• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Older Gens Battles Section Rules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the Older Gens Battle section. First and foremost, this section is meant to act as place for people to arrange and conduct battles using Pokémon from Generation 1-5 and the tier lists/rules that exist for each generation. Each metagame has a designated Battle Me Thread and you can request which generation you want to play in them. The rules for each thread is universal for the most part.

***OFFICIAL OLDER GENS BATTLE FORUM RULES***

In summary:

1. Follow all Serebii.net rules.
  2. Don't make your own Battle Me thread.
  3. Don't respond to requests in the Battle Me threads.
  4. Don't derail topics with your battle.
  5. Be familiar with the tier list used on Serebii. (see the sticky threads found in this section)

1. Follow All Serebii.net Rules.

Follow all Serebii.net rules. These rules applies to the sub-forums on the site, and this forum is no different.​

2. Don't make your own Battle Me thread.

The point of the Battle Me threads is to declutter the forum with personal Battle Me threads, as such each metagame has their own dedicated thread. You are not permitted to create your own and if you attempt to do so the thread will be deleted. Continued attempts will result in an infraction.​

3. Don't respond to requests in the Battle Me threads.

Inline with rule 2, you can not respond to a Battle Me request within the thread itself. You have to either post a Visitor/Private Message on the user's profile if you want to respond to their battle request.​

4. Don't derail topics with your battle.

The purpose of the thread is to post requests, so no discussion about your battle is allowed within the Battle Me threads. Doing so will result in an infraction.​

5. Be familiar with the various tier lists and rules used on Serebii for older gens.

All battles are conducted under Serebii's Standard Rulesets for Older Gens. Be familiar with these rules before engaging in a battle. Each ruleset and tier list can be located in this very forum.​

Conclusion

Failure to comply with these rules will earn you a "Disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum infraction". If you have any questions, feel free to PM them to any of the Battle Forum staff, and if you see any rules being broken or have any issues, report them as mods won't always be able to be at every place at once due to our schedules. Alternatively, you can PM any problems to us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.