• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Rivals, New Tricks (591)

uber gon

Accept Change
haha, i think i would actually start pissing myself laughing. and the fandom would be in an amusing uproar i expect. xD skills for meowth though if that DOES happen, i mean, how many battles has it ever won?

Three. Brock's Onix, a Persian, and Barry's Empoleon.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
The only thing I didn't care for, and this goes for most of the DP Contests besides probably the Gabite and Wallace Cup, is we see the same dudes fight basically. One thing I loved about the AG Contests were each one usually debuted a pretty kick *** dude like Medicham, Dusclops, or Cacturne who really struted their stuff.

Yeah I miss those old days when you'd each time get totally different pokemon being used, e.g. Skitty vs. Jynx at Pacifidlog. Yet I must admit that DP contests are not that bad, and you can take this episode as an example. :)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I like how they were building up Mamoswine's Contest debut in this episode. When Dawn saw Kenny's interesting appeal, she and the others noted how it wasn't an appeal that focused on cute or beauty, but rather showing off strength. It seems to me when Mamoswine gets into Contests it will go that route.

This episode was pne of those which are alot better with subs, as there were some pretty nice character interactions between Dawn and Mamoswine and Dawn and Kenny.

HoennMaster

What were some of the ones between Dawn and Mamoswine?

As much as I love Mamoswine, I'm kind of worried that Dawn might only use it for the battle round. I'd love to see it use an appeal....then again that does mean more ice.

I was completely gobsmacked when Eteboth went down so easily, after Pottaishi landed just one hit on it! But in the episode, there were some very nice visuals, and Manene's Teeter Dance was great fun.
Here's looking forward to some Manmoo Contest time!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Well, that was an enjoyable episode this morning. Glad to see it was pretty much all about Ambipom this week. Especially seeing a few flashbacks with Ambipom with Ash. During the contest part, Jessie did a great job this time competing.

Looks like Mamoswine is taking more interet in contest now. I cant wait to see him in contest. Same for Meowth in the end, sounds like he'll be in one too.

During the final round, between Kenny and Dawn, shame Ambipom didn't win. She did great at first, then she lost in one hit afterwards. Dx Dang, well, it was a nice battle still. So ends it with Kenny winning this time.

Well, a very good episode. Now, we wait for next weeks episode....

Dattebayo

Banned
Kenny got his revenge after Dawn beat him at her second contest entry, now they're even. Seeing Ambipom and Prinplup performing a pokemon ping pong is making me feel like playing Pong. Too bad I don't own the game. I should Machoke or Machamp for my HG team instead of Hitmochan because of Kenny's Machoke and the fact that it reminds me Super Macho Man (the guy on my sig).

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Is it just me, or did Dawn make a huge strategic blunder when she ordered Ambipom to take that hit so he could use Doublehit afterwards? Even without hindsight being 20/20, that seemed like a bad idea, especially when she had been doing well before hand. That one mistake cost her the match. To me, having a pokemon just taking a hit usually sounds like a bad idea unless said pokemon is using Protect, Detect, Endure, (plus any other attacks like those previously mentioned), is only taking a weak or non-effective attack, or is a tank. Still, overall it was a good battle and I liked the episode.

FlameRose

This was cute. <3

-Barry is still hilarious, despite the fact that he hardly did anything. When he told Kenny to "Chill out", was I the only one thinking "Oh, like you have room to talk?"
-Kenny was surprisingly enjoyable in this episode. He's been better, I guess...
-James looks so awesome in that outfit. He needs to wear it more!
-I LOVED Jessie's appeal, it just looks really fun! Dawn's was really pretty as well-I loved the ending. Kenny's..meh.
-Was that an instrumental version of Hikari's Theme I heard in the background of her appeal?
-OK, how did Ambipom beat a Haunter?
-The final battle...meh. It wasn't awful, but it was OK. I semi enjoyed the ping pong part, even though we know what's coming next week.
-Wow, Dawn has really gotten better about losing. She didn't even look that sad! *hugs her*

All in all, enjoyable. If anything, the animation was slightly off today, but it was still decent. Sort of looking forward to next week...

Torpoleon

Enjoyable episode. awn VS Kenny was very epic. Didn't Ambipom only get hit by the Drill Peck that made it faint? Meowth will probably be used in the Suiren Town Contest. Maybe it hates how Jessie is losing a lot.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I was surprised by all the Ambipom foreshadowing in this episode, seeing as we all know what's coming next week. I thought they would do all that for next episode.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Nice episode. I always enjoy the contest episodes. Dawn did okay, but I really wish Ambipom could have won this contest, especially since the next episode is the Ping-Pong one (and we all know whats gonna happen then).

Of course Dawn manages to defeat a Haunter with normal type moves (yes Charizard couldn't hit Dusklops with a fighting type move. Okay). I liked Jesse's appeal and seeing everyone dance was just great. I think if Jesse trained her Seviper more and it got better at battling, she could win some more contest. She does great in th eappeal stages, now all she has to do is learn how to battle better.

And in the end Kenny wins with one hit. Okay then.

8/10

Simply remarkable! (yes I am mimicking Mr. Contesta) Well, now we won't see Kenny till the next round and I'm looking forward to next week, even though I already know what's going to happen. Jun had an enjoyable time just watching the contests and didn't anyone notice Piplup missing his cape? Last but not least, the match with prinplup and amphipom reminded me of that deflect the orb battle from Zelda, only with bubble beams and tail/flippers to deflect it to the other side.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Simply remarkable! (yes I am mimicking Mr. Contesta) Well, now we won't see Kenny till the next round and I'm looking forward to next week, even though I already know what's going to happen. Jun had an enjoyable time just watching the contests and didn't anyone notice Piplup missing his cape? Last but not least, the match with prinplup and amphipom reminded me of that deflect the orb battle from Zelda, only with bubble beams and tail/flippers to deflect it to the other side.

Yeah, I saw Piplup was missing his cape during that one short moment.

But hey, Ambipom and Prinplup playing ping pong bubblebeam style was great!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was ok. Another decent filler IMO. Never was a big fan of contests (both anime and games) so I can't really say much.

milenadrg

Episode was interesting. I liked Jessie's and Kenny's appeals. Battle between Ambipom and Prinplup was cool, too. It's just stupid they didn't used Mamoswine in appeal round, swine deserved more shine... :(

-Lol at Ash, Barry, Empoleon, Pikachu, and Ambipom practicing ping-pong in perfect sync.
-Music I've never heard in the background when Kenny and Dawn are talking. o.o Sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm sure I've never heard it before...
-Ambipom's being used for both rounds, yay. I was getting tired of the Pachirisu/Piplup/Buneary sort of appeal. But then, we know why this is happening... =/
-Mamoswine <3
-Naw, I miss Ash and Aipom and the whole hat-stealing thing :'(
-Mmm, I liked it more when Ash and co sat in the audience and watched, rather than their own special bay. Nobody else gets that. Plus, it just doesn't feel right.
-Oooh, love the music playing at the very beginning of Jessie's appeal. <3 And the music when Mime Jr starts Teeter Dancing xD
-Jessie's appeal was simple and effective. Enough said :3
-Mmm, Kenny's appeal didn't have the "wow" factor. We already know Machoke is strong. =/
-I love the instrumental version of Dawn's Theme used in the appeals <3
-Dawn's appeal was alright, The end was okay, but the first half... meh.
-To be honest, I'm really surprised that Dawn, Kenny, and Jessie made it to the second round. Their appeals were... meh. I've seen them all do alot better =/ Just my opinion, though...
-Would've been nice if Jessie won for once. ._.
-Dawn and Kenny in the finals; didn't see THAT one coming. /sarcasm
-Double Team doesn't seem like the best contest move to me.
-Ambipom's sure using alot of ping-pong moves. -foreboding-
-Bahahaha. It's just ping-pong with Bubblebeam.
-Wow, Kenny won with plenty of time and points. I'm so happy Kenny won against Dawn, and by such a large margin, too.
-Meowth wants to compete in contests? o.o
-Gotta admit, it was obvious Dawn wasn't going to win. I mean, Ash only has 6 badges at the moment and there's still a plethora of episodes to go.
-Dawn's certainly taking losing alot better now. It's nice to see that she accepts she can't win everything...
-Well it seems like Kenny's going to make it to the Grand Festival, at least they're even now.
-Barry seems completely and utterly absorbed by ping-pong. xD

Certainly not my favourite contest episode, but bordering on one of my least favourite. =/
The appeals weren't as good as previous appeals, and the battles were very short.