• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Pokemon Habits

Let's see...

I play with my Gameboy upside-down whenever I do the slots because I seem to get better luck xD
I mash the A button when battling
I allways hold A+B+D pad up when I catch a Pokemon. I've done that since GSC and it's helped me catch heaps of Pokemon xD
I allways have a water type on my team, mainly for Surf or HM slaves (not my Ingame team Water type)

Rakurai

I always press and hold B + Right whenever I throw a Poke Ball.

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
- Starter is always my strongest and its always the fire-type.
- I always carry an electric-type (usually Magneton, Jolteon, Manectric, or Luxray)
- I always carry a water-type (usually Lapras, Vaporeon, Sharpedo, or Gastrodon)

FuzzyFriend

Aloha-oh
I have quite a few, actually.

;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;
1. I always have a Pokémon stronger than my Starter.
2. I always press the 'A' or 'B' button multiple times, so I can pass texts.
3. I always classify my Boxes by types.
4. I always turn off the volume and hold down 'A' when I throw a Pokéball.
5. When I encounter a legendary Pokémon, I save.
6. When I save, I always make sure I'm at least sitting at a table, or in bed.
7. When I encounter a gym leader, I save.
8. When I catch a Pokémon, it's sent to the box and I never use it for a while.
;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;;munchlax;

Weird, huh?

Zoshi

Unique
I keep my Pokémon at a good range of levels, with my starter being 2 levels ahead of the others, while the others are all the same level. Happened since G/S/C.

In the R/B/Y and G/S/C days, I only used my starter, until one time I played G/S/C, I decided to try raise more Pokémon, and it worked much better.

abgar

Fufufufu
4. I always turn off the volume and hold down 'A' when I throw a Pokéball.

i do that too, but when im having a hard time, i just turn off the volume and close the eyes, then i try to catch the pokemon with the power of my mind xD

nubinator

Banned
I always seem to press the start button thinking the menu will pop up. And then If i play emerald I press X thinking it'll come up XD

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I always take a couple hours deciding which starter to get, seriously its like midday before I actualy decide.

Ridley

Rawr
Ah, one more for me.

When I first played Blue, I didn't understand why pokemon names were always written in all capital letters. So I'd rename them in lowercase letters...but when it came time for them to evolve, they'd still have their old name! I figured it was too much effort to go to the name changer whenever I evolved a pokemon, so when I played Red, I just left everything as is. However, my trainer name now looked weird when written with lowercase letters. So I've always written my trainer name in all caps ever since.

However, this only applies to portable games. In Colosseum and PBR, I've written my trainer name with lowercase letters. I can't really say why...it's just one of those things.

WhyteMage

I try to have the 6 pokemon on me team as diverse as I can. By this I mean I try to have as many types as I can.

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
Training one pokemon only and leaving the rest I catch alone

scythemantis

Creepy crawly
I always train a Gloom as perfect as a Gloom can conceivably get, and I refuse to evolve one.

I also always use predominately poison types.

I use my favourites when I'm playing and I always must have a female looking pokemon on my team.

I always seem to press the start button thinking the menu will pop up. And then If i play emerald I press X thinking it'll come up XD

That happens to me all the time on Pearl, except I press the X button on Fire Red (because emerald is permanently in my SP for now)

Polygon

I had habit in my RedFire game to make sure every pokemon I caught was female, I also had a habit from when I first started playing pokemon to always name them.

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
I had habit in my RedFire game to make sure every pokemon I caught was female, I also had a habit from when I first started playing pokemon to always name them.

You are just like my sister.

I also have a tendancy to name pokemon that were hard to catch.

When playing story mode I pick one pokemon to train (usually not a starter) and use it untill I cant beat a gym leader. Then I go out and catch a pokemon that can beat that one, and so on.

When I throw a pokeball I hold down + B
When I throw a pokeball I sometimes shut the DS and turn sound off
Sometimes I mash buttons when I throw a pokeball.
Sometimes I yell at the DS when none of these stategies work and Im down to my last pokeball.

In Leaf Green I nicknamed everything. Sometimes just the first thing that popped into my head. This resulted in a nuzleaf named shovel, a duskull (now dusknoir) named Sanity and a Oddish named Weed.
It gets pretty funny when I trade some of these. The screen might say 'You traded your sanity for weed!'
Good times.

I almost never play pokemon with the sound on. I guess its cause I never played with it on during the R/B/Y times when the music was dreadfully ANNOYING.

In Pearl my boxes are organized by Color. Yes color. All the white ones here and all the black ones over there.
God that sounds Racist.
I tried to do it by box and Rarity, but it didnt work out.

I always name my Dewgongs Sherbert, And My Haunters Ebony.

I seem to always have a Psy, Dark, or ghost pokemon with me.
Along with the HM slave :p

aquasuicune

In the hoenn games, I would somehow always get a female ralts caught with a premier ball. In ruby and emerald, they were both quirky.

I have a habit of double saving.