1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Kreis, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LudicoloFiesta

LudicoloFiesta IV Breeder

I think that the rock that Groudon was on in Sootopolis was brown in the originals though...Correct me if I'm wrong its been awhile.

2. Lost Lore

Lost Lore Diving Deep

You're right- in Emerald, Groudon was standing on a brown, magma-filled rock whilst fighting Kyogre. So it could be that, perhaps.

3. nooneinparticular

nooneinparticular Super Nerd

What if the new Groudon and Kyogre are somehow awakened with the Red Orb and Blue Orb respectively? Come to think of it, this idea has probably been covered earlier in the thread, but it seems almost obligatory. The Orbs could have some connection to Mega Stones (which I assume will be revealed by Steven). Why is it that all official sources state "notice the differences in appearance"? Is there something I'm missing? Some sort of Da Vinci code puzzle that is obvious when looked at a certain angle?

4. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

That's the popular theory right now, yeah.

5. nooneinparticular

If only there was some way of knowing for sure

6. Pilpulp

Pilpulp 美的

To think there might have been a better solution to Groudon coming out of the water, doesn't make sense.

Anywho, is it pronounced

Gr-wow-don (How I say it)

-or-

Grou-don

7. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Why ?

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

Probably because it's too early for any of them to get them, just like none of the Kalos Pokemon got a single Mega.

Despite, you know, being in their REGION OF ORIGIN and all that. It's like creating shampoo in North America, but only the Japanese get to experience it.

Pilpulp likes this.
  9. Pilpulp

Pilpulp 美的

They didn't get Mega's from XY and I forget in a article it either stated that 5th Gen or 6th Gen wouldn't be getting Megas as of XY (Neither did) but I don't know if that's the whole gen or what.

10. I definitely want a mega tropius- I caught one in black and have been using it a little bit.
    anyways the graphics looked interesting(and its confirmed that its gonna stay in 3d) that's all I can say I guess...

11. Nightshade Aran

Nightshade Aran Hydreigon Summoner

We'll be getting more megas than you guys will know what to do with them soon enough. If these games were sequels or a new gem they'd be swamped with them. So even if we only get the ones we have already, or only Swampert/Sceptile/Kyogre/Groudon as new megas, that should hold you for how sick you'll be of them next gen.

12. shadowF

shadowF Well-Known Member

do you guys expect to see some stuff from emerald be in these new games? like the battle frontier! or the groudon vs kyogre cutscene?

13. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

By that logic there should only be gen VI megas introduced in Kalos.
    Sure they might not introduce any megas from other regions, but it's not entirely unlikely.
    I'm pretty sure they just mentioned gen VI, which has sparked much debate about Zygarde.

14. LudicoloFiesta

LudicoloFiesta IV Breeder

Having it to do with the red and blue orbs would be a nice nod to continuity. It would make sense with Steven too, because of everything he does with rocks ans stuff.

15. oarfish

oarfish #1 Lanturn Owner

Battle Frontier-I sure hope so. I can see it returning for some of the postgame content.
    I lost my version of Emerald before I got there, so I would like to experience it now.

16. nooneinparticular

I've always pronounced it "Grou-don" and the anime seems to agree with me. I used to pronounce Kyogre "Kyog-ray" and Rayquaza "Ray-quarr-zerr". Destiny Deoxys proved me wrong :p
    As for Groudon coming out of water, did they ever show how he got to Sootopolis in Emerald? I know he was in Mt. Chimney on Jagged Path, but I can't remember him moving...

17. nooneinparticular

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Steven must know about Mega Stones. (Just you wait until Mega Metagross is announced... You know it's coming :p )

18. oarfish

oarfish #1 Lanturn Owner

I do not recall how they moved in the games. (Secret underground passageways perhaps?)

And I thought they were "Gr-ow-don", "K-Ieo-gray", and "Ray-quay-za".
    Just slightly different than I originally pronounced them.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I hope the Battle Frontier exists in OR/AS. I liked the challenge of it in Emerald and I'd like to see it return.

20. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

It'll be much better this time around now that anyone can control IVs and EVs without having to guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.