• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old One Wars: A Cthulhu Mythos RPG

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sabrina Carter
Dorm Room 236, Miskatonic, Massachusetts
9:?? ET

(The time, I have no freaking clue anymore…)

Sabrina and the instructor’s enthusing, over the mutual love of a law that was completely unknown to Sabrina, petered out when the instructor realized class would be over soon and she still had quite a bit of information to disseminate.

That was fine with Sabrina who was dealing with the voices in her head again. The first voice had returned with a reply, ‘My name is Diego. I live in Atlanta and I am the container to the one and only Cthulhu.’

Cthulhu… Sabrina might not have heard of Mordiggian before being bonded to him, but Cthulhu she recognized. He was the octopus headed thing from some old horror story, right?

An image of the boy she was speaking too started to form in her head, and he continued, ‘You're really pretty looking by the way… Everything all right?’

You’re not bad yourself,’ she submitted, ‘Today has been really weird… I imagine you feel the same way; finding out I’m bonded to Mordiggian, and I only kind of know what that means, but I can feel him, his emotions and needs, and now I’m talking to other people in my head. It’s a trip.’

Trip. What an old term. But it was the only thing that really came to mind.

Trip. A trip. Yes. She like that idea, she need to see this Diego face-to-face. She felt a wavering in Mordiggian’s pressure on her. Yes, she decided, he likes that too. Whatever business Mordiggian had with Cthulhu, it was probably more important than outdated penal laws. She shoved her stuff into her bag recklessly, “Excuse me Mrs. Wright, I’m not feeling well, I think I’m going to go back to my dorm and lie down.”

“Alright dear,” condoned the old woman.

“Do you want me to come with you, make sure you get there okay?” asked Franklin. Sabrina half smiled, he was so sweet, she’d like to take a walk with him, but no, there were priorities. Then again, she could use a few things from her room before heading off, and she still need to figure out where. The whole idea was crazy. She nodded yes to Franklin, and he got up gathering his belongings.

Being the gentleman he was he insisted on carrying her bag and opening the door for her. Maybe she could take him with her? No, he’d never believe she was running an errand for ancient god.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Gao
Southern California alleys
6 am, around the later times

'Calm down old friend. Your hatching has much to learn, do not strike fear in him. It appears he has no father. He is your heir, is he not? The day will come when they will supplant us, Cthulhu spoke to Yig.

Hey buddy. It's gonna be all right. I'll protect you..'
'My name is Diego, but you can call me bro. We're gonna be soulbrothers from now on'
came the sound of the host for Clthulu. Halt shook as he felt what must have been arms around, and made a wimpering mental sound.

You can talk, friend, because yours doesn't shrival into a small mound of scales at the slightest sign of provocation. Yig snarled. And he has a father...just now he has nothing but me and this hair ball

"...D....Diego? Could....could you keep me safe....?" he wimpers to the boy Diego. He was so scared. "If my mother found me....I'd....I'd....." he couldn't finsih the sentence, but sent the sasation of a knife stabbing into his testes, as the punishment he would be inflicted for going back to Maine. He stood up unsteadily, and shook violently. The hug was forcing him...must...be....tall...."Yig...is...is there a way we can get to the other side of the coasts....fast?"

Finally some life in you. There's a snake hole near you, it'll bring you there as fast as the wind.

"Snake hole?" Halt looked down, and notcied something opening beneath him. A spiral of snakes formed beneath him, and suddenly it opened deep. Halt let out a shriek as he fell through, sliding through what felt like the coils of a springs or some kind of smooth belly. "What is this?!" he shouted as he slid as what felt like unimaginable speeds. Yig didn't anwser, so Halt had to shut up and feel the ride. He could feel the weather change around him, and before long, a new home opened.

Georgia, East Coast

"AHHHH!" Halt screamed as he was thrown out of a hole, and landed hard onto his butt near a mexican boy, taller than him by a strong amount. He gulped. "u-um...h0....hia....?" he wimpered.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: If it helps any, Vampirate Mace, I think the time differences are based on the fact that the stuff going on with all the characters happens at the same time, but the time is different due to the characters being in different time zones. It's around 9:40AM Eastern time (Diego and Sabrina), around 6:40AM Pacific time (Halt), and around 2:40PM GMT (Yamiko and Lupin). The times for my characters are a bit skewed because I had Lupin sleep for an extra hour after the start time, so now I'm just trying to equalize everything out...
IC:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yamiko Murakage
A house near Oxford University
2:50PM GMT

For a while, what she had just done actually felt good. The power to effectively get rid of all the simple-minded fools who wander stupidly about this world. The ability to cast aside any petty annoyances that make the world a loud and stressful place. The ability to trim the world as one would a bush in a well-kept garden, so that what's left is something orderly and safe. It was the sort of new world Yamiko always knew would never happen with humanity as it is now, but with Hastur around, this was much different.

Yet, making this sort of world was not a very triumphant goal. There was a sort of melancholy to it, almost. Yes, indeed, if it was as Hastur had mentioned, in time, everything would be destroyed. In the end, everything is dust in the wind. The world would not be perfect until it was empty, dark, silent. And in a way, it was actually beautiful. It was just what this world needed. Maybe. Just maybe.

These thoughts lingered at the back of Yamiko's mind as she inched her way into a narrow parking space in between two other cars on the side of the street. In the end, she had to make the car behind her vanish in order to fit in this parking spot. Ah well, it was a boring white car anyway. Why did so many cars have to be white anyway? Why couldn't people pick more interesting car colours, like green or yellow or purple or something? Heck, even black was cooler than white, but then again, maybe people feared being targeted as gangsters or something if their cars were all black. Who knows.

With a small giggle to herself, Yamiko left the car and walked over to the sidewalk, and then up the steps leading to the place where both Lupin and his friend Merlin resided. As she arrived, she also thought about what Hastur had told her she must do. That her job would be to destroy the ones bonded to the other Great Old Ones, especially Cthulhu. Everyone who has been contacted by a god surely more benevolent than Hastur. Everyone who had powers on the level of hers (maybe). Everyone who had touched one of those cursed black crystals.

But just after she rang the doorbell, she froze.
Wait a minute, she thought. I have to destroy all of the others... Inside her, she knew Hastur was slowly nodding his yellow hooded head. ...But that means... That means I'll also have to destroy Lupin!

Edwin "Lupin" Tasselbury
Inside the aforementioned house
2:50PM GMT

Just as Lupin was getting used to being in wolf form, he heard another voice in his head. A female voice. It must have been Sabrina.

“Lupin? I’m in Massachusetts, USA… I cut myself on this black rock, it looked like fire, but at the same time it just looked like a black rock…and was bonded to Mordiggian. His priest-monk, or whatever, explained it… more or less… Did something like that happen to you?”

Lupin thought back to his own black crystal, the one he stole from Oxford's archive and accidentally cut himself on on the way back. Looking at it later (at the time when he first spotted it, he was more concerned with avoiding detection by the campus security officials than with the appearance of the crystal itself), he did notice that it seemed to have an ominous air about it, but maybe that was because it was black. It did seem like fire, but maybe that was because it glowed in the light of the candles Merlin often lit next to where it sat.

"No, in my case there was no priest or monk," Lupin replied back. "Just this gigantic chubby mole-like creature who enjoys being underground. I also cut myself on a black crystal--I suppose there must have been a curse of some sort on it."
Then something strange happened, right as soon as he mentally said the word "curse", pretty much. He saw a vision, of a classroom of some sort. And of a young woman, probably younger than him, who almost reminded him of Yamiko with the red hair and the trenchcoat and the subtly dark vibe she gave off. But that was probably just his imagination. No one in their right mind, and certainly not Yamiko, would cut the sleeves off of a nice coat like that, especially not a purple one. Oh well, who was he to be a judge of women's fashion anyway? And Sabrina certainly didn't have the sensitive and melancholic air about her that Yamiko did. She seemed comparatively well-off in fact, starting off university and presumably in a relationship with someone more... normal, at least with respect to Lupin that is.
"So, have you also noticed being able to do some... unusual things? Mystical powers, strange transformations, or the like? If so, they may be connected to the gods... I myself have just transformed into a wolf, and am speaking to you in that form..."

Lupin then heard a familiar rumbling yet high-pitched chuckle at the back of his mind.
"I think that is enough for now," Tsathoggua spoke to him. "You can turn back to your human form at will, you know. If being a pale toothpick with inferior senses and strength is more your thing. But hey, you see? You have a buddy now. Pity that your other buddy, Diego, hasn't responded. I presume Cthulhu's having a fit with his rival brother again. You know, I COULD just take you to where Diego is so you can talk to him in person. Beware though, I hear it is rather sunny in Georgia now."

Lupin wasn't even listening to the last part of what Tsathoggua was saying. Another thought had occurred to him. If he really could contact the others who were bonded to the Great Old Ones, then did that mean he had that same sort of telepathic link with Yamiko as well? After all, she had also interacted with a black crystal and experienced those nightmares... Yet for some reason, Yamiko seemed distant to him, inaccessible for some reason. If she was bonded to a great and powerful figure, then what sort of creature was it?

He was interrupted by the sound of a doorbell ringing. Immediately he took a step towards the door, and realised that he was still standing on four legs. Tsathoggua had said he could turn back at will, right? If he said so... So he tried it, rising up onto his hind legs and trying to feel his fingers again rather than stubby furry paws. And it worked. He was human again, and even had all his clothes and everything else intact, down to every last object that had been in his pockets prior to the transformation. Satisfied with this, he walked towards the door. As he walked by Artemis, he noticed that she seemed disappointed or confused somehow, given how she didn't bark at the door like she usually did when the doorbell rang.

And so he opened the door, only to find a petrified Yamiko who seemed to be looking right through him. She was definitely in shock, like some great terror had stricken her. But as the seconds passed, that shock gave way to despair. Yamiko was trenbling all over, the way she usually did when she was about to start crying. Yet this was a bit different. She was looking at him as if the very sight of him pained her, almost as if there was something wrong with him, or her, or both.

"...Is something the matter?" Lupin asked Yamiko, barely above a whisper (which in all actuality is how loud he usually talks). Gently, he extended a hand towards her. "Strange things have been happening to me, and I imagine it must have affected you too. Why don't you come in..."

She did. Literally. Without warning, she flung herself through the doorway and wrapped her arms around Lupin, burying her face into his chest. She just couldn't do it. As much as she was beginning to like destroying things, she couldn't possibly hope to destroy Lupin, not even if Hastur implied that she would have to. Hastur was probably going to be mad at her for it (or facepalming more likely, if he even had palms), but now she didn't really know what to think. In all fairness, she would much rather just destroy herself and be done with it. Was that even possible?

As Yamiko stood there and cried, Lupin lazily hugged her back, supposing perhaps that she had a particularly horrific encounter with whatever supreme being she had accidentally made a pact with. But in a way, that actually comforted him. Although the curse of the black crystal had weakened his well-being and given him strange powers, he wasn't going through it alone. And it wasn't just Yamiko either. There was also Sabrina and Diego and whoever else was affected. And also Merlin, who at least attempted to understand what was going on with the crystals. In a way, he felt safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: This is all I have time to post now... I'll have Lupin join the others in my next post.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
((Okay, so we begin figuring out how to meet one another. I'd figure they'd meet in Providence, Rhode Island. The birthtown and deathtown of H.P. Lovecraft. They'd probably meet at a restaurant to talk and eat. Meanwhile, news reports come in

Diego Vendrix
University Square- Atlanta, GA
9:50 AM ET

Diego was listening to the conversations that were going on.

'You’re not bad yourself,’ she submitted, ‘Today has been really weird… I imagine you feel the same way; finding out I’m bonded to Mordiggian, and I only kind of know what that means, but I can feel him, his emotions and needs, and now I’m talking to other people in my head. It’s a trip.’

Diego slightly blushed. No one ever complimented him on his looks before. However, before he can comment on anything else, he felt something strange. It was a shimmer of sorts. He felt as if something was bending.

It was reality. Slowly, but surely, the vessels were merging more with their Great Old Ones and they were growing more in power. Diego saw the boy with his young kitten with him. Diego looked at the nervous boy and his first instinct was to hug him. However, he restrained himself.

Instead, he smiled as he bent down and smiled at Halt. He then gestured to follow him into a nearby class building. Diego went and got something from the vending machine for Halt before he led them somewhere more private.

"Everything will be all right. Your big bro is here," Diego said before he paused.

"Do not insult my bro, Yig. You've seen his life. For him to be like this, it must have been crap. You are the father of snakes... the king. That makes Halt the prince... your successor... your heir. your son. We have to undo the damage that his parents has done to him. I fear you not." Diego said to Yig.

Cthulhu chuckled. "Endless struggle. Eternal defiance. Madness. Willpower. Insanity. Freedom. They are all connected by the emotions of these humans. As long as they move, to resist, to fight against the all-consuming despair that Hastur embodies, they will win. It appears we may soon find our reason for being in these mortals,"

The wind blew, toward where Rhode Island laid. The homestate of the prophet.

Of H.P. Lovecraft.

"Everyone, let's meet in Providence, Rhode Island... Something important is there... I know it..." Diego said before he looked at Halt.

"Ready to go?" he said as he smiled with a friendly grin.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(I PMed Kiruria and haven’t been answered yet, but I feel this bears repeating, not to harp, but so it’s understood. I know how timezones and such work, [I may make mistakes, but I know how they work], but rather it’s the chronological inconsistency in the minutes between posts here, not just Kiruria’s, that has been confusing me.)

Sabrina Carter
9:50 ET

Sabrina let Franklin walk her to her dorm. She got her reply from Lupin on the way, “No, in my case there was no priest or monk, just this gigantic chubby mole-like creature who enjoys being underground. I also cut myself on a black crystal--I suppose there must have been a curse of some sort on it."

She was starting to see Lupin in her mind as well now, he was a wolf? "So, have you also noticed being able to do some... unusual things? Mystical powers, strange transformations, or the like? If so, they may be connected to the gods... I myself have just transformed into a wolf, and am speaking to you in that form..."

It took a bit of BSing, but she convinced Franklin to leave, and that she’d be fine until her roommate returned. She wasn’t actually planning on staying that long though.

She thought back to Lupin, “I guess you could call it a curse, as the old Gods were in those stones, and now we’re stuck with them… Powers? I’m not sure, people seem to think it’s colder than I do, and stuff has been disappearing… but, I’ve decided I’m getting out of here, I think I’m going to go find Diego, he’s the one bonded with Cthulhu.”

She peered out the window from an angle, making sure he actually walked away without making herself to obvious. She felt the same sensation from Mordiggian as before, it kind of seemed like… he was plotting.

She dumped out the contents of her schoolbag and started to stuff in anything she considered an essential. She probably ought to ask Diego where he was about now, beyond just Atlanta, otherwise this little trip was going to be pointless. She was about to ask when a new message from Diego entered her mind, "Everyone, let's meet in Providence, Rhode Island... Something important is there... I know it..."

Ah, Rhode Island, for some reason that sounded right to Sabrina. And it was practically next door. Sabrina threw her bag over her shoulder and replied, “Right! I’m on my way!”

She headed out, looking around to make sure Franklin wasn’t there, then strolled off campus heading towards the city bus depot.

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Gao
University Square, Atlanta, Georgia
9:50 am ET

The mexican bent down to look at Halt, and he imeddaitely smiled friendly like. Halt didn't have a chance to speak before he beconed Halt to follow him. Halt agreed, and got up, Star mewing a little in protest at being held against her will to her dada. He shushed her, and blushed a little as Diego, at least that was his best guess of his name, got him a snack from the vending machine. Jetlag hadn't set in, but Halt expected a big crash later on. He munched a little on the chips, before somehow, Diego talked to Yig directly. He eeped out of reflex. "Do not insult my bro, Yig. You've seen his life. For him to be like this, it must have been crap. You are the father of snakes... the king. That makes Halt the prince... your successor... your heir. your son. We have to undo the damage that his parents has done to him. I fear you not." Diego said to Yig.

Cthulhu chuckled. "Endless struggle. Eternal defiance. Madness. Willpower. Insanity. Freedom. They are all connected by the emotions of these humans. As long as they move, to resist, to fight against the all-consuming despair that Hastur embodies, they will win. It appears we may soon find our reason for being in these mortals,"

Yig seethed angerly, and Halt felt a tightenness in his throat. He coughed, and held his throat, with a coil around it now. He wasn't able to hold his hand out to agree with Diego at first. YOUR INSOLENCE IS ABSOLUTLY DISPICABLE, WORM Yig snarled agaisnt Diego, sending waves of revolusion and fury at Diego. Halt wimpere,d and started crying, shaking out of fear. He grabbed his patchy hair, and started pulling, trying to calm down. Star hopped away, and pawed at Diego for help.

"Stop it Yig! Stop it! It hurts! You're scaring me!" Halt pleaded and screamed at the god. He shook more, tears going down his face. "Stop it! Let him stop, let him try to help me! Stop being my mother!!" he screamed out the last bit verbily. Star mewed out. Yig hissed angerly and shook, but seemed to receed from his waves of anger. Halt panted, still tearing up a little, and had handfuls of his hear deep in his hands. He let it go, now having several balding patches on the top of his head. He stood up shakily, and with Star back in his arms, he held out his hand, shaking. "I...I...I think I'm okay now...b-bus?" he wispered and wimpered slightly.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Yamiko Murakage and Edwin "Lupin" Tasselbury
A house near Oxford University, 2:50PM
"Tsathoggua used Fissure!"

Once Yamiko got a hold of Lupin, she didn't want to leave him. She just wanted to stay there in this embrace, feeling his heartbeat, and pretending that all the stuff with the Great Old Ones was mere folly. Lupin felt a similar way, though being around Yamiko always eased his nerves a bit. Especially now, after all that happened so far today--waking up from his worst nightmare yet, discovering the identity of the entity who had caused the nightmares, finding out about strange powers that he had... For a moment, he felt as if all that didn't matter anymore. That as long as Yamiko was here, things would be all right.

Just then he heard a voice in his head, a voice belonging to Sabrina...
I guess you could call it a curse, as the old Gods were in those stones, and now we’re stuck with them… Powers? I’m not sure, people seem to think it’s colder than I do, and stuff has been disappearing… but, I’ve decided I’m getting out of here, I think I’m going to go find Diego, he’s the one bonded with Cthulhu.
She was going to find Diego, eh? Lupin had no interest in doing such a thing. If he had his way, he would decide to just remain here with Yamiko. Unless Yamiko wanted to go find Diego, that is.

Breaking his train of thought, the ground gave a mighty jolt, causing Yamiko and Lupin to lose their balance and fall to the floor. They could hear the sound of glass breaking, probably the cabinet in the sitting room falling over. The ground shook again, but not as violently as before. And then it rumbled in low vibrations, as if something monstrous was burrowing through the ground. As the rumbling went on, the floor started to crack right below where Lupin was now sitting. Quickly, that crack grew into a wide fissure, causing Lupin to fall right in.

Startled, Yamiko clambered over to the crack in the earth, peering over the edge, calling after Lupin who was still falling. As far as she could see, the opening did not seem to have a bottom. She reached out to him, her fingers sprouting black tentacles similarly to when she did so back in her car. But though she tried to extend them as far as she could, Lupin was falling too fast, and before long he had vanished into the abyss completely.
"Lupin? Can you hear me? LUPIN!"
She tried to shout, but it was no use.

Just then, the rumbling stopped and the fissure closed up, clamping right onto Yamiko's outstretched arm. Yamiko let out a shriek as the ground resealed itself, leaving her arm stuck in the floor. Panicking, Yamiko struggled to wriggle her arm out of the hole, but given the force of the closing, it was in all likelihood broken anyway. Or not... for at that point her arm started to feel like goo. In fact, it pretty much was goo. Goo which seeped its way out of the hole with ease. Yamiko sat there stymied as the hole closed up as well, and as her arm regained its normal shape, a little sore perhaps, but otherwise unscathed. Meanwhile, she saw the bathroom door open and Merlin emerge from it.

"Yamiko!" Merlin called as he made his way towards her. "Are you all r... where's Lupin?" He was looking around, but didn't see him anywhere.

"He disappeared..." Yamiko said to him, still shocked as to how it all happened. "...Right through the ground, in fact. I have no idea where he could've gone..."

Merlin looked just as shocked as she was. "Oh my! You could very well be right, I definitely still feel his presence here." And with that, he crouched down and pressed his ear to the floor, as if listening for a sign of him. "...Well, there is still rumbling down there, but it is very faint. He must be very deep underground. I wouldn't be surprised if he had fallen straight into the underworld..." He sat up again. "...The world is disappearing around us, it seems. I just heard on the news that an intersection near the uni has completely vanished, leaving a blanket of strange yellow dust. You must have driven right by there, I imagine..."

Yamiko was barely listening to what Merlin was saying toward the end. Hastur was calling to her, softly, like a mother calling to her baby, but eerily, like a malicious spirit leading an innocent soul astray.
"You had your chance, child of darkness. You had one of our victims right in your grasp, yet you blindly held on to him out of what, love? Child, love does not exist. It is but an illusion created in an attempt to escape the inevitable suffering humanity is doomed to endure. Each soul is but a star in the sky, a faint glimmer in a vast expanse of nothingness."

"...Love exists..."
Yamiko thought back to Hastur, though her words seemed lost in the void itself. "...All my life, many times, I've been desperately wishing to experience it, and to learn... how to give it..."

"That is enough."
Hastur's words were harsh, so much that it gave Yamiko a sharp headache. She began to feel a little cold as well. "You have made a pact with me. You have promised to carry out my goal. It is a pity I cannot destroy you right here, make you vanish into dust just like everything else in this world. However..."

All around her, everything seemed to grow darker. Yamiko began to feel very light-headed, and the air seemed thicker than usual such that it was harder to breathe. She was in the middle of a swirling black vortex, dark winds whipping around her switfly yet silently, flowing with almost a certain beauty to them. It was almost... refreshing.

Meanwhile, Merlin simply saw Yamiko faint. But not in the usual sense. She seemed to still be conscious, but staring off as into another dimension altogether.
"Good heavens..." he muttered as he gazed at her. "This is a curse if ever I witnessed one."
Without hesitation, he darted into the modified study that was the ritual room of the house, heading right for the altar he had just put all the items from before upon. He rummaged through the items upon it (some of them had fallen on the floor in the earthquake), but still didn't find what he was looking for.
"The crystal... Where is that cursed crystal? The crystal is gone!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Somewhere far underground

Meanwhile, Lupin found himself grasping something large and furry. And there was rumbling all around him. Though he could not see anything, he knew that the large and furry thing was Tsathoggua, who seemed to be rapidly burrowing through the ground.

"Oh, I see you are awake," Tsathoggua spoke to him amidst the digging. "Here, you forgot this. You stole it, it's yours, right?"

Lupin caught it, and it glowed... like there was fire inside it. Just like what Sabrina had mentioned. He didn't exactly want it now, but he figured nothing more could happen if he cut himself on it again, so why not?
"Where are we going?" he asked Tsathoggua.

But Tsathoggua didn't answer. Instead, after a while, he vanished, though the tunnel continued to dig itself and Lupin was just flying through it as it formed. From what he could tell, he was in fact very deep underground, at least a mile or so. Yet for some reason, he wasn't collapsing from the pressure. It was very weird, very surreal. But it didn't last long. After a while, he could feel the tunnel ascending...

At last, he leapt out and landed on solid ground. And immediately he flinched. The sun was beating right down on him, and it stung, not only in his eyes, but also causing a burning sensation all over his body. Shutting his eyes tight, he withdrew a black compact umbrella from his pocket, unfolding it over him as he crouched down. Also taking out a pair of sunglasses and putting them on, he decided to slowly stand up and take a look around, glad that the sunlight didn't cause any permanent damage like it would the stereotypical Hollywood vampire. (Or cause him to sparkle, for that matter.)

Strangely, there was no sign of the tunnel he had emerged from. It was as if it magically vanished into the ground... But to his dismay, the dirt that had collected on his hair and coat did not. He spent the next few minutes brushing off the dirt, and looking around some more. He appeared to be in a cemetery, thankfully an empty one, because for all he knew, any onlookers would think he was a graverobber or something. Glancing at the tombstone nearest him, he saw that it read "H.P. Lovecraft".

H.P. Lovecraft? Lupin thought. Wasn't he the one who wrote a book about Cthulhu? I think I've heard of him before... maybe... Huh. This is oddly appropriate.

To avoid suspicion, Lupin started walking towards the street in the distance. Maybe then he could find out exactly where he was and what was going on too.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
(Okay, so we make our way over there. You cna start with the bus and such if you want, but we have to get there sooner, so your powers should began manifesting themselves
Diego Vendrix
10:00 AM ET

Diego had gotten Sabrina's mental confirmation before he felt it. It was pressure. It was as if the air around them had grown thick and made it hard to breathe. Diego managed to catch himself as he felt a mild moment of abject terror. He realized the source of this malevolence was coming from Halt.

Or rather, Yig.

"YOUR INSOLENCE IS ABSOLUTLY DISPICABLE, WORM" Yig snarled agaisnt Diego, sending waves of revolusion and fury at Diego.

Diego caught himself as he saw Halt losing it.

"Stop it Yig! Stop it! It hurts! You're scaring me!" Halt pleaded and screamed at the god. He shook more, tears going down his face. "Stop it! Let him stop, let him try to help me! Stop being my mother!!"

Diego felt righteous fury and prepared himself to scream at Yig. But he was a very emotional person. His emotion, his will, his knowledge all went hand in hand with his madness... this made it easier for Cthulhu to learn about the power of human will and emotion. And he had come to understand humans through the observance in the dreamscape.

He felt his keeper's moral outrage and he too felt it.

"ENOUGH!!!"

Diego's eyes widened as a large breeze carried a deathly tone and the people around grew afraid.

Cthulhu released a bulk of his almighty power and the people panicked as madness descended the area. The mightiest of the Great Old Ones glared at his friend with disappointment, moral outrage and unbridled fury.

"REMEMBER YOUR PLACE! REMEMBER WHO I AM! I AM THE MIGHTY CTHULHU. HIGH PRIEST OF THE GREAT OLD ONES! GUARDIAN OF THE ELDER GODS! MY POWER KNOWS NO LIMIT! MY WILL KNOWS NO BOUNDS! REMEMBER YOUR PLACE, SERPENT PATRIARCH! MY WILL IS THAT OF WHO YOU INSULTED!

THE MORE FEAR YOU PLACE INTO THE HATCHLING, THE MORE AGONY YOU WILL RECEIVE! BE WISE, OLD FRIEND AND LET NOT YOUR PRIDE BLIND YOU TO THE TRUE MADNESS AND SHAPER OF THIS WORLD!"

Cthulhu raged with his ancient and powerful voice as he chastised his friend for his behavior and attitude. Fortunately, Diego's kindness served to distract Halt so he would not have to be frightened.

Diego patted Halt's hair so the baldspots wouldn't be seen and smiled as he took the hand. By this point, everyone was insane and most were either unconscious from shock or losing their minds and felt the urge to kneel to hot-blooded madness.

Diego let out a breath as he bent over and felt some pain.

"ARRRRRRRRGHHH!"

Two massive and powerful green wings emerged from Diego's back. Diego thought and they flapped.

"We can go by flying," Diego said as he offered to Halt with a smile. Unbeknownst, there was a hazy field around the boys and around the others. The manifestations of power were emitting the field of reality manipulation, a result of becoming demi-gods.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(I never intended for her to actually get on a bus, I thought you got that.)

Sabrina Carter

The bus depot was a creepy, full of strange strangers and unpleasant smells. Sabrina made her way over to the ticket queue. She glanced up at the prices on the board, yeah, what made her think she could afford this? After tuition, her loan and the bit her parents pitched in was budgeted for books, food, and school supplies; so that there wasn’t much left.

Sabrina left the line, and sat down on one of the numerous wooden waiting benches. The varnish was peeling and the seat wasn’t that comfortable. She had to rethink this thing. How was she going to get to Rhode Island?

Mordiggian’s pressure was intense. Frustrated she rested her head in her hands.

To the people around her, something that seemed most terrifying happened. She was enveloped in a misty blackness and a something like a black hole opened up around her. Then she was gone, no trace left, not even her bag.

Sabrina felt extremely strange. Mordiggian’s presence softened. She opened her eyes. She wasn’t in the bus depot anymore, she was on a bench outside, in a city she didn’t recognize. This was strange, unusual, wrong?

She got up, and looking nervously around located a old looking building with signage declaring it to be the Providence Public Library.

“I- I’m here?” she murmured. Sabrina dashed up the library steps. She need to know more about Mordiggian, and Cthulhu… and that other one, what’s his name, the big mole thing possessing Lupin.

No one so much as glanced her way when she entered the library lobby, of course not, they had no idea what she was harboring. She made her was over the search station. Vaguely she remembered a time when libraries used call cards, now the cards were being used as scratch paper.

She typed in MORDIGGIAN

Not a lot came up, some Clark Ashton Smith collections; like THE ELDRITCH DARK

She scrawled down a call number on a call card scrap, then typed in CTHULHU

A whole lot of titles came up, the first of which was THE COMPLETE WORKS OF H. P. LOVECRAFT

She added a couple of call numbers to her list. So far so good. She stuffed the paper in her pocket and went to consult a map of the library for where the sections were located. It was then that she realized she’d yet to tell Diego.

“Hey Diego! I’m in Providence. I have no idea how I got here! But I’m going to look up some information here at the local library.”

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Gao
University Square, Atlanta, Georgia
10:00 am EST

"ENOUGH!!!"

Diego's eyes widened as a large breeze carried a deathly tone and the people around grew afraid.

Cthulhu released a bulk of his almighty power and the people panicked as madness descended the area. The mightiest of the Great Old Ones glared at his friend with disappointment, moral outrage and unbridled fury.

"REMEMBER YOUR PLACE! REMEMBER WHO I AM! I AM THE MIGHTY CTHULHU. HIGH PRIEST OF THE GREAT OLD ONES! GUARDIAN OF THE ELDER GODS! MY POWER KNOWS NO LIMIT! MY WILL KNOWS NO BOUNDS! REMEMBER YOUR PLACE, SERPENT PATRIARCH! MY WILL IS THAT OF WHO YOU INSULTED!

THE MORE FEAR YOU PLACE INTO THE HATCHLING, THE MORE AGONY YOU WILL RECEIVE! BE WISE, OLD FRIEND AND LET NOT YOUR PRIDE BLIND YOU TO THE TRUE MADNESS AND SHAPER OF THIS WORLD!"

Cthulhu raged with his ancient and powerful voice as he chastised his friend for his behavior and attitude. Fortunately, Diego's kindness served to distract Halt so he would not have to be frightened.

Halt shook in his shoes as he felt the rage build in Yig. His throat tightened again, being constriced by the scales around his chin, but that was the furthest the serpent went. Halt gulped in fear, before seeing the wings jut out from Diego's back. He would be impressed, if a serpent god wasn't renting out his brain. He gulped again, trying to get a good breath of air. It wasn't going to happen, so he consighend and sighed. Star purred, and he picked her up. "I know little one. We still need to travel" he cooed softly, before seeing Diego's backpack. He snatched it off him, completely forgetting manors, and took off his sweatshirt. His arms were exposed though, showing recent long dark red scratches down both sides of his forearm. Yig gave a hiss, causing Halt to flinch.

Hatchling...you're a pathetic excuse for a son to me Yig said in a private growling tone to Halt. Halt looked down, and resumed lining the backpack with his sweatshirt. He picked up the little Star, and placed her carefully into the bag. She mewed, before Halt zipped the bag close, and held it close to his chest.

"S-so...should we go now...bro?" he asked timidly.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Yamiko Murakage
A house near Oxford University, 3:00 PM The Void, ??:??
"Endarkenment"

The silent dark vortex continued enveloping Yamiko, seeming to dance around her. Yamiko felt calm in this space, yet not quite happy. Not quite sad either. It was as if she was devoid of any feeling. And before long, it had enveloped her completely, making everything around her vanish into the darkness.

The next thing she knew, she was floating in space - a truly empty space, devoid even of stars in the distance. Except for one: a black hole, recognised by the cloud of light yellow dust swirling around the center point which was continually absorbing it. Everything moved into this black hole. On occasion, Yamiko would see some other image flicker to life beside her, a dim and transparent image depicting something meaningful, something Yamiko recognised in real life. Simple things like flowers and bicycles. Complex human acts like war and celebration. Everything. But these images stayed but for a short while; soon they too got drawn away into the black hole, disintegrating into the sirling yellow dust along the way.

After a while, more dynamic images came into view, many of which were memories. Good memories. Like when she performed a ballet dance in her school's talent show. Or when her father taught her one of his magic tricks after he retired. Or the times when she and Lupin (then merely called Edwin) interacted in their childhood, and that fateful night years later when they met again. During the last one a tinge of worry crept up inside of her, as she was still wondering where that hole he had fallen into led, but that quickly vanished, along with everything else.

In the myriad of images that came up to be subsequently destroyed by the black hole, another image came up, though much clearer than the others, enough to immerse Yamiko in it. She was now standing just outside that house that kept showing up in her nightmares. The house of Celia, the great-grandmother who was to blame for the curse Yamiko had lived under all her life. This time she was standing face-to-face with the ghostly old woman, who seemed to be eyeing her with a look of slight despair.

"Well go on." It was the voice of Hastur again. Yamiko knew what he was referring to the instant he said it. And for a moment she was surprised. Was it really this easy? Incredulous, she gazed at Celia, thinking for a brief moment about her curse's supposed influence on her. Strangely, it didn't seem to bother her as much anymore. It was... insignificant.

All at once, everything around her vanished into a cloud of light yellow dust. Even the house. Even Celia herself. The image faded, and the dust trickled into the black hole like everything else. For what seemed like a very long time, Yamiko gazed at this black hole, which seemed much closer to her now. She didn't feel much of anything. However, she dd realise something.

So then that's how it is. The way to truly banish misfortune is to simply render it meaningless. Such is the power of the void, which ultimately sucks everything into it, so that all that's left is a calm emptiness. Souls may struggle to survive in this void, but ultimately they too must succumb to it. Chaos... the natural order of the world.

And just then, Yamiko felt herself being thrust forward, so sharply that her body was stretching into the centre of the black hole. And then it stopped as quickly as it started, at last, with absolutely nothing left around her. Not even she was there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edwin "Lupin" Tasselbury
Cemetery, Providence, Rhose Island - 10:00 AM
"Jumping on the Buswagon"

It didn't take Lupin a long time to figure out that he was not in England anymore. Especially when he reached the street running alongside the cemetery and saw all the cars driving on the right side of the road. Clearly he was somewhere in the northeastern US, judging by all the license plates from mostly Rhode Island and states bordering it. Curious, he decided to take out his phone and see if it could pinpoint his location. But he soon discovered that he didn't have any cell phone service out here. Now that was just great.

"Fear not," spoke the rumbling yet quirky voice of Tsathoggua. "You are in fact in Providence, Rhode Island, the birthplace and deathplace of prophet H.P. Lovecraft. Eh, he's not really a prophet. I just like calling him that. Also, you should catch the next #43 bus."

Conveniently, there was a bus stop right next to where Lupin was standing. At first Lupin was confused - if the goal of this really was to meet the others, why didn't he just instantly arrive at the place where they all were? But at least this way, he had time to think about things. Mostly, what was going on with Yamiko. Once in a while he glanced around half-hoping she'd be there, but she never showed up. And it was odd indeed. She had definitely interacted with one of those crystals, and it was the same type of crystal as the one Lupin had accidentally cut himself on. And now he was interacting with the others, all except for Yamiko it seemed. What was so special about Yamiko? Maybe her crystal was different after all?

After minutes Lupin lost count of, he spotted a bus coming his way. It was #43, exactly the one ne needed. But then he spotted a problem, just as the bus was pulling in to the stop. He didn't have any fare for the bus. He highly doubted, after all, that the driver would accept foreign cash. Cursing silently, he tried to think of another way he might get to wherever Tsathoggua wanted him to go (perhaps another tunnel?). But as he watched a guy on the bus get up to leave and stash his wallet in his back pocket, he had an idea.

Holding his umbrella over him as always to shield himself from the sunlight, he began walking towards the entrance to the bus, waiting right next to it. Then, as the departing passenger stepped off the bus, two things happened at once. With his left hand, Lupin refolded his umbrella. With his right, he slipped the guy's wallet right out of his pocket. And then he got on the bus as if nothing had happened. Tentatively he withdrew a couple of dollar bills from the wallet; as he did so, he heard the driver chuckle.

"Expecting rain today?" he joked, pointing at the umbrella Lupin was putting away.

"I expect it to be pouring sunshine," Lupin remarked, not sounding too enthusiastic. "So... how much is the fare again?"

After Lupin took his seat on the bus, he took a few moments to transfer the money in the wallet he had just stolen into a free pocket in his coat. As he did so, he also realised that thanks to time zone differences, it was now ten in the morning rather than three in the afternoon. Great. That meant he would have to wait even longer now before the sun sets and he could stop having to hide behind an umbrella and sunglasses.

"So where will I be getting off this bus?" Lupin asked Tsathoggua.

"Eh, don't worry, I'll tell you when to get off. Just a little test of your trust in me, hm?"

Lupin merely shrugged in reply. Besides, although he had just woken up an hour or so ago, he was still feeling quite tired. Then again, he almost always felt a little drowsy in the daytime. Especially since touching Tsathoggua's crystal. He could only hope that the meeting with the others would be brief so he could either go back home or get some rest somewhere until dusk fell.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
(All right, we're halfway there to meet :3)

Diego Vendrix

Diego nodded as he looked at Halt and smiled. "Everything will be all right, okay?" Diego said as he reassured his bro. He put his arms around him tight. Diego raised his eyebrow as tentacles emerged from near his arms and wrapped themselves around Halt to reinforce his safety.

By now, Diego had learned not to question these matters.

Before he took off, he checked on the others.

Sabrina had somehow managed to teleport there. No surprise considering it was Mordiggian who she was linked to.

Little Halty was here along with the ungrateful grump Yig.

Diego shivered as he felt Hastur was breaking Yamiko. Once they finish the meeting and head over to Europe to deal with the Old One there, they will have to confront Hastur.

Lupin Tasslebury was on his way via bus. Diego made sure Halt was safe for the ride and they flew up. Their reality-alternating fields allowed them to be viewed as either a mirage, invisible or a product of brief insanity.

They were on their way to the home of Lovecraft.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sabrina Carter
Rhode Island, Providence, Providence Public Library.
10:10-? AM ET

Sabrina balance on her toes and pulled a book off second to top shelf, it was well worn, but not that old, The Complete Works of H. P. Lovecraft. This would be a good starting place. She crept around, pulling a couple other books off nearby shelves, then carried these all to a reading table. A middle aged guy who was already seated on the other side looked up at her briefly, then returned to his magazine.

She pulled her notebook and a pen out of her bag and set these on the table next to her pile of books.

Sabrina opened The Complete Works of H. P. Lovecraft, checked the contents page and flipped forward to The Call of the Cthulhu. Mordiggian was bored, she could feel it as she stared at the page trying to take in words, despite his presence. Because of his presence, actually, but he was making it hard to concentrate.

She tapped her pen on her notebook, wondering what she’d though she was going to write down… Dates? Locations? Out of context they were pretty much useless, she’d better read a bit more before writing anything.

Meanwhile a cold chill seemed to sweep through the library, causing people to put on their sweaters and coats… if they had them. Considering the nice weather, most people didn’t, and a some of them got up to leave, or complain to the librarians, including the guy across from Sabrina.

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Gao
University Square, with Diego
10:00 am

Diego nodded as he looked at Halt and smiled. "Everything will be all right, okay?" Diego said as he reassured his bro. He put his arms around him tight. Diego raised his eyebrow as tentacles emerged from near his arms and wrapped themselves around Halt to reinforce his safety. Halt eeped out of fear from the tenticles, and wraps his arms around his big brother tight, holding on for dear life. The small bundle and safety of his sweatshirt was gone, and he couldn't have felt more naked.

The cold air brushed along his bare arms, and he found himself scracth almost as reflex. it started out sort of burning, but then it started to hurt more. He wimpere slightly, as new scars began to form on ontop of the current ones. The blood caked his nails slightly.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: Since I still don't know where exactly in Providence we're meeting, I'll just post with Yamiko for now. And Merlin, the mostly unimportant NPC who thinks he knows so much about the paranormal.
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yamiko Murakage
A house near Oxford University, UK
3:00 PM

"Now Yamiko, just stay there... I'll get you out of this..." Merlin sounded a little bit panicky, but it was not like him to panic so much that he completely lost his mind. Or, one might say he lost his mind long ago, and it was up in the clouds all the time. He got up and headed back into the ritual room, gathering a pocket mirror, a black cloth, a black cord, a piece of paper, and a black candle. With a brief bow to a small shrine in the corner of the room, he exited through the curtain of strung purple beads and velvet drapes behind them.

By the time he got to Yamiko, she seemed to be back to normal. She was sitting upright on the floor, gazing down at it with a melancholic expression on her face. Yes, for her that is normal. Calmly and confidently, Merlin sank down into a sitting position beside her, pulling out the tails of his purple coat so that he wasn't sitting on them. With a ring-clad finger, he reached out to her and perked her chin up.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her, in a soft and comforting manner.

Yamiko blinked, and there seemed to be something distant about her gaze, something as vast as the sea--and it didn't help that her eyes were a dark blue to match that.
"...Okay," she replied back. Then she lifted her head off of Merlin's finger, slumping backward a bit and drooping her head down further, to the point where her eyes were hidden by the brim of her hat.
"It's just that... ever since I interacted with that crystal, I've felt more and more as if this whole world we live in is mere dust. That the world is too... colourful, you might say."

"Hmm, even me?" Merlin joked, lifting Yamiko's hat off of her head. "Would you say, perhaps, that I am mere dust as well?"

Had Yamiko the capacity to smile, she would have cracked a smirk just now--but she didn't. Instead she looked up at Merlin, for he was right. Not more than a second later, everything around her disappeared in a flash of dull yellow. The entire house, and everything in it, had been turned to that empty, sorrowful yellow dust. That dust now formed a blanket over that spot on the block, except for a rectangular hole in the middle where the basement was. Yamiko sat right at the edge of this hole, buried in a couple of feet of the dust, her hat back on her head but with the brim filled with the stuff. She sat there for a minute, closing her eyes, moving her hands about through the dust. The dust was very light; her arms eased through it as if it were cloud.

Without another word, sound, or motion, she rose to her feet, walking away from the empty lot and along that street. As she walked along, she extended a hand outward. When that hand passed by the next house on the block, that house turned to dust. When it passed by the house after that, that one turned to dust. And the one after that. And so on...

Until she destroyed the last house on the block and came to a corner. Before she could turn the corner and continue the work of Hastur, she came face-to-face with a little boy on a tricycle, a baseball bat in his hand. When he saw Yamiko, he sat there aghast.
"My house!" he cried. "What did you do to my house!? You'll pay for this!"
And he jumped off the tricycle seat and swung the bat as hard as he could at Yamiko. Yamiko didn't even flinch as the bat made a large dent in her arm and the whole side of her body. For seconds later, her body morphed back to its original shape, as if nothing had happened.
"Aaaahh!" the boy cried. "You're a monster!"

Without any verbal retaliation, Yamiko sprouted a black tentacle out of her extended index finger, which wrapped around the boy's neck and strangled him. And then she made his corpse, and the tricycle he had been riding upon, vanish. All pointless fools who don't deserve to walk upon this earth. All mere dreams of a forsaken God. All nothing.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Providence, Rhode Island
10:30 AM ET

Diego picks up Halt and jumps. Diego feel his wings flap as they begin hovering. However, he also noticed he has a thin veil of what appears to be energy around him and Harry. He sees the air shimmer and distort around them, but only so ever slightly.

Diego then soars through the sky. Diego smiled and laughed as he soared through the air and headed north. This was perhaps one of the most liberating experiences he had. He could now go anywhere he wanted. No cars. No gas. No boats. No planes. No sweat.

It was only a half hour before they ended up in Providence. They landed somewhere private. The flight was smooth and actually mildly soothing.

"It's okay brobro," Diego says before he noticed the marks on his arms and goes to a nearby drugstore to buy some bandaids for Harry and also ask for directions to the library.

"So, the others should be soon. How are you doing?"

((Everyone make your way to town except for Yamiko. Also, have Yamiko still trying to resist. She can't break completely otherwise she'd be permagone))

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: Yay, this RPG lives! Huh, Hastur can't fully take over yet, eh? Well, fortunately, I have an idea for how Yamiko can come out of it... for now.
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edwin "Lupin" Tasselbury
Providence, Rhode Island, On the #43 Bus, 10:10 AM

Once Lupin was finished taking the money out of the wallet he had just stolen, he dropped the wallet on the floor beside him, for it was no use holding onto it anymore. Meanwhile, the bus continued along the streets of Providence. After it passed the cemetery, it went along on a narrow road running alongside a field of mustard flowers. The flowers were so thick that it looked as if a blanket of yellow dust was covering the field.

But seeing this reminded him of what he and Merlin saw on the news that day. Specifically, the reports of people and buildings vanishing into piles of yellow dust. Some of it right near their home. Come to think of it, Yamiko was still there, wasn't she? As Lupin gazed out the bus window and watched those little yellow flowers pass by, he hoped beyond all hope that Yamiko would not also turn into dust. He remembered their brief meeting at his place that day, and how distressed she seemed. And for a while he wondered why. Did it have something to do with the yellow dust incident? Or whatever Great Old One she had made that pact with? Yamiko was not usually the kind of person to panic when a local catastrophe strikes, so he doubted it had to do with the yellow dust - unless she had discovered that her foster mothers or someone had vanished because of it. Still, he wished there was some way he could check on her and see if she was all right...

Actually, there was a way. He still had his phone on him, and she probably still had hers. With that, he took out his phone, and called her... Almost immediately, he got some sort of automated message about international calls, but that was the least of his concerns. And then there was a pause... and after a while a message popped up on the screen saying the call failed. Grumbling, he tried calling again... and got the same thing. A third time... also the same thing. He seemed to be getting reception here, so this puzzled him. Maybe if he tried a fourth time?

"You know," the quirky and squeaky voice of Tsathoggua spoke, "it would just be a waste of money trying to make all those calls. In fact, I seem to detect something strange blocking the signal. Eh, what do I know. Don't listen to me. No wait, DO listen to me every other time, but not this time. Oh, and by the way, get off at the next stop."

Giving up, Lupin decided it was probably best to just follow Tsathoggua's advice for now, though that worry about Yamiko would still linger in his mind. As he stood up and walked over to the front of the bus, he noticed that the bus was pulling up in front of a library. Was this where he was to meet up with the others? Though he had to admit, that did seem appropriate, for there might be some information there about the Great Old Ones.

Once outside, he had to take out his umbrella again, for it was still sunny. At least he was thankful that the "Afflicted Ones" would be meeting indoors. And in a nice quiet place, no less. And he put the umbrella away again as soon as he got in the shade of the building, and took off his sunglasses as well, revealing his regular glasses underneath. After he did, he thought about pulling out his phone again for another attempt at calling Yamiko, but after some hesitation, he decided to just let it be. If anything, hopefully Yamiko would notice the missed calls from him and call back. Just in case, he switched the phone to vibrate, for he knew that ringing phones were frowned upon in a library.

The first thing Lupin noticed upon entering the library was the smell of freshly roasted coffee, issuing from a cafe off in a corner of the building. But there was no sign of Diego or Sabrina anywhere in there, from what he could tell. So he decided to investigate the library itself, glancing around at all the faces buried in books or glued to computer screens. This place was much quieter than the lobby and the cafe (especially around the stacks), so he took care to be quiet himself. Which he found rather easy, since he had always been good at quietly sneaking around in places. It was kind of essential for his occupation. But another thing he noticed was that it was quite cold in there. Had someone turned up the air conditioner too high by mistake? Although he was already wearing a coat, he couldn't help but shiver a little, especially given the lack of natural insulation on his body.

Anyway, after some looking, he finally spotted a familiar-looking ginger girl in a sleeveless purple trenchcoat. She was currently looking at a book, and taking down some notes alongside it, so it seemed. Yup, that looked like Sabrina. Her appearance was far too unique for her to have been a look-alike. However, he wasn't sure if she would recognise him, for the last time they had a telepathic conversation, he was in wolf form. A telepathic conversation... that was it. Directing his gaze right at Sabrina and walking up to her, he sent a telepathic message to her:

Sabrina? It's me, Lupin. I'm right here.

Once he saw or heard Sabrina react to the message, he got closer, eventually taking a seat opposite her at the table.
"Hmm, what kind of book do you have there?" he asked in a voice almost as low as a whisper. Which was easy for him, since he was used to speaking rather quietly all the time anyway. As he asked this, he placed his arms on the table and leaned forward, getting a look at the book. He caught the name Cthulhu on one of the pages. And another thing he caught was a few specks of dirt on the sleeve of his coat that he had missed earlier.
"Well, I hope you got here in a smoother fashion than I did," he added matter-of-factly, as he brushed the annoying specks of dirt off and hoped he had really gotten them all by now. "Tsathoggua ended up dragging me through a tunnel running beneath the entire bloody Atlantic Ocean, and then I had no acceptable fare for the bus."

He was still keeping his voice very low, for this was a library after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yamiko Murakage
Near Oxford University, UK, 3:10 PM

Once Yamiko was done destroying most of the houses on the block, including Lupin and Merlin's place, she looked out across the street, where she could see the university through a gap in some buildings. As she crossed this street, she had a thought about reducing it to dust along with everything else. By now, police cars were headed in the direction of the intersection Yamiko had wiped out earlier, and there were far fewer excited rugby fans roaming about near the university. By now the game could have been cancelled, or so she hoped.

But after she crossed the street, something caught her eye: a flyer on the streetpost, which was advertising a play a local primary school was putting on this evening. A retelling of the tale of King Arthur, by the looks of it. And a thought occurred to her...
Merlin...
Turning around, she looked back at the street on which lived the flamboyant young man who nicknamed himself after that legendary wizard. The place where the house had once been was now a pile of yellow dust, along with half the houses on the block. For several moments she stared at this empty lot, frozen in her spot, breathing in shallow gasps.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" she shrieked all of a sudden, dropping down to her knees and finally sitting on her feet below, her head buried in her hands. "How could... how could this... What have... what have I done?" Her voice had reduced to a nearly-inaudible murmur by now... but not for long.
"HASTUR!!!"

Yamiko turned around to face the streetpost again. This time, she grasped it with both hands, then started banging her head against it.
"Get out!" she shouted in between bangs. "Get out of my head! Out! OUT!"
Her face red with fury and her eyes filled with tears, she sank back down to the floor, feeling dizzy and disoriented from all the head-banging. Though it was hidden by her hat, she had actually made a pretty big dent in her head from the impact, which straightened itself right back out when she stopped.

"That's just great..." she muttered to herself, her voice trembling. "Just great... I just destroyed Merlin and his house--which is also Lupin's! Lupin won't like this at all... Ohh, why'd I listen to Hastur in the first place? He's even worse than Celia!"
Indeed, her long-deceased great-grandmother now seemed like a joke compared to Hastur. At least Celia didn't give her destructive powers and try to control her mind.

Yamiko desperately wanted to burst into tears at that point... but there were still people wandering around, and she didn't want make a nuisance of herself. So she reached into her purse and took out a tissue (she had made a habit of always keeping a packet of them on hand, given how easy it usually was to make her cry), wiping her face with it as she stood back up. As she walked along the street, she felt drained, and in showed in the way she was tottering back and forth as she walked. Her mind was in a fog, and she felt cold, although the weather wasn't that cold. It felt as though she was coming down with a fever. A fever caused by the infectious disease known as Hastur.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sabrina Carter
Rhode Island, Providence, Providence Public Library.

Sabrina tapped her pen on her notebook absentmindedly, it was covered in marks, but there really wasn’t much for notes. Absorbed in her reading, she didn’t notice that the library had basically cleared out.

‘Sabrina? It's me, Lupin. I'm right here,’ she heard a voice in her head tell her. Sabrina looked up, and around, she didn’t see any wolves, or much of anybody in fact, just a tall pale guy with blonde hair.

He sat down across from her at the table, and leaning to look at the book asked rhetorically, "Hmm, what kind of book do you have there?"

He wasn’t a wolf, but that was defiantly Lupin’s voice and accent. He seemed a little edgy and dusted off his sleeves commenting, “Well, I hope you got here in a smoother fashion than I did. Tsathoggua ended up dragging me through a tunnel running beneath the entire bloody Atlantic Ocean, and then I had no acceptable fare for the bus.”

Sabrina glanced around quickly without turning her head before answering. The place was abandon, it was pretty much safe to talk. She whispered back anyways, “I’m not entirely clear on it myself. One moment I was in Massachusetts, and Mordiggian’s presence got really heavy. I shut my eyes, it felt weird, and when I opened them, I was here... I’ve been trying to do some research while I wait. I haven’t heard from Diego yet.”

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Gao
Rhode Island
10:30 am

Halt, the second he and Diego landed,pulled out his sweatshirt, and threw it on with Star in his arms. She mewed and snuggles into his frail chest as he panted, holding her carefully and tight. "Never...again..." he mumbled, and passed down the bandaids. "N-no....I don't want them....I do this a lot....it'll....heal....slowly...."

You doing this to yourself, is common? rumbled the seemingly calm voice of Yig. Halt flinched a little, simply from reflex, but felt that, it wasn't horendus.

"Y-yeah....it's....hard to cope...." Halt admits softly to Yig. Yig remained silently, but the mulling could almost be heard, it was plapable. Halt left the store, and suddenly, his nose twitched violently. "Eck!" he grabbed the nose, and found it convulsing towards the library. It felt cold, or more...it smelled cold. A sort of iron-ish scent with a feeling of your nose becoming numb. It was slightly fresh smelling as well. Halt pointed to the library, grinning. "Big bro, this way!" He cheered, and starts skating to the library.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Providence, Rhode Island

Diego looked really worried about his bro. "You sure, Halt? That doesn't sound like its a good thing at all," Diego told his new little bro. He then saw Halt's nose twitch before seeing him smile. It made Diego smile back.

"Big bro, this way!" He cheered, and starts skating to the library. Diego smiles as he follows his bro before carefully picking him up and giving him a piggy-ride to the library, making sure Halt and Star are both okay. When they arrived and snuck in, Diego smiled at seeing his other two comrades and greeting Sabrina with a hug.

He noted she was prettier in real life.

"Well, I'm Diego and this is Halt. Looks like most of us are together," Diego told them all.

"It appears that is the case..." A voice said to them in their heads. It was none other than the deep and mighty voice of Cthulhu. They were all together. It was time for explanations...

"We were all nothing more but Great and Powerful beings, in service of the Elder Gods. However, older than history, virtually no race remembered us. It wasn't until those of us sealed in worlds influenced the dreams and thoughts of storycrafters in order to bring back our legend. One of those was your H.P. Lovecraft," Cthulhu explained to them.

"Now... many of us have woken up inside mortal vessels. I am not sure what the purpose is, but perhaps Azathoth feels that it is a time for great change and you are among those who will decide the new world. Your powers grow stronger as you begin able to influence the world around with you. We are here as guides..." Cthulhu continued to talk.

A wind came from the east, causing the library doors to suddenly open. "It is Byatis... his host has apparently died and he has taken over. It is best if all of you head over to Europe and proceed to stop him. Then, we will prepare for Hastur... However, we have ample time and I know your bodies are still not strong enough to survive without nourishment so I suggest you all go and feed yourselves and communicate before heading east," Cthulhu said.

Diego nodded before looking at all of his new friends. "Where do you guys wanna go to eat?" he asked.

((All right, have you and your Old One react to Cthulhu's explanations while also deciding where to go to eat. We'll have a casual lunch before our group heads east their own ways))

Last edited: