• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanineblitz

I still think theyre new forms and be all like "ha you all thought it was a mega because i mentioned it last week! Well suprise huehuehue".

Lugia 88

I would love to see Navel Rock, Birth Island and the other Island that mew is in. In these games also more history about the Hoenn Region too would be nice. Since the game boy advance games didn't have enough space to put a lot of information in them.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I dunno if this post is a joke. But why would Groudon and Kyogre be absent in a game that is centered around them in the first place?

It was a joke...

I mean, I wasted an hour of my life, getting hyped for some gameplay, like walking around and stuff, but we find out that the cover legends are in the game.... That was worth my time. Not.

Well, not much with that, but what did we expect?

I'm guessing the new Groudon/Kyogre are mega-evos, but I could be wrong.

I don't know, I'm actually on the fence. I'm 50% for mega-evos and 50% that they're new forms that have something to do with the orbs used to awaken them somehow.

Nockturne

Why is everyone being such a Debbie Downer?

Were you really expecting 10/15 mins of game play that would confirm or deny all your speculations? Its not like we've never been through this before, the first sneak peaks are always next to nothing, and the juicy info would never come out so soon after the announcement of the games.

Granted the X/Y trailer had a load but that was probably to get everyone super hyped about Pokémon going 3D.

GDK

What if the footage of groudon was from alpha sapphire and the kyogre one from Omega ruby

Mind blown yet?

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
wasn't expecting much lol people overhyped this too much

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It was a joke...

I mean, I wasted an hour of my life, getting hyped for some gameplay, like walking around and stuff, but we find out that the cover legends are in the game.... That was worth my time. Not.

Sorry. My sarcasm radar's currently broken.

wasn't expecting much lol people overhyped this too much

The fanbase usually tend to get overhyped on the very first footage of the games.

R_N

Why is everyone being such a Debbie Downer?

Were you really expecting 10/15 mins of game play that would confirm or deny all your speculations? Its not like we've never been through this before, the first sneak peaks are always next to nothing, and the juicy info would never come out so soon after the announcement of the games.

Granted the X/Y trailer had a load but that was probably to get everyone super hyped about Pokémon going 3D.

When HGSS was unveiled, it had a short bit of gameplay to go with it. I think it was super small, maybe ~5-10 seconds? The male player walked around, we got to see the new graphics and how the town was overhauled, and we saw partner pokemon, as well as the new design of the partner.
We also got the new, clean artwork for Lugia & Ho-Oh as well as the updated artwork for the gen 2 starters.
So in that sense I can see people (I know I was !) being put down

At least we saw something, though (lookin' at you, bw2). I wonder if they'll reuse that animation of drought & drizzle for actual in-battle drought & drizzle.

LudicoloFiesta

IV Breeder
I am excited to hear the soundtrack, hopefully they will stay true to 3rd gen and have it heavily instrumental. It adds a lot to the atmosphere, especially in a region such a Hoenn. They could tone it down on the trumpets, though. It will sound best with a variety of instruments.

I am super excited to see X and Y's art style in Hoenn. Both regions are so vibrant and beautiful, and use such vivid colors. They both revolve a lot around nature and beauty, so I'm happy they waited until 6th gen to remake Ruby and Sapphire. No matter what, I am positive the games will look breathtaking.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Sorry. My sarcasm radar's currently broken.

The fanbase usually tend to get overhyped on the very first footage of the games.

Hehehe

At least we still have CoroCoro. Although I am expecting VERY little from that too, which I have learned from today's episode. I think that these games must still be intensive work, otherwise I expect we would have gotten a short 5-10 second trailer.

At least we now know that the Drizzle animation looks quite good....

NightFire7

Just saw the footage. Well Groudon and Kyogre look amazing. I wasn't really expecting that much except how the graphics looked since the game has only been recently announced, I only wanted to see at least how the graphics look and I am not disappointed. But for actual gameplay and info we probably will not get much until next month. I guess the less that is shown, the more hype Gamefreak can get for the games.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Hehehe

At least we still have CoroCoro. Although I am expecting VERY little from that too, which I have learned from today's episode. I think that these games must still be intensive work, otherwise I expect we would have gotten a short 5-10 second trailer.

At least we now know that the Drizzle animation looks quite good....
CoroCoro at most will be screens of the animations most likely

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
When HGSS was unveiled, it had a short bit of gameplay to go with it. I think it was super small, maybe ~5-10 seconds? The male player walked around, we got to see the new graphics and how the town was overhauled, and we saw partner pokemon, as well as the new design of the partner.

This was basically what I was expecting anyway. I've been through this same song and dance far too much to expect much more than that, but we didn't even get that much. So yeah, pretty disappointing.

Arcanineblitz

Why was Groudon coming out of the ocean? I think Gamefreak forgot he was a ground type lol.

The fact that it was evaporating off of him made him look so much cooler =,)

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Why was Groudon coming out of the ocean? I think Gamefreak forgot he was a ground type lol.

He came out of the ocean in R/S/E

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, see the bright side, guys!

There's water in the game!

Okay, okay. Serious talk now. Was that Sootopolis City, or was it just a random rock? I'm leaning to the latter.

I would not be surprised if it was just some rock. If so, I am glad that it is there. It gives the background something more than just water.

Status
Not open for further replies.