double posting/Posting twice in a row in a thread.

arceus03

Or if it's sprites like ;493; this you're looking for, then it's just the Pokemon's National Pokedex number enclosed by semicolons.

E.g. the NAtional Pokedex # for Slowbro is 80, so you would put ;080*; (without the *) : ;080;

Scraggymaster

Where's the button that you have to press to start a new thread?
How do you get that big section under your name so you can put stuff there?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Where's the button that you have to press to start a new thread?
How do you get that big section under your name so you can put stuff there?

New thread - Go to the forum where you want to create a new thread. Create a New thread will be near the top and bottom of each page. Some areas Forums will not allow non-staff members to create new threads.

Adding "Stuff" - Settings -> Edit Profile

One way to get to Settings is at the top of each name, and then edit profile link will be on the left side of the screen.

Shraeder

It's Lit
How do you make it so that a line goes through your text? Hard to describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.