• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

T5000X

Indivijul
I have a few desires! How 'bout Yes/No options for skipping tutorials like catching Pokémon, and an option to significantly increase the AI skill level and difficulty. Like, the NPC trainer will switch out to a more suitable Pokémon the way you're given the option to when you knock out their Pokémon, except when yours gets KO'd. I'd also like a nice long post-game. And mutliple save files.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Ya, but wally could get Mega Gardevoir

I see him getting a MegaGardevoir over a Gallade myself.
Whatever he gets, Mega or not, I just hope that we get to battle him a lot more.

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
I wonder if we'll get access to other starters in these games? Or, with the introduction of Pokémon Bank, would Game Freak just expect us to trade our starters from HG/SS, D/P over to B2/W2 and Transport them to X/Y and over to these?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I don't think that is likely to happen. imo, the trainers will fight where they were orignally.

Probably so, but I just feel that Wally should have gotten more care.
But who knows about postgame?

I wonder if we'll get access to other starters in these games? Or, with the introduction of Pokémon Bank, would Game Freak just expect us to trade our starters from HG/SS, D/P over to B2/W2 and Transport them to X/Y and over to these?
Well, we DID get a chance to obtain one of the Johto-starters in Emerald when the PokéDex was completed, so maybe there's a chance they'll keep that in.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't think that is likely to happen. imo, the trainers will fight where they were orignally.

Just because this is a remake, that doesn't mean that everything has to follow the original storyline exactly how it was.

HGSS had it's main storyline altered:
- Ethan/Lyra helps you on your journey.
- They added Rocket admins.
- The Kimono Girls had more prominent roles.
- The box legendary was required to be fought before heading to the league.

Just the fact that the box legends have new forms is already a proof of altered storyline.

palkia160

Correct me if I'm wrong.. But isn't this the first time that pokemon receive a new form in a remake? I mean, did FRLG and HGSS contain anything like this? And also if they are remakes, ORAS must have something different in the storyline to justify Kyogre and Groudon changement (cause they are actually "new pokemon" such as Mega Mewtwo x/y and Black/White Kyurem, but none of those pokemon were in a remake, they were in a game of the main serie). Isn't this the first proof that they are not JUST remakes?

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Just because this is a remake, that doesn't mean that everything has to follow the original storyline.

But if I am right, the rival battled at the same place everywhere.

WayneTSR

I feel it is safe to assume the feel and graphics of these games will be on par with X&Y, in which case - it should prove to be a stunning game.

Sapphire version is what really hooked me into pokemon way back in the day - my childhood and early teen years were devoted to countless hours of exploring Hoenn. To this day, I still feel it is the most fleshed out region and the one that feels most "Mythical" - and while this could just be my nastalgia boner talking :p , I am anticipating this remake to be gorgeous. From climbing Volcanoes, to surfing across the sea, and even diving underwater - with the amped up graphics of X & Y, it should be amazing.

My hopes for these games:
- I would love to see the Secret Base feature return. Imagine building your own, fully 3D Base... I'd buy a game that was solely based on that mechanic :p I thought they did it brilliantly, but could obviously be improved - Now's the time
- I am rather indefferent towards Mega Evolutions. Sure, they are cool, but I am not deadset on certain pokemon having them. I am interested to see which they choose, however. I think the Regi trio could make for some BA Megas.
- I never got into the contests much, but would still enjoy their return.
- I hope they add a bit diversity to the wild pokemon, especially early game. I feel like they are getting better at it every new game, so I don't expect a dropped ball on this one.
- As others have stated, either an increase in difficulty or an option to make it so.
I don't want to be the 10 year old kid who stomped everyone.

I want to be the 10 year old kid who scraped and crawled his way to the end, and only after shedding blood, sweat, and tears, was able to earn his rightful spot as the greatest 10 year old who ever lived. :)

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Just because this is a remake, that doesn't mean that everything has to follow the original storyline exactly how it was.

Just the fact that the box legends have new forms is already a proof of altered storyline.

Good points here.
Although I would not be surprised if the rivals were battled similar to the originals, I can see there still being some storyline changes in the remakes.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
But if I am right, the rival battled at the same place everywhere.

Yes. But my point being, they can simply add more to the story and let you face your rivals in other places where you haven't fought them before.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Correct me if I'm wrong.. But isn't this the first time that pokemon receive a new form in a remake? I mean, did FRLG and HGSS contain anything like this? And also if they are remakes, ORAS must have something different in the storyline to justify Kyogre and Groudon changement (cause they are actually "new pokemon" such as Mega Mewtwo x/y and Black/White Kyurem, but none of those pokemon were in a remake, they were in a game of the main serie). Isn't this the first proof that they are not JUST remakes?
They're remakes, there's no two ways around it.
Yes, it's the first time they change a pokemon in a remake, but doesn't stop it being a remake. Their changes could 1) Be made so post game, or 2) Explained during the game.
Lets also keep in mind, that the story in the real sapphire/ruby was somewhat replaced by that one in Emerald, and now, (These could be called remakes of Emerald) these will replace the Emerald story and make THIS the true story of Hoenn. So whatever happened back then, holds no ground to the slight changes they might do in the story in regards to the changes in the pokemon appearances.
Example, these could be them fully powered up by their respective orbs.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well that is a good point. But where would Wally like to battle now?

It can be anywhere. Depends on the changes to the storyline.

Wally's plot - a young frail boy trying to be stronger, it had a lot of potential but was done poorly. From Mauville then Victory Road? Quite a huge jump, don't you think? GF can expand it by giving him more screen time showcasing character development.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
It can be anywhere. Depends on the changes to the storyline.

Wally's plot - a young frail boy trying to be stronger, it had a lot of potential but was done poorly. From Mauville then Victory Road? Quite a huge jump, don't you think? GF can expand it by giving him more screen time showcasing character development.

Yep, agreed. It was quite a big jump. I would like to battle him before going to new Mauvile.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
When HGSS was released, they changed it Pokedex to add 5 new pokemons (released in 4th Gen) to the 2nd Gen Pokedex that didn't exists at the time of GSC.

By the time of the HGSS games (in 4th Gen), we had 23 new pokemons who were related to the 2nd Gen Pokedex Pokemons in the form of either a Evo or a Pre-Evo. But only 5 out of those 23 got a spot in the new Johto Dex of HGSS.

So, now if we consider the 3rd Gen RSE Pokedex, then we have 9 new Pokemons (not counting Mega's) until now who are related to Pokemons belonging to the 3rd Gen Pokedex.

The remake of GSC proved that a Pokedex of an older Gen can be adjusted/changed to add newer Gen pokemons. And since the number of new pokemons is quite low compared to that of with the difference between 2nd Gen and 4th Gen, we can except all of the 9 Pokemons to be included in the new ORAS Pokedex.

There is also the fact that the 3rd Gen Hoenn Pokedex was quite small (in both RS & E) at only 202 Pokemons compared to other Gen (except 1st Gen) may add to the possibility of an increase in the size of the Hoenn Pokedex in ORAS (Johto had 251 in GSC & 256 in HGSS, Sinnoh had 151 in DP + Platinum's expansion of 59 bringing to a total of 210, Unova had 155 in BW while B2W2 increased its size to 300, while Kalos has 3 regional pokedexes with an overall total of 454 pokemons).

So we can atleast expect some level bumps and move revamps this makes me happy i really dont just want to plow through.

That's true, but my concern is which team would be used or modified.

For the remakes of 'RGB' (i.e., FRLG) & 'GSC' (i.e., HGSS), there was no difference between the Gym Leaders team between the 3 games of the same Gen. So, it didn't create that much of a problem in deciding on the base structure for the Gym Leaders team and further develop on it.

But starting from 'Emerald', we have seen that the 3rd instalment have been changing the teams of the Gym Leaders as well some Elite 4's teams.

So, now the question is which team are they going to use as a base for this remake. Would it be the 'RS' teams or 'Emerald' teams. Or are they totally going to revamp there teams.

This is probably an extremely overstated comment, but I'd like for Sceptile and Swampert to get Mega Evos in order to give them more of an edge against Mega Blaziken.

I'm also expecting the PSS and Super Training to return due to their usefulness. Also- Secret Bases will probably make a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.