• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

Including this thread, yes. It says visibly atop the subforum, "Posts do not count towards Post Count". Imagine if people's post counts were inflated by everything that goes on in this subforum.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Do you need to be at a certain rep to give out reps?? All the reps I give seem to automatically turn gray.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
speculation but i think it's probably that because you're in negative reps yourself that your pos reps aren't actually worth any points

Ditto B1tch

I wanted to change my nickname, but it's been months that the nickname thread doesn't open.

Can I ask a mod? I'm tired of waiting...

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Why is BB code not allowed in VM's?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
BB Code is enabled in VMs...

It is only disabled in your About Me.

It didn't let me post some text with a font on in a vm a min ago...

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Oh, yeah, Font and Font Size are disab,ed because of possible Spam.

Yh I meant it was allowing me to use fonts. Spam? That's the excuse for everything. -.-

Treasurepanda

So I went on a thread in the x y discussion topic.
I posted about that I saw hacked shiny legendary pokemon when I was trading with someone.
I thought it was okay to talk about it only because I saw other people talking about it.

I think its silly I got an infraction just because of that.

No one even sent me a pm warning, they just automatically gave me an infraction.

Please take it off since I now know I cant talk about that on here. Its not like I was saying I hacked shiny legendaries, because I dont and wouldnt bother.

I didnt know I was the only person who couldn't talk about stuff like that.

Thank you.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I posted about that I saw hacked shiny legendary pokemon when I was trading with someone.
I thought it was okay to talk about it only because I saw other people talking about it.

No one even sent me a pm warning, they just automatically gave me an infraction.

Please take it off since I now know I cant talk about that on here. Its not like I was saying I hacked shiny legendaries, because I dont and wouldnt bother.

Thank you.

This isn't the right place to discuss infractions. You have to talk directly to the moderator who infracted you, if you're unsatisfied with the answer, then follow the chain of command. Mod -- > Supermod -- > Admin.

I looked at your infraction, and it is completely fair. The forum rules are accessible for everyone, if you didn't read them, then that is on you. We aren't required to warn you, as the rules are there for you to access at any time. Warnings are given at the discretion of the moderator. Furthermore, you can't see the infractions that others receive, so you've no idea that they didn't get in trouble for the same thing.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Thank you.

Staff do not need to give a warning before an infraction. Sometimes conversations get a series of infraction given out sometime later. Unless you're staff you will not know, besides you own infractions, who got infractions for which post. I should point out that most infractions will expire in 45 days, the worse one that I think you have lasts 3 Months.

If you wish to contest the infraction, you can contact the Mod who gave it you. If you think it will go nowhere you can contact a member of staff above him/her: That is Super Mod then Admin then Serebii. A list of all staff and there positions are here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showgroups.php Please note Staff can not remove the infraction but only reverse it.

Please remember that the Main forum Rules: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=397567 does not allow hacking or cheating.

As a long term user, this will not often affect you too much, I've been infracted by staff a few times. As former Staff, I know how often I gave out these infractions.

EDIT: Ninjas..

Treasurepanda

That's ridiculous, im done with this site.
People need to be more mature.
Bye.

Post Moderation

Invisible Presence
Is CSS enabled on the forums? I tried putting it in my sig and it showed up as code, so I wasn't sure if it was the forums or me doing something wrong. Thank you!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is CSS enabled on the forums? I tried putting it in my sig and it showed up as code, so I wasn't sure if it was the forums or me doing something wrong. Thank you!

CSS is part of the Forum, as in Most cases it will affect the WHOLE PAGE. Serebii forums does use it, which part of the tech behind the styles menu. Adding your own can create issues, So I doubt one add it as their signature, and make it work with just your signature. This Limitation I think is with VB, Not Serebii forums.

If you really want to create your own style on the forums there are some plug-ins for certain Browsers, that will affect your what you just see.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What are permission groups?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I have a question, does getting too many negative reputations affect my ability to post?

I ignore most of them because if I can't reply there is no point in acknowledging them.

But I am worried that negative reputations will affect my ability to post, or make the green dot near my username red which I don't want. Please tell me I'm gonna be fine.

Also, the vast majority of them are "Who cares?" and "Stop complaining", (which is ironic, as they are really complaining more than I am where these posts are usually just me stating my opinion.) which is another reason not to take them seriously.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I have a question, does getting too many negative reputations affect my ability to post?

I ignore most of them because if I can't reply there is no point in acknowledging them.

But I am worried that negative reputations will affect my ability to post, or make the green dot near my username red which I don't want. Please tell me I'm gonna be fine.

Also, the vast majority of them are "Who cares?" and "Stop complaining", (which is ironic, as they are really complaining more than I am where these posts are usually just me stating my opinion.) which is another reason not to take them seriously.

Reputation does not effect your ability to post and is purely cosmetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.