• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

momopeach

I always thought Venasaur and Blastoise only got 1 partly due to popularity and partly because Charizard was the weakest of the 3.

People would be upset if only Blaziken got one and the other 2 didn't. Sure, charizard got 2, but all 3 did get one.

Pilpulp

美的
I want the Sevii Islands to be included. It seems doubtful to me that there will ever be FRLG remakes, and the Sevii Islands were such a unique set of locations. I would hate for them to be the only "region" to never be rendered in 3D. Besides, Hoenn always had a pathetic amount of post-game content, whereas both sets of remakes thus far have had quite a bit (including... the Sevii Islands), and Hoenn's boat ports can reach the Sevii Islands, as we know from the Navel Rock and Birth Island which are in the same area.

I don't think it would make all too much sense, unless the legendary birds reappear again, and team rocket comes back.

You could argue that those things aren't necessary for it to be there, but despite it being possible, I don't see what the point would be, if there's no reason to go.

(But yes it would be cool to see those in XY Graphics :) )

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
some of you may remember this but back in the original ruby and sapphire you couldn't challenge may/Brendan to any more rematches after a certain point, I would like to be able to challenge may/Brendan to rematches after I've completed the game because they were enjoyable. so yeah long story short I want may/Brendan rematches in these games.
they can make it so that on certain days they use their ruby/sapphire teams and on other days they use their emerald teams.
does this sound good? and did it make any sense?

I want to be able to have rematches with them in OR/AS as well, mostly because I absolutely loved the R/S rival battle music. :p

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I don't think it would make all too much sense, unless the legendary birds reappear again, and team rocket comes back.

You could argue that those things aren't necessary for it to be there, but despite it being possible, I don't see what the point would be, if there's no reason to go.

(But yes it would be cool to see those in XY Graphics :) )

Stuff it with different Legendary Pokémon (not that the Winged Mirages haven't appeared in two successive games before). Use Team Aqua/Magma stragglers instead of Team Rocket. I don't know, I'm sure they could figure something out.

Pilpulp

美的
Stuff it with different Legendary Pokémon (not that the Winged Mirages haven't appeared in two successive games before). Use Team Aqua/Magma stragglers instead of Team Rocket. I don't know, I'm sure they could figure something out.
True, maybe the opposite team of your game would reside there. (As you said)

It would be cool to see Dive used there...

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
I want to be able to have rematches with them in OR/AS as well, mostly because I absolutely loved the R/S rival battle music. :p

Talking of music, I really hope the Team Aqua/TeamMagma music makes its triumphant trumpet return e.g., Mt Chimney, Seafloor Cavern, Magma/Aqua Hideout - that was the best of all of them, and I could hum it forever.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
True, maybe the opposite team of your game would reside there. (As you said)

It would be cool to see Dive used there...

Although, thinking about it now, doing that would actually create a bit of a continuity error since FRLG and RSE take place at about the same time, so unless they employed a post-game timeskip for ORAS or established that RSEORAS takes place a few months after the events of FRLG as opposed to being more-or-less contemporaneous with them, you would still be finding the Mirages and fighting Team Rocket. Hmm...

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Hey, I just thought of something. What if the opposite team for your version tries to expand their plans post game? For example, in Sapphire, you're supposed to go against Team Aqua. After Team Aqua's plans are foiled, you finish your gyms, defeat the Elite 4, and then post game starts. Post game, Team Magma tries to bring Groudon back, so you have to prevent that going into their lair and defeat their minions and Maxie similar to what you did in Platinum post game.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
I'd say I'd would really like a Sceptilite and a Swampertite because having a mega handed to you only if you choose a certain starter... I don't like it. I know it's unlikely, even if they patch X/Y. (they won't) I just dislike the idea of gaining an advantage because you have a different starters.

Nonetheless, basing off HG/SS, I'm assuming we get more legendaries. There's 5 per version in the original R/S. There'll be at least six with Regigias, and going with the idea that the box legends of a gen after the originals (FRLG had Lugia and Ho-Oh via event, Gen I remakes with Gen II legends. HG/SS had Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza. Gen II remakes with Gen III legends.) Following this pattern, we should find Diagla, Palkia and Giratina. I doubt they'd pull off a version split, as the trio master is an event-only mon.

disclaimer: the pattern is completely random and arbitrary prolly not right/true

I think if we see any legendary pokemon it will be the johto bunch considering they where in the last gen 3 games

I don't see us getting gen 4 Legendary Pokémon due to the fact we got them as events and in game in gen 5 we haven't had a johto event since gen 4 - when johto was out

I think the dogs will roam like the birds in Kalos depending on the starter (like in FRLG)

also your in game character is from johto and we were given johto starters in emerald

I say everything leads to Johto legends :)

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
They should bring back Navel Rock, but make it not an event this time. You can just go there post game and get a free Lugia/Ho-oh.

Great idea there! Navel Rock needs to be open to everyone! It's one of my favorite places (even though I never managed to get there)...

Hope they also bring back Birth Island and be able to catch Deoxys there ala FR/LG/E.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Related to starter Megas:

2:1:1 is more fair than 1:0:0
I always thought Venasaur and Blastoise only got 1 partly due to popularity and partly because Charizard was the weakest of the 3.

People would be upset if only Blaziken got one and the other 2 didn't. Sure, charizard got 2, but all 3 did get one.

That's not the point, though. The point is that we aren't guaranteed Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert solely on the basis of fairness. Pleasing everyone would be great and I'd love to see them get the Megas even though Blaziken is my favorite of the three regardless, but we're not obligated to get these two Megas. I'm just saying it's best to not go in thinking that they will happen, because they might not.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
It might have been mentioned before, but I've been thinking and doing a bit of digging why these versions should be called Alpha and Omega, and not Alpha and Beta, or Rho and Sigma, or whatever. Alpha and Omega is actually a reference to the Bible, the Book of Revelation "I am the Alpha and Omega". Perhaps this might imply an apocalyptic theme in OR/AS - well you could say the disaster and devastation caused by Kyogre and Groudon in the original games could class just as that. Perhaps this might mean in these games, their effects will be even more devastating than they originally were, and that is definitely plausible given these new forms on the box art.

My crazy theory, but perhaps it is merely just coincidence in the title name. Perhaps it might bear some other significance of being the first and last, the beginning and the end, I don't know. I'm blabbering, so I'll stop.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
It might have been mentioned before, but I've been thinking and doing a bit of digging why these versions should be called Alpha and Omega, and not Alpha and Beta, or Rho and Sigma, or whatever. Alpha and Omega is actually a reference to the Bible, the Book of Revelation "I am the Alpha and Omega". Perhaps this might imply an apocalyptic theme in OR/AS - well you could say the disaster and devastation caused by Kyogre and Groudon in the original games could class just as that. Perhaps this might mean in these games, their effects will be even more devastating than they originally were, and that is definitely plausible given these new forms on the box art.

My crazy theory, but perhaps it is merely just coincidence in the title name. Perhaps it might bear some other significance of being the first and last, the beginning and the end, I don't know. I'm blabbering, so I'll stop.

Maybe it's because the Weather trio are already based on Judeo-Christian mythology, and now they're just keeping with the theme.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
We spoke about this before in the Release thread. Personally, it definitely seems like a reference to the quote but I don't feel it's anything deeper.

Pilpulp

美的
Although, thinking about it now, doing that would actually create a bit of a continuity error since FRLG and RSE take place at about the same time, so unless they employed a post-game timeskip for ORAS or established that RSEORAS takes place a few months after the events of FRLG as opposed to being more-or-less contemporaneous with them, you would still be finding the Mirages and fighting Team Rocket. Hmm...

Yeah, the best post-game we will probably get is expansions on the event islands.
That hopefully have some routes/buildings.

I'd hate a Kiloude 2.0

That's not the point, though. The point is that we aren't guaranteed Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert solely on the basis of fairness. Pleasing everyone would be great and I'd love to see them get the Megas even though Blaziken is my favorite of the three regardless, but we're not obligated to get these two Megas. I'm just saying it's best to not go in thinking that they will happen, because they might not.

Ok fair enough, despite whether or not they get Megas I still hope someone does and they don't forget about them entirely.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
We spoke about this before in the Release thread. Personally, it definitely seems like a reference to the quote but I don't feel it's anything deeper.

My apologies for being "too late to the party" so to speak! I thought it might have already been discussed but I just thought it was interesting as they are quite curious title names.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
Aye, aye.

Here's to the trumpets, folks. For they shall forever guide us.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Hey, I just thought of something. What if the opposite team for your version tries to expand their plans post game? For example, in Sapphire, you're supposed to go against Team Aqua. After Team Aqua's plans are foiled, you finish your gyms, defeat the Elite 4, and then post game starts. Post game, Team Magma tries to bring Groudon back, so you have to prevent that going into their lair and defeat their minions and Maxie similar to what you did in Platinum post game.

I quite like this idea. It would certainly help bulk out the plot too rather than just finding some random caves that weren't there before, or some guy finally deciding to get out of your way so you can do some more exploring because you're the Champion now. I love both Teams, and so would quite like to battle both of them in the same version.

Status
Not open for further replies.