• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Rumors Die Hard

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Whenever your say SNAP in the DS's mic it will snap your pokemon out of confusion.I tried this 3,000 times,never worked.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
In Ruby/Sapphire: if you put a special pokeblock in one of the most remote pokeblock feeders in the safari zone, that Kyogre would decsend from the sky and you could fight him again

M3rc3r

Oh lord, I remember one from gen I or II, not sure

It consisted in running around a certain gym, a couple hundred times, non-stop, always glued to the wall, and then Mewtwo would appear.

I still dream of the day I'll get those hours back.. Sigh.

(...)but to this day I still press "a" when the pokeball closes and the directional buttons (left d-pad when the pokeball shakes to the left, then right d-pad when it shakes to the right, etc.) when trying to keep the pokemon inside.

Haha, I still do this as well. Wonder if it really works, because it looks like it does, tbh.

EDIT: I forgot which town it was. I thought it was Mahogany BUT, from what I've seen on google (the map), you can't go around it without bumping into a ledge.

Last edited:

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
When Lucario was revealed, I heard a rumor that if you attached a Metal Coat to a Mightyena and traded it about one hundred times, the Mightyena would evolve into Lucario.

Pokénaut

The catch Deoxys in space, and then with it go to the lady next to the white rock in Mosdeep City and get a Jirachi.

Yeah, I heard this a lot when I was younger, supposedly after having several hundred hours logged onto the game you can get on the rocket and go to the moon and there you catch Deoxys.

ECM

In my school, all my friends wanted to catch Pikablue. I cannot remember all the ways to catch it though.

MasterK

Just an empty shell
I grew up living on the rumors of Gen 3. Most notably, Deoxys and Jirachi. Nintendo should have put them in game instead of those stupid EVENT ONLY things. They put in a completely pointless rocket launch which got my hopes up for going into space for Deoxys. Reached 100, got nothing. That white rock associated with wishing was useless, only to be a Jirachi letdown.

[IMG139]http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mew-truck.jpg[/IMG139]
MEW IS UNDER THE TRUCK!!

I rofl at people who believe this.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
In my school, all my friends wanted to catch Pikablue. I cannot remember all the ways to catch it though.

OMG this for grades 2 and 3 for me lol

PokeMasterCait

I think everyone knows about the rumors of Givovanni (sp?) being Ash's Father....in Diamond and Pearl it was false but for years I (along with hundreds of others i'm sure) thought the same.....I kinda liked the idea of him being Ash's father..... :\

Jaguartail

I'm suprised that any of the young people know about gen 1, as it's not sold for ds systems at this point.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I think everyone knows about the rumors of Givovanni (sp?) being Ash's Father....in Diamond and Pearl it was false but for years I (along with hundreds of others i'm sure) thought the same.....I kinda liked the idea of him being Ash's father..... :\

I think the idea for that came from Pokémon Live, where that was the case. In the animé, Ash's dad is apparantly a deadbeat who abandoned his family.

Bariokie

rock dog
That in hg/ss if you catched ho-oh,lugia,zapdos,moltres,articuno and mew they would bundle their powers to make a ball of energy and then you will find all pokemon shiny.how did i fricking believe this...

JSpeed

I remember hearing about these things called Pokegods. My friend and I were online and we came across it. One I remember clear as day was either a black charizard or a charizard fossil. You had to go talk to Bill after you beat the game or something and he'd bring you behind his house and it would be there. I wanted to get it so bad. There were others too but I can't remember.

Zachmac

I remember hearing about these things called Pokegods. My friend and I were online and we came across it. One I remember clear as day was either a black charizard or a charizard fossil. You had to go talk to Bill after you beat the game or something and he'd bring you behind his house and it would be there. I wanted to get it so bad. There were others too but I can't remember.
While Bill has nothing to do with it, black Charizards actually do exist. That's their shiny form.

Hydreigon6507

In Ruby/Sapphire: if you put a special pokeblock in one of the most remote pokeblock feeders in the safari zone, that Kyogre would decsend from the sky and you could fight him again
That has to be one of the most bizarre rumors I have ever heard. O_O
As for my rumor, it would have to be that Deoxys in space one.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Someone tried to tell me that Celebi would appear at the Celestic Town shrine if you hit the Sinnoh Gym Badges in a certain way. Based on how the shrines in Celestic Town and Ilex Forest are designed, I kinda believed him, until Serebii told me otherwise....

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I remember stories of killing Pokemon, and being arrested for doing so.
Plus, all the creepypastas of the Internet. 'Nuff said.