1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Old Type Trainers

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Flash-Sama, Sep 1, 2012.

?

Pokemon game you started in

1. Red/Blue/Yellow

29 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. Gold/Silver/Crystal

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Fire Red/Leaf Green

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Heart Gold/Soul Silver

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Black/White

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flash-Sama

Flash-Sama ...Nonsense

Hey guys this is a thread for 'older type' (trainers who started playing in the good old GB and GBC days)

Name what game you started in and how you got into competitive battling.

EX.-Flash-Sama
    I started in Red and Yellow :) Even though Crystal was amazing!! (Swear i fought trainer Red at least 1000 times)
    Anyways I got into competitive battling because I want to greatly improve my trainer skills..

There you go guys :D

Please add me so we can battle and what not..my FC is in my sig :)

2. I started in RBY, but never did competetive till 5th gen.

3. Flash-Sama

Flash-Sama ...Nonsense

Oh so you started competitive when B/W came out ?

4. I got a cheap copy of Black, and learnt about EV training, pokemon online and stuff, and soon had some good competetive teams made.

5. Ferrin

Ferrin Easily Lost

i started with platinum after watching my friend play and recommend it. training my fire monkey was fun :) he picked piplup

6. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

Started at GSC, and went straight to RSE when they came out

7. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

I started with Ruby. ^_^

8. Flash-Sama

Flash-Sama ...Nonsense

Ahh the good game boy days :)

9. abrar14

abrar14 Statter Master

Started with Yellow :3

Started competitive when b/w came out and i found out about PO

10. cannibaleyes

cannibaleyes Holier Than Thou

I started with Red. I don't do a lot of competitive battling, but I became interested in it in 4th gen., a little after Platinum came out.

11. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I started with Yellow/Blue/Red

12. blue8arman

blue8arman Castform Fanatic

I played since Emerald.

13. Indigoodra

Indigoodra Well-Known Member

i started with XD

what now

14. Fabulous Ampharos

Fabulous Ampharos Pokemon Breeder :3

I started with Pearl. I got into competitive in Black because I wanted to get good at competitive battling and I'm still learning.

15. aloquesada

aloquesada Well-Known Member

Many years ago i was a genwunner and hated the idea of tons of pokemon... When the remakes came out (fr/lg) i obviously had to play them... But there was a posgame... With new pokemon that looked cool and stuff, so i tough "i'll give them a chance" and now I love all 647 (i always will have ratatta and patrat).

I'm not in to competitive yet because my internet connections always s***s ... But i like the idea and i ev train and build competitive teams for the battle frontier and for the subway :]

16. LeafLord

LeafLord Gym Leader

I started w/ Pearl on my 11th birthday. its been 4 years & I still enjoy it.
    I also have SoulSilver, & I accidentally clicked "HG/SS" in the poll. ><

17. miker313

miker313 Member

Ive been playing since red and blue and played every game since :) i always enjoyed just making teams for the story in game and making new teams etc etc. Will try getting into competitive for black 2

18. Truly Deceptive

Truly Deceptive It is I: ME!

I have played it since Red, Blue, and Yellow, although I didn't play it competently until Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and later on during the 3rd Generation; I didn't care about the game mechanics or playing competitively until a while after Diamond and Pearl came out.

19. Shinku

Shinku neko, desu~

I THINK I started in Gold. It was either that or Yellow, but my cards are more on Gold. Also, I don't do competative battling - I considered it after playing Black but... meh, never got into it.

20. Iwz8472

Iwz8472 Active Member

in my neighborhood growing up there were 5 of us. The first guy got red and got a charmander, the second guy got blue and a squirtle, third charmander, fourth squirtle, and i was supposed to be the tie breaker... my happy self got a bulbasaur :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.