• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LudicoloFiesta

IV Breeder
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Steven must know about Mega Stones. (Just you wait until Mega Metagross is announced... You know it's coming :p )

Mega Metagross would be so epic! I'm personally hoping for mega Altaria and Flygon.

Nockturne

I've always pronounced it "Grou-don" and the anime seems to agree with me. I used to pronounce Kyogre "Kyog-ray" and Rayquaza "Ray-quarr-zerr". Destiny Deoxys proved me wrong :p
As for Groudon coming out of water, did they ever show how he got to Sootopolis in Emerald? I know he was in Mt. Chimney on Jagged Path, but I can't remember him moving...

I remember when I first played through Sapphire I pronounced Kyogre as Kuh-yor-g. And cuz I was so young I just got stuck saying it like that without bothering to properly look at the word again till I saw the Manaphy Movie

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I pronounced the legendaries based off the anime. Groudon was "Growl-don", Kyogre was "Kai-o-ger", and Rayquaza was "Ray-quaz-za".

Illusio

No words, only rage
do you guys expect to see some stuff from emerald be in these new games? like the battle frontier! or the groudon vs kyogre cutscene?

HGSS had some content from Crystal, so I'd expect at least some of the content from Emerald to be brought over into these remakes as well.

As for what, the Battle Frontier I definitely agree with, Wallace as the Champion (or at least having that status alluded to) is another one.

I hope the Battle Frontier exists in OR/AS. I liked the challenge of it in Emerald and I'd like to see it return.
I actually don't want the Battle Frontier to return, though i'm sure it will. I disliked the Battle Factory because i couldn't really prepare for it. Aside from that i'm ok with it. As long as i get to kick Brandon's butt at the Pyramid again, i'd be satisfied with the facilities.

Here is something else that I would like to see (if it hasn't already been mentioned). Pokémon Box and Pokebank both have the same character (Brigette) hosting it. Pokémon Box (or Pokebox) gave you four pokemon eggs that hatched into pokemon with unique moves that you couldn't get anywhere else. It would be interesting if there was a way to get those moves back and they were breedable. Here were the pokemon...

-False Swipe Swablu
-Pay Day Skitty
-Extremespeed Zigzagoon
-Surfing Pichu

Similar to Extremespeed dratini in HGSS, it would be nice if these moves could be bred to get better iv's and natures. Or even if they are one time only pokemon (can't be bred), it would still be nice to get a chance to get these pokemon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Something else I dug up from RSE. Remember the Glass Workshop on Rt. 113 where you could collect ash by walking through the tall grass to trade in for items? Furthermore, do you remember how they had Secret Base furniture as the most expensive items on the list? They should either reduce the price for those, or make it so you don't have to walk in the tall grass to collect ash, because the amount of steps you need to take is utterly ludicrous (literally about 6000 for the Pretty Chair and 8000 for the Pretty Desk). I mean, how many Repels would you have to go through in order to get in that many steps?

VanityEgo

Something else I dug up from RSE. Remember the Glass Workshop on Rt. 113 where you could collect ash by walking through the tall grass to trade in for items? Furthermore, do you remember how they had Secret Base furniture as the most expensive items on the list? They should either reduce the price for those, or make it so you don't have to walk in the tall grass to collect ash, because the amount of steps you need to take is utterly ludicrous (literally about 6000 for the Pretty Chair and 8000 for the Pretty Desk). I mean, how many Repels would you have to go through in order to get in that many steps?

24 for the chair, 32 for the desk.

Pilpulp

美的
I've always pronounced it "Grou-don" and the anime seems to agree with me. I used to pronounce Kyogre "Kyog-ray" and Rayquaza "Ray-quarr-zerr". Destiny Deoxys proved me wrong :p
As for Groudon coming out of water, did they ever show how he got to Sootopolis in Emerald? I know he was in Mt. Chimney on Jagged Path, but I can't remember him moving...

It was probably when they first awaken, the weather changes, and the admins are talking on the mini island.

I pronounce them all like this:

Gr-ow-don

Ky-ogre

Ray-qua-zaa

LudicoloFiesta

IV Breeder
HGSS had some content from Crystal, so I'd expect at least some of the content from Emerald to be brought over into these remakes as well.

As for what, the Battle Frontier I definitely agree with, Wallace as the Champion (or at least having that status alluded to) is another one.
I hope that the fight between Groudon and Kyogre stays form Emerald. That was probably what we saw in the video, but they were never both in the same spot so it might not be.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I hope that the fight between Groudon and Kyogre stays form Emerald. That was probably what we saw in the video, but they were never both in the same spot so it might not be.

I think this cutscene more than likely eliminates the chances of seeing more Emerald plot elements in the game. Groudon probably would not rise out of Seafloor Cavern if that were the case, there's nowhere else to put Kyogre in that case (except for maybe Cave of Origin).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think this cutscene more than likely eliminates the chances of seeing more Emerald plot elements in the game. Groudon probably would not rise out of Seafloor Cavern if that were the case, there's nowhere else to put Kyogre in that case (except for maybe Cave of Origin).

I'm beginning to doubt that these games will even be canon. B2W2 made Emerald the canon version of the Hoenn story, so if these games don't follow the Emerald plot...

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm beginning to doubt that these games will even be canon. B2W2 made Emerald the canon version of the Hoenn story, so if these games don't follow the Emerald plot...
That will be more of a continuity error if anything. What if newer games referenced something specific in ORAS?

R_N

I could see some of the other emerald elements being incorporated.
What I'm primarily thinking is that the Magma Hideout will just be ruby exclusive while the Aqua hideout (that was shared in rs) is sapphire exclusive. I suppose that would complicate the sub aspect, but I'm sure there's ways around that. Just have magma prep the sub while you storm the base and by the time you make it to the center they've already taken it to the sea

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I guess, but that's not the point, the point is the storyline probably is not going to play out the way people want it to.

I could see some of the other emerald elements being incorporated.
What I'm primarily thinking is that the Magma Hideout will just be ruby exclusive while the Aqua hideout (that was shared in rs) is sapphire exclusive. I suppose that would complicate the sub aspect, but I'm sure there's ways around that. Just have magma prep the sub while you storm the base and by the time you make it to the center they've already taken it to the sea

I doubt that as well. That's kind of a stretch, where would they keep the sub, and how would they reach it from Mt. Chimney so quickly?

I don't think any of the Emerald plot elements can work now, meaning only one team will really be running amok through Hoenn, Magma Hideout will just be in Lilycove City instead of Mt. Chimney, only one of the legendaries awakens, and Rayquaza will not appear. Disappointing, but I that's the way it's looking at this point.

Last edited:

diakyu

I don't think the cutscene can be used to prove anything. It could just be from the into or even a scene of them approaching Sootopolis. Doesn't really confirm or De-confirm anything really.

I really only want Emerald's story so we get to go to every hideout in both games. More content is always fun

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

Emerald just feels more complete to me, but that's because I grew up with Emerald. When I played my friend's Sapphire game for a nuzlocke, it felt off because of the Kyogre event. It almost felt anticlimactic.

diakyu

Emerald just feels more complete to me, but that's because I grew up with Emerald. When I played my friend's Sapphire game for a nuzlocke, it felt off because of the Kyogre event. It almost felt anticlimactic.
This too. An ancient beast awakens and all it does is make the weather go whack and go hide in a cave. There's a lot more tension and urgency in Emerald imo.

Pilpulp

美的

Yeah I only played Ruby once and I rushed through it thinking there was a Battle Frontier at the end as a kid (because I was jealous of my brother in the battle frontier in his emerald, so I decided I would try and get there too) I was quite disappointed. However, the story was not memorable because I still have no idea what happened, yet I remember liking Emerald's. A nice mix.

If this is when they rise out of the chamber thing after being awakened by the orb how the heck does Groudon get to Sootopolis.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
This too. An ancient beast awakens and all it does is make the weather go whack and go hide in a cave. There's a lot more tension and urgency in Emerald imo.

Also, because of that, Emerald gives you the tower where Rayquaza resides, which makes a wonderful place to train for the Elite 4 when everywhere else is full of underleveled pokemon. Sure, there's Victory Road, but who wants to train off solely rock and steel types when some of your pokemon won't make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.