• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Pokemon Habits

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
What old pokemon habits did you have ?
For example, in the old days "R/B/Y", when I raise a team, I ALWAYS raised Grass/Water/Fire/Flying pokemon.

So what are yours ?

KaziRede

Eevee Breeder!
I have a tradition of naming every Ho-oh I catch 'Joseph'.

Andrew Lloyd Webber Fans would know why :D

I would also press and hold The "A" button and the down on the D-pad whenever catching a pokemon. This habit came up from a rumor in the RBY days saying when you do that, the pokeball would act like a masterball.

It just became my lucky "chant"

And then one more thing - whenever I get REALLY frustrated on catching pokemon I was battling for the past 15 minutes, I would say darkly "Be mine or die.", hoping it would force the pokemon to think "Hey! If I get caught I won't die!"

Somehow it worked on Kyoger and Rayquaza, 2 times in a row.

Last edited:

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
I have a few.

1. All my skarmorys are named Bli, due to a typo from the old days of Gold and Silver.
2. In GS, I used to hold my breath when throwing a pokeball, thinking that I would give my life to catch that pokemon :rollseyes:

vivalaschickorita

Dragon Knight
habit

i always use dragonite and raichu in my team

Anaya

Synthesis
When I'm playing Diamond, I always, by habit, press the start button on my DS thinking that my menu will come up. xD. I keep thinking that I'm playing Emerald :p. AND THEN when I play Emerald I press the "X" button to get my menu. :p. Haha jeez.​

EMike

Windchime Guy
- Like a lot of noobs, probably, I used to believe the only way to get through a Pokemon game was by raw attack power, and trained a single Pokemon and nobody else to high levels, with nothing but high-damage attacks. At least, even as a kid, I was smart enough to teach that one Pokemon moves that had multiple types. I did this for the most part in the 2nd generation as well, and entirely stopped at the 3rd.

- I used to get all the main games and spin-offs like Crystal even if I didn't actually need them, and even if family members already had them. I didn't do that with Ruby and I'm not planning on doing it with Pearl.

- Legendary Pokemon abuse, but who hasn't?

- I used to give my Pokemon obvious and unintentionally hilarious nicknames like Horny for Nidoking. I still give them nicknames even if I don't plan on using them ever.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
When I'm playing Diamond, I always, by habit, press the start button on my DS thinking that my menu will come up. xD. I keep thinking that I'm playing Emerald :p. AND THEN when I play Emerald I press the "X" button to get my menu. :p. Haha jeez.​
^ lol... you know you can, set the options for start=x (I did that).

Shayden XD

A-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
My habit is that I never use my starter in later parts of the game. In Kanto my most powerful was Butterfree. In Jhoto it was a Furret, my stater was like level 20 when i beat the game. In Hoenn it was Groudon and now its Mismagius

Klaus

TOMATO BERRY!
I would also press and hold The "A" button and the down on the D-pad whenever catching a pokemon. This habit came up from a rumor in the RBY days saying when you do that, the pokeball would act like a masterball.

It just became my lucky "chant"

Me too! I don't know if it works, but I always do it as an unconsious reaction. Also, if it's a legendary, I turn the volume down and close my eyes. I also have a habit of saving every five minutes.

As always, be kind to the mime. ;122;

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
My habit is that I always use an Electric type pokemon in evry game, as it always come in handy to me. I also have the habit of using a Ground type pokemon in my team (mainly Golem) for some odd reason!!!

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
My habit is that I covet my (always fire) starter, and only use it when it has a type advantage, and I'm ****** if it faints. =P

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I use to always start off with the fire starter, and al of its moves were fire type moves. Does that count?

wcgold

I never use my Master Ball. This began during the second generation, and I've held onto Master Balls since.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Whenever I get a Milotic on any GBA or DS game, I often over-level it for some strange reason

Lone--Wanderer

...is a hack.
When I've been trying to catch a Pokemon for awhile, I hold A when the ball appears and then hold B when it closes. Not sure why, but I always do.

abgar

Fufufufu
i used to be an only-water trainer, just because i used to love misty from the anime when i was a little kid

and i like smashing the A button while battling... too