• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Olivia's Grand Trial! The Hardest Pokémon Match Ever!! (979)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Is it me or is Rockruff becoming one of Ash's most interesting Pokemon he has owned...

Well its character development at the moment is at its peak, that's for sure.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Was that the first time we've seen Probopass' Mini Noses used like that in the Anime? I recall manga!Cyrus using it like that, but nobody in the anime until now.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well the ending was pretty anti climactic tbh. I'll forgive Lycanroc going down fast since he was tired but Rowlet's fainting was handled terribly, I mean it wenters down to a head butt pretty much, Rockruff didn't even use a move.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm now feeling that Rockruff knocked out Rowlet because it wanted to defeat Midday Lycanroc one on one.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I'm now feeling that Rockruff knocked out Rowlet because it wanted to defeat Midday Lycanroc one on one.

I doubt it.

Rockruff felt bad after knocking out Rowlet, so it didn't do it on purpose. It lost control.

Red and Blue

There you see? Rockruff took down Lycanroc and Rowlet wasn't a glory hog.

Win win for everyone.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
There you see? Rockruff took down Lycanroc and Rowlet wasn't a glory hog.

Win win for everyone.

Except the people who wanted Ash to lose but then again can't please everyone.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I doubt it.

Rockruff felt bad after knocking out Rowlet, so it didn't do it on purpose. It lost control.

Yeah, but it probably didn't want Rowlet to interfere in the battle with Lycanroc after Probopass was knocked out.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Rowlet went to high five it and Rockruff basically attacked it.

Christ, you're unbelievable today.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
I have to admit this is might become one of my most favorite teams Ash has owned not because the feats they accomplished but the personality and teamwork everyone has shown

DatsRight

I have to admit this is might become one of my most favorite teams Ash has owned not because the feats they accomplished but the personality and teamwork everyone has shown

Same. I know a lot of fans aren't impressed by the battles so far, but I love them. They're so creative and cartoony and the strategies play as much on Ash and his team's personality as their move set.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
Yeah, but it probably didn't want Rowlet to interfere in the battle with Lycanroc after Probopass was knocked out.

No. That's just baseless speculation or wishful thinking on your part. They gave us everything needed to know about Rockruff's situation:

A- He's going through an aggressive phase because he's close to evolving.
B- He bit Ash out of nowhere because of said condition.
C- It bit and knocked out Rowlet out of nowhere because of his problems, the same way it did Ash.
D- It felt remorse after seeing Rowlet defeated and even after Ash celebrating with it, it was still depressed.

This had nothing to do with the dog wanting all the glory to itself. He just can't control his agression. That's alll there is to it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I didn't expect the outcome we got, I mean I was leaning more towards a win, but not with who was left standing and who knocked out who.

I will say though the moment Ash thought back to Gladion I knew that fight would come in handy for dealing with Olivia's Z-move since he had already seen it.

whoever didn't like Rowlet has got to be happy that Rockruff went postal on it.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
On one hand, I confess, I'm slightly disappointed Ash didn't lose this battle. I thought the setup for a loss was perfect, with Rockruff's odd behavior costing Ash this battle.

On the other hand, this was a great battle! Ash worked hard and earned that victory, and Olivia was actually presented as a challenge. Ash was clearly overwhelmed at first, struggling against Olivia's strategy; but once he came up with his own strategy, he really showed just how great of a Trainer he is. He really used Rowlet's aerial mobility to his advantage--having Rowlet dodge Lycanroc's Continental Crush, and using Continental Crush to destroy Probopass's Stealth Rocks. He encouraged Rockruff to battle again by reminding it of their training session, and even "battled" with Rockruff, imitating its moves as he called them out.

Rockruff's aggressiveness causing it to knock out Rowlet--who had been the MVP of Ash's team during that battle--was a nice twist, and certainly an unexpected one. (That look on Professor Kukui's face. He really hated having to make that call.) Rockruff's look of horror as soon as it realized what it had done and its remorse as it approached Ash reinforced the fact that Rockruff was out of control and wasn't really thinking about what it was doing. Even after Ash won, Rockruff still didn't look happy, even though it had delivered the finishing blow.

Am I the only one who burst into laughter at Bloom Doom? I know that's how it looks in the games, but that entire scene was portrayed so seriously that seeing the field burst into flowers just made me laugh.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Take that you stupid owl, lmao.
Rockruff winning it all makes this battle a bit better, but Ash still should have lost here. If he comes out of this series only having lost to Team Rocket and Gladion I will be very disappointed.

Janovy

Banned
Honestly, the best part of the episode was Ash not only giving Rockruff the encouragement to fight again, but Ash himself moving together with Rockruff, "fighting together with him" like he said he would. It was just so amazing, damn.