• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
It means what do you want to name the spoiler as.

If it's a gym leader spoiler, just type that like...

Valerie is from Johto

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
3ds help someone!! Okay sp I've just got a 3ds for Christmas today and I'm trying to download the event torchic but to do that it says I need to agree to the terms and policies but when I go to do this it just gives me an error message saying there's no connection in this region or something.. So I went to connect my ds to my WiFi but when I do that it can't get a single bar of signal even though I'm standing next to my router. I haven't been able to connect to Nintendo WiFi on white 2 for the past week or two now. The problem is definitely specific to Nintendo's WiFi as normal WiFi works absolutely fine on all phones and computers in the house. Did Nintendo change some settings or something? Any help you can give meso I can get the torchic will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
can someone tell me how to pm a screenshot that's on my computer to someone?

Upload the screenshot to a photo-hosting site, such as Photobucket or imgur, then get the IMG tag from that website and post it in the PM. To see if you did it right, you can preview your PM before you send it if you click on "Go Advanced".

ForgottenEons

Shiny Hunter
This is probably a dumb question, but oh well. I'm trying to post a list of Pokemon, for example:

;001; ;004; ;007;
;152; ;155; ;158;
;252; ;255; ;258;
;387; ;390; ;393;

Since the PokéSmilies have generations 1 through 4 and some of generation 5, I decided to use the sprites from the main site for the rest of the Pokemon. But whenever I try to add a link, I immediately get this message: "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words." The link certainly doesn't have any forbidden words in it, so I assumed it was because I don't have enough posts. Yet, when I checked the FAQ and around the forums, I couldn't find anything that said something along the lines of "new users can't post links". Is their a certain number of posts I need, or am I missing something obvious?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Not sure if this is the right place but:

How many positive rep comments do you need in order to get a 2nd bar under your name?

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
After reading the FAQ, I still don't understand how to put pictures into my sig.
I am soon opening a trade shop and I want to put the 3d avatars in the thread, so I am practicing by putting 3d avatars in my sig.
When I do it, it looks like this:
658.shtml

What I have noticed is that when others use Serebii, their URL end in .png instead of .shtml like mine.

Also when I look at signature permissions, it says I can't post pics in my sig. Why can't I do this when others can? Can I change the signature permissions.
I have tried this on my iPad and it didnt work.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Not sure if this is the right place but:

How many positive rep comments do you need in order to get a 2nd bar under your name?

I might be wrong about this, but I think that you can gain up to 10 bars. Your first bar is the default 10 rep points. The second bar is after 50 rep points, the third after 100, etc., following this pattern:

10, 50, 100, 200, 350, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000.

After reading the FAQ, I still don't understand how to put pictures into my sig.
I am soon opening a trade shop and I want to put the 3d avatars in the thread, so I am practicing by putting 3d avatars in my sig.
658.shtml

What I have noticed is that when others use Serebii, their URL end in .png instead of .shtml like mine.

Also when I look at signature permissions, it says I can't post pics in my sig. Why can't I do this when others can? Can I change the signature permissions.

Have you gotten a lot of infractions against you from mods for breaking signature rules? They will often take away your picture permissions if you get a lot of infractions. Otherwise, you should be able to upload a picture to a photo-hosting site, such as imgur or Photobucket, and copy/paste the IMG tags from that site onto your sig and it should work.

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
658.shtml

You are right, that's the problem. You need to use the link of an image, not a website. Right click on an image to show its properties and use that URL.
I guess you probably want this:
[noparse]
658.png
[/noparse]
which will result in this:
658.png

Does it say you can't post pictures in your sig or does it say you can't upload them? No one can upload pictures for signatures on SPPf itself but uploading them to an external image host should be fine.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey fellas, can anyone explain to me why is there a Miltank on top of some users' nicknames, mine inclusive? Been away from the forums for some weeks, never saw this during the 6 years I've been here.
qxlOeTG.jpg

Thanks in advance!

That Looks like the skin issue to me. First try hitting Ctrl+F5 on this Page, it changes back to the Dot Icon then you're fine. If not, post which skin this happening on and contact staff about this. I think Razor Leaf does skins.

R'linho

Retro Trainer
That Looks like the skin issue to me. First try hitting Ctrl+F5 on this Page, it changes back to the Dot Icon then you're fine. If not, post which skin this happening on and contact staff about this. I think Razor Leaf does skins.

You're right: it was appearing where the online indicator should be (the green dot). For some reason it only appeared on my iPad and it seems to be back to normal now. Very weird. I just thought it could mean something, lol.

Thanks anyway!

Hey I don't want to be banned or something for this so I'll ask first. I really need some help with a survey about visual styles and simply need as many people as possible to participate. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post something like this on this forum so my question is: Can I ask people to fill out my survey and how and where can I do this? (post a topic or something) It's an incredibly short survey for which I'd have to post a link. Can someone please answer my question? Thanks in advance :)

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
no, you're generally not allowed to solicit people for anything

tothewest88

I received this notification/message a few days ago, and I can't figure out what it means or why I received it. I PM'ed a few different board moderators, but have received no replies. Can anyone explain why I received this message: "Latest Reputation Received (11 point(s) total) No Comment Made"

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.