• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Emerald just feels more complete to me, but that's because I grew up with Emerald. When I played my friend's Sapphire game for a nuzlocke, it felt off because of the Kyogre event. It almost felt anticlimactic.

I like Emerald's storyline for being more dramatic, but I still prefer R/S over it. The BF is the main Emerald feature that I'd want in OR/AS, although I'm sure many other features will be added to OR/AS too.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think the cutscene can be used to prove anything. It could just be from the into or even a scene of them approaching Sootopolis. Doesn't really confirm or De-confirm anything really.

An intro scene probably wouldn't take place in the ocean either, and there probably wouldn't be a scene of them approaching Sootopolis because that's not the right moment to create tension.

I really only want Emerald's story so we get to go to every hideout in both games. More content is always fun

Same. Plus you get to go to Sky Pillar before you beat the game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I know of the concept of "superior canon", but think of it this way for a second.

Emerald- Mirage Tower is found
R/S- Mirage Tower already crumbled.

Platinum- Player meets Looker.
D/P- Player does not meet Looker.

The point I'm getting at here is that these a not big jumps to make, and if the remakes did not mention the Mirage Tower, that's a very minor skip at best.

The Looker scenario is more of a "what-if", so don't stew over it too long.

R_N

I'm beginning to doubt that these games will even be canon. B2W2 made Emerald the canon version of the Hoenn story, so if these games don't follow the Emerald plot...

BW2 made it "canon" by way of a post-game tournament which made Steven AND Wallace champions. It's fan service and they wanted to bring in everyone (Except those e4 members not like anyone cares about them am i right) and they had to fill up the champion tournament somehow. Also everyone looked the same.
It would be the easiest thing in the world to just have that be noncanon.

OR just handwave it away. Steven became champion again, Wallace took over the gym again, Juan buggered off.

Iiiiit's probably worth noting that in Emerald Steven never says he was the champion & was replaced (so far as I can tell, maybe I overlooked some dialog). And Wallace only references that he was the leader and then something came up.

Pilpulp

美的
So... If this footage is when they are going to Sootopolis, that means whatever this 'form' change is, takes place after they get there?

(If there is one at all)

Which leads me to believe it has nothing to do with the orbs, unless I missed something.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So... If this footage is when they are going to Sootopolis, that means whatever this 'form' change is, takes place after they get there?

(If there is one at all)

Which leads me to believe it has nothing to do with the orbs, unless I missed something.

Team Magma/Aqua may not know how to unlock Groudon/Kyogre's "true power", meaning simply having the Orbs would not be enough. In fact, if the Mega Stone theory is correct, it would make perfect sense that they would not be able to Mega Evolve them because they don't have a Mega Ring/they don't have the "bond" with Groudon/Kyogre that Mega Evolution requires.

Ruas

Yeah, one really does wonder how the story will turn out in this one. If we had Emerald's story, then that wouldn't justify the legendaries box-art position. Each Groudon & Kyogre should have something extra in their respective games.

Before they confirmed it was a re-make, I had always imagined that these games would be a sequel like B2W2. A new trainer starting in Hoenn. That way, the time-line within the games continues perfectly. The plot could be centred around a new villainous team, with a mission of using Rayquaza. Hence the hero must seek out another member of the trio, the box-art legendary, and counter them.

Ezzy

Dark Type Gym Leader
Soo.. anyone think corocoro's gonna have new info? Or maybe updated artwork. Id like to see Brenden and May's new artwork personally.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
BW2 made it "canon" by way of a post-game tournament which made Steven AND Wallace champions. It's fan service and they wanted to bring in everyone (Except those e4 members not like anyone cares about them am i right) and they had to fill up the champion tournament somehow. Also everyone looked the same.
It would be the easiest thing in the world to just have that be noncanon.

Well, we do have one Backpacker in the Desert Resort in B2/W2 making a direct reference to Emerald's Mirage Tower, I'm assuming he's referring to that too. Says something like "The Mirage Tower in a desert of the Hoenn region has disappeared." I mean, it's just one reference that's not post-game, but still.

As far as the mystery of the Champion position, though, something that I've pondered is doing something like BW did with Drayden and Iris, only this time it would be a substantial difference. Something like Steven as Champion in one version with Wallace being Champion in the other, keeping them both relevant and maintaining Juan as leader? Then the one who isn't Champion could be battled post-game. I'm kind of stretching things a bit here, but I'd be impressed if they did something like that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Soo.. anyone think corocoro's gonna have new info? Or maybe updated artwork. Id like to see Brenden and May's new artwork personally.

The next CoroCoro issue should have more OR/AS information imo. I'd at least like screen-shots of the playable characters roaming around Hoenn to showcase the graphics.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Well, we do have one Backpacker in the Desert Resort in B2/W2 making a direct reference to Emerald's Mirage Tower, I'm assuming he's referring to that too. Says something like "The Mirage Tower in a desert of the Hoenn region has disappeared." I mean, it's just one reference that's not post-game, but still.

I was referring to both that and to the Aqua/Magma grunts that appear in Icirrus City. They both mention their teams' respective plans, but only in Emerald did both teams have a "plan." In RS, the opposite team only existed to stop the main team.

Last edited:

R_N

The next CoroCoro issue should have more OR/AS information imo. I'd at least like images of the playable characters roaming around Hoenn to showcase the graphics.

2 page spread saying the games exist, with the artwork of groudon & kyogre from the box arts while still images of their emergence act as boarders.
A bunch of punctionation and could these be megas???????????????? will be all over the page

nothing else

SoulSilver Eric

I full on expect a remake that is in essence Ruby and Sapphire, but has additions like the Battlefrontier and other additions from Emerald. I do hope however that Sceptile and Swampert get mega-evolutions as well. Also, I can't wait to see what the enviornments look like. I always felt that Hoenn looked alot more interesting of a region because of the different areas and the pokemon associated with those areas. Additionally, I wonder how contest will be.

shadowF

I think in the end it will be the main plot will be just like the ruby and sapphire versions with an additional content of the new forms with the post game and this is me wishful thinking that it will be just like the emerald post game! with the battle frontier and the apprentice.

Some Personal Desires/Expectations for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
-More frequent double battles. Emerald was great at increasing the amount of double battles in Hoenn, and i'd expect to see the same amount of double battles in the remakes of the games that introduced the battle mode.
-R/S Leaders and E4 (Please!) I disliked in Emerald how the last gym leader and the champion used the same type of pokemon. Plus, i'm a little biased and i like Steven as a Champion.
-R/S Storyline. Liked the personal confrontation with Kyogre/Groudon in Sootopolis for each version, though Emerald's confrontation between the two mascots with Rayquaza intervening was great as well.
-elimination of the altering cave. Whereas in R/S/E it was used to find different pokemon via mystery gift, i think the location of where it is now could be re-purposed as the lair of Regigigas. Expounding on this, i think Regigas should be an added in-game event legendary given the three Regis were introduced in Hoenn.
-New Battle Frontier facilities. Though a lot of the Battle Factory facilities were great, i think there should be different facilities to mark the changes that the game has undergone overtime. But that's just me.
-Mega evolutions for Sceptile, Swampert, Groudon, Kyogre, Eon Duo.
-Named Team Executives (i.e. Shelly, Tabitha) will be present like in HGSS and have their own character models.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
2 page spread saying the games exist, with the artwork of groudon & kyogre from the box arts while still images of their emergence act as boarders.
A bunch of punctionation and could these be megas???????????????? will be all over the page

nothing else

I'm placing bets than R_N has this spot on, who wants to wager?

What was shown on Get TV is basically what I expected: nothing.

penguin100

Avid Pokemon Master
So this new footage only showcased the new 3d sprites of kyogre and groudon in motion, I guess that will hold me over. for a few minutes
they better release at least some screenshots or a montage video featuring the routes, because im more interested in those than anything.
also, everyone is saying they are going to bring the BF from emerald and put it in the new games, and I don't think they will do that

although I would love to see it happen, I think they will do a battle tower set up similar to how the battle maison is in x/y, with the same 4 modes(now with the super option of course), new rooms for the triple and rotation battles and maybe some new frontier brains to head them off? idk, that idea even sounds outlandish to me
but there is one thing not many people are considering, and its the fact that since R/S/E there were 2 new battle types introduced
maybe for this reason they will bring emerald's battle frontier back into it and then tack on 2 new facilities dedicated to the new battles
we all just need some more information!

Ilan

Since groudon and kyogre are getting megas and probably sceptile too I excpect some type changes in their megas.
Groudon-ground/fire,cause he activates the sun dammit he never got to really use drought effectivally like kyogre cause he never got STAB on fire type.
Kyogre-water/electric who wouldn't want to have STAB 100% accuracy thunder from the rain starter? specially after the nerf to rain,oh and it will give groudon a fighting chance since now he would be weak to ground.
Sceprile-common you made charizard dragon now make him too he deserves it as the only single typed hoenn starter! and yeah he can be dragon if he mega evolves also give him a useful ability.

I hope mega groundon and kyogre get to keep their abilities.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Status
Not open for further replies.