• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Pokemon Habits

laronde

One of my habits is that I keep pressing the A buttn every time I throw a pokeball and that is moves. It started to me when Iwa young and I thought it brought more more luck on catching pokemon.

ALso when battling, whenever I get hit, I hold the right side (opposite direction of where the HP lowers) of he D-Pad and hold B because I honestly thought the B was "Block" back than and that my hit would cover more. Also I press A and hold the D-Pad at the left side (the direction where HP falls) to "ensure" it did more damage.

I keep doing this even though I know it won't do any good. Kinda odd in my opinion.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
I always try and make every pokemon in my pack in a different ball, so i always have to hav epickup pokemon with me so i can get ultra balls and great balls early on in the game.

And ever since box custimisation came in, i would order my boxes from strongest pokemon on the left, and weakest on the right alll the way through the boxes. But now with wifi, i keep a box labeled "originals" which is for all my rares, and a box called "trades" which is their clones. :)

I am also guilty of double saving.

Gryphie

Ever since G/S/C, I have always pressed A + B together when catching a Pokemon. Apparently, that means it works 90% of the time. Not sure which website I read it.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
every game there was wird random pokemon i just put in the day care in lg it was steelix saphire a sceptile emerald shuckle pearl dunsparce just any random pokemon but i do luv my shuckle

Vaij

1. I always choose the Grass starter, even when it would be smarter to start with the Fire one. ;001; ;152; ;252; ;387;
2. I add the game's legendary Pokemon to my permanent team.
3. I like to beat the E4 with just 3 Pokemon.
4. I mash A when trying to catch a Pokemon.

TokyoMewMew

Its Prime Time!
My habit for the games?

1. When I get a new game, instead of trying to catch new Pokemon, I just rush through the game, catching only my favorite Pokemon, and beating the Elite 4 with one Pokemon.
2. Name Pokemon like 'Ginger', 'Pumpkin', or even 'Corn'. XD

Question the Quilava

Holy! Ambush!!!!
1. I Hold A while I'm dealing damage/Hold B when I'm taking damage

2. I save twice in a row... its like I suffer from a short-term memory loss and save again to make sure.

3. Try to have a nice mixture of gender... 3 girls/3boys

Samus

I <3 Lugia's
Every time I get up to the Day Care Center, I always put in a really odd pokemon (like Unown or Weedle) and then never withdraw it until well after beating the game because I expect it to cost to much. That's why right now in Pearl, I have a Lv72 Unown. Didn't cost anywhere near as much as I thought.

Thor's Beard

1. I always have a mix of different types in my team.
2. The pokemon in my team are always the same level as each other.
3. I always nickname the pokemon in my team.
4. I like the pokemon in my team to be in pokeballs.
5. I always have 6 males in my team.
6. I use pokemon that are cool rather than strong.
7. I do the button thing when catching pokemon even though I know that it doesn't work. It just makes me feel better:).
8. I always have a ditto in the day care centre.
9. I have to buy items in multiples of 5.

Quite a few weird habits lol.

Demon-Fox of Darkness

Vocaloid Addict
1: I always chose the water starter cause I love water-types,but sometimes when I replay Ruby or Sapphire I may choose Treeko or Torchic

2: in Blue,G/S/C,R/S,I always used attack moves cause I thought moves like screech were uselsss,but it changed when I played Colosseum

3: When I try to catch a legendary,I hold down eitehr b,a+b,or a when throwing a pokeball,turn off the volume,and look away,but only a 50% chance of actually getting it that way