• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Old Rumors Die Hard

iGotNoiPad

Believing that pressing the A,Right,Select,Start Buttons together would help in getting crits, better chance of catching a pokemon and better chance of winner the fight.All I got was a broken Game Boy after 1 year of smashing.

And also believing that hiding in the toilet and being silent would help to catch a legendary.

iGotNoiPad

Now, who would have made up that one ?

Well, I was desperate to catch Rayquaza; so I was accepting whatever advice my friends would give me.This was one of the only ones that seems okay(there was another one which requires me to be naked). After about a year of doing it, I realise my friend was leading me on. I was 8 at that time too.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I have heard quite a few of these (really a toilet), but whatever, quite a few of these I believed when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade (I'm a High School senior now). MewThee, Mewfour. I heard quite a few of them but whatever.

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
I'm just happy that they actually know about the original generation(s). In my experience, all younger children I've come across that play the Pokemon games are quite central to gen 5..

I agree. A kid in the year 3 below mine at school told me he heard me talking about how classic Pokemon (Squirtle, Mewtwo, etc.) are my favourites to my friends and them agreeing with me. He then told me there are no such Pokemon as "Bulbasaur" or "Venomoth" and that I should stop pretending to like Pokemon to get more friends at school, and even if I do, I should stop talking about "fake classics" and say I like real Pokemon like Snivy and Reshiram. *facepalm*

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
if u jump into lava in a volcano ingame, u get a slugma... spent 3 years trying to figure out how to jump lol

Hydreigon6507

if u jump into lava in a volcano ingame, u get a slugma... spent 3 years trying to figure out how to jump lol
Even if that was real, I would not want to try that... O_O Sounds painful (I know you cannot get hurt, but still...).

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I agree. A kid in the year 3 below mine at school told me he heard me talking about how classic Pokemon (Squirtle, Mewtwo, etc.) are my favourites to my friends and them agreeing with me. He then told me there are no such Pokemon as "Bulbasaur" or "Venomoth" and that I should stop pretending to like Pokemon to get more friends at school, and even if I do, I should stop talking about "fake classics" and say I like real Pokemon like Snivy and Reshiram. *facepalm*

Woah ! he had the nerve of saying that ! little twerp ! :)

Lady Umbreon

Wow... *claps slowly* For all the dumb things I've heard kids say I've never had one claim that a real Pokemon was fake. That deserves a prize. I wonder if that kid has ever completed the Pokedex (or if he Game Sharked it complete then didn't bother to read it).

EDIT: Just realized the full implications. This kid said Bulbasaur isn't a real Pokemon. He thinks Pokemon number 001 isn't real.

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!

Wow... never had that happen. That's sad and hilarious at the same time. I have had some of my kids at work ask me who Mewtwo was, but even so they're fairly knowledgeable about older generations and they've never tried to tell me that real Pokemon are fakes.

Bramble

I believed the trick with Mew hiding under the truck in Firered. So I got a friend to trade me a pokemon with cut to leave the ship docked until I got surf, and went back there, and saw the truck. Of course, I only got a Lava Cookie.

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Wow... *claps slowly* For all the dumb things I've heard kids say I've never had one claim that a real Pokemon was fake. That deserves a prize. I wonder if that kid has ever completed the Pokedex (or if he Game Sharked it complete then didn't bother to read it).

EDIT: Just realized the full implications. This kid said Bulbasaur isn't a real Pokemon. He thinks Pokemon number 001 isn't real.

Yeah... :D My reply to him was that he should Google Search Pokémon Red and Blue, and he told me immediately "Those are fakes. Couldn't you tell from the graphics? Only the people who make the REAL games have access to the technology to make the graphics the way they really are. That's why they have bad graphics and honestly, poor attempts at putting fake Pokémon into a game. I mean, "Drowzee" and "Hypno" are just ugly, yellow and disturbing ripoffs of Munna and Musharna. Come on, you really need to do your homework man...".

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
^ That disturbes me. Not only does this kid fail Pokemon history, he fails video game history too. Explain to him about technological advances, show him an original Game Boy, an Atari, or a NES. Cure his blindness!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
^ That disturbes me. Not only does this kid fail Pokemon history, he fails video game history too. Explain to him about technological advances, show him an original Game Boy, an Atari, or a NES. Cure his blindness!

Better yet tell the kid that back then before Pokemon there was only one game, Pong. Also you could actually show him a bulbasaur in your Gen V game, but being as stubborn as he sounds he would most likely accuse you of hacking it in :).

Ausgirl

Yeah I still remember some old rumors. Like Mew being near SS. Anne which I actually tried to find and if you bet the Elite 4 100 times then you could jump over the logs on the other side, I never bothered with that one though.

Espeon EX

On-and-Off User
my sister claims that on a new game just for fun on pokemon red, she did the mew truck thing and it worked but has no proof other than her word. as for me, most of the rumors for getting jirachi in sapphire..

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I used to believe in pressing the A button when the poke ball was in the air would automatically catch pokemon. My brother thinks it works still.