• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[OLD] Newbie Help & FAQ - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm having trouble trying to use the strike through text tag here at Serebii.forums, and it's not included in the facts about normally used text tags. What's the proper way to do it, and can the input be updated in the facts for future reference? Thanks Serebii Staff!

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm having trouble trying to use the strike through text tag here at Serebii.forums, and it's not included in the facts about normally used text tags. What's the proper way to do it, and can the input be updated in the facts for future reference? Thanks Serebii Staff!
Try
[*s]text[/*s]

without the * Should result in

text

chzrd55ab

I made a thread under the General Pokémon Discussion: asking about what other cool/unique pokemon websites are out there and it disappeared, why? and how to I get it back?
thanks.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I made a thread under the General Pokémon Discussion: asking about what other cool/unique pokemon websites are out there and it disappeared, why? and how to I get it back?
thanks.

I'm not a mod, but my guess is it was deleted because that's more of a question for the General Chat Thread more than it is worthy of having its own thread.

HM02gon

Waiting...
How to you do the text thing where there's a line through your text? Seriously how? I checked every option but I can't figure it out.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
How to you do the text thing where there's a line through your text? Seriously how? I checked every option but I can't figure it out.

You use the [*s] BB code. So you put [*s]text[/s] without the asterisk and you'll get text

there was a bit more to it, would like to see it though, it had a few replies.

That's a question for the subforum/thread mod who deleted it then :)

Can anyone tell me how to delete an attachment from one of my posts? I've tried 'manage attachments' in the advanced edit settings, but there doesn't seem to be a delete option. Am I in the right place?

Found it under profile settings! : )

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Why are loads of threads which were created like 10 years ago still open? Just looking through the fan art shops for example and there's 82 pages of shops. There's probably about 5 or so pages of actual active shops so why don't all the others get closed? (as in close the thread) It's a rule break to post in a thread after 30 days of inactivity in that thread so it's basically just sitting there never to be used again...

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
To add to that, some sections have exceptions to the bumping rule, like in fics where the author can post new updates regardless of time. But I do realise that's not the case with art shops.

But yeah, there's no easy way to track when a thread is past 30 days with no posts. The only way is to actually check the last post date of each thread individually, and bumping isn't such a common problem to require that imo.

DemonCode

Banned
So how do you obtain posts? (sorry if this is the wrong place to ask) ^_^;

DemonCode

Banned
Oh,and I have to have 10 to post links right? Like the one i want to put in my sig doesnt work

shinymankey

Crobat Master
I feel a little dumb asking this, but I haven't been on in like a year.
I have no idea how to change my signature. I don't know if it was locked or something. But I just want to know how to change it.
It still has my fourth gen stuff on it, and I really just want to get rid of it.

Thank you!

DemonCode

Banned
So for my some reason I can use links in a message but not my sig. How come?

So for my some reason I can use links in a message but not my sig. How come?

I think it's because you didn't have 10 posts at the time you posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.