• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Pokemon Habits

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
What old pokemon habits did you have ?
For example, in the old days "R/B/Y", when I raise a team, I ALWAYS raised Grass/Water/Fire/Flying pokemon.

So what are yours ?

KaziRede

Eevee Breeder!
I have a tradition of naming every Ho-oh I catch 'Joseph'.

Andrew Lloyd Webber Fans would know why :D

I would also press and hold The "A" button and the down on the D-pad whenever catching a pokemon. This habit came up from a rumor in the RBY days saying when you do that, the pokeball would act like a masterball.

It just became my lucky "chant"

And then one more thing - whenever I get REALLY frustrated on catching pokemon I was battling for the past 15 minutes, I would say darkly "Be mine or die.", hoping it would force the pokemon to think "Hey! If I get caught I won't die!"

Somehow it worked on Kyoger and Rayquaza, 2 times in a row.

Last edited:

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
I have a few.

1. All my skarmorys are named Bli, due to a typo from the old days of Gold and Silver.
2. In GS, I used to hold my breath when throwing a pokeball, thinking that I would give my life to catch that pokemon :rollseyes:

vivalaschickorita

Dragon Knight
habit

i always use dragonite and raichu in my team

Anaya

Synthesis
When I'm playing Diamond, I always, by habit, press the start button on my DS thinking that my menu will come up. xD. I keep thinking that I'm playing Emerald :p. AND THEN when I play Emerald I press the "X" button to get my menu. :p. Haha jeez.​

EMike

Windchime Guy
- Like a lot of noobs, probably, I used to believe the only way to get through a Pokemon game was by raw attack power, and trained a single Pokemon and nobody else to high levels, with nothing but high-damage attacks. At least, even as a kid, I was smart enough to teach that one Pokemon moves that had multiple types. I did this for the most part in the 2nd generation as well, and entirely stopped at the 3rd.

- I used to get all the main games and spin-offs like Crystal even if I didn't actually need them, and even if family members already had them. I didn't do that with Ruby and I'm not planning on doing it with Pearl.

- Legendary Pokemon abuse, but who hasn't?

- I used to give my Pokemon obvious and unintentionally hilarious nicknames like Horny for Nidoking. I still give them nicknames even if I don't plan on using them ever.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
When I'm playing Diamond, I always, by habit, press the start button on my DS thinking that my menu will come up. xD. I keep thinking that I'm playing Emerald :p. AND THEN when I play Emerald I press the "X" button to get my menu. :p. Haha jeez.​
^ lol... you know you can, set the options for start=x (I did that).

Shayden XD

A-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
My habit is that I never use my starter in later parts of the game. In Kanto my most powerful was Butterfree. In Jhoto it was a Furret, my stater was like level 20 when i beat the game. In Hoenn it was Groudon and now its Mismagius

Klaus

TOMATO BERRY!
I would also press and hold The "A" button and the down on the D-pad whenever catching a pokemon. This habit came up from a rumor in the RBY days saying when you do that, the pokeball would act like a masterball.

It just became my lucky "chant"

Me too! I don't know if it works, but I always do it as an unconsious reaction. Also, if it's a legendary, I turn the volume down and close my eyes. I also have a habit of saving every five minutes.

As always, be kind to the mime. ;122;

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
My habit is that I always use an Electric type pokemon in evry game, as it always come in handy to me. I also have the habit of using a Ground type pokemon in my team (mainly Golem) for some odd reason!!!

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
My habit is that I covet my (always fire) starter, and only use it when it has a type advantage, and I'm ****** if it faints. =P

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I use to always start off with the fire starter, and al of its moves were fire type moves. Does that count?

wcgold

I never use my Master Ball. This began during the second generation, and I've held onto Master Balls since.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Whenever I get a Milotic on any GBA or DS game, I often over-level it for some strange reason

Lone--Wanderer

...is a hack.
When I've been trying to catch a Pokemon for awhile, I hold A when the ball appears and then hold B when it closes. Not sure why, but I always do.

abgar

Fufufufu
i used to be an only-water trainer, just because i used to love misty from the anime when i was a little kid

and i like smashing the A button while battling... too