• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybobjoefizz

Call me nick. K? k.
I don't think that Groudon and Kyogre are specifically getting megas. Cause the box art versions dont look too mega-y.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
The only Megas I expect are-

Swampert
Sceptile
Sableye
Tropius
Gallade

And wow that cutscene is just to much *.* I was like AHH MA GOD. That is some beautiful stuff :*)

diakyu

Oh my god this "It's to simple to be a mega" is actually happening. I guess Aerodactyl, Gardevoir, and Absol never got megas.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Oh my god this "It's to simple to be a mega" is actually happening. I guess Aerodactyl, Gardevoir, and Absol never got megas.

Eh, those are actually noticeable changes. But alas, this conversation has been bled dry already and shouldn't be picked up again. The world is torn in that sentiment, I for one am on the side of the NOT megas, you obviously are in the ARE.
We should all agree to disagree, but regardless of the case it's a fact theres no "CONFIRMATION" that they are megas, just that there are changes. Now what those changes mean we won't know until they reveal it. For now, nothing is confirmed and should be left at that.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

What they mean is, Mega Aerodactyl/Gardevoir/Absol's body shapes actually changed. Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre's bodies are exactly the same as regular Groudon/Kyogre's, but their patterns are different. However, that simply is as much of a change as Reshiram and Zekrom's Overdrive modes.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I really hope mega Sableye never exists, Mega Banette is already having trouble not looking completely outclassed by it.

I've come to love Sableye lol he's such a little troll. Prankster Recover | W-O-W | Taunt haha.

I think there will be megas, where do you think Latiasite and Latiosite are going to come from?

My own PERSONAL theory, that they'll be given out like the Torchic release for X/Y. With the release of AS/OR you'll get to download one Lati@s into your game through an event holding its respective stone for a short time while the event lasts.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think there will be megas, where do you think Latiasite and Latiosite are going to come from?

Wi-Fi distribution?

And then there's the whole matter of, "If they included the Latiasite and Latiosite in the XY code, then why didn't they include the hypothetical Sceptilite and Swampertite?"

Last edited:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Wi-Fi distribution?

And then there's the whole matter of "If they included the Latiasite and Latiosite in the XY code, then why didn't they include the hypothetical Sceptilite and Swampertite?"

Which leads to the "Well they can just patch..." discussion which people also put too much faith in. So far it's been used to patch game breaking errors never to add anything.

Lucille

Wi-Fi distribution?

And then there's the whole matter of "If they included the Latiasite and Latiosite in the XY code, then why didn't they include the hypothetical Sceptilite and Swampertite?"

Latias/Latios are popular Pokemon so maybe they plan to release for everyone who has a Gen 6 game whereas Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert would be "perks" of owning OR/AS or any(probably) future games

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Which leads to the "Well they can just patch..." discussion which people also put too much faith in. So far it's been used to patch game breaking errors never to add anything.

Yep. And then we still have the question of, "Well why didn't they just not put the Latiasite and Latiosite in XY and instead save them for the patch?" :p

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yep. And then we still have the question of, "Well why didn't they just not put the Latiasite and Latiosite in XY and instead save them for the patch?" :p

I say let us just wait and see instead of this continuous debate that never ends...

diakyu

I say let us just wait and see instead of this continuous debate that never ends...
Pretty much. Just because they haven't doesn't mean they won't. Or they haven't because they won't. Could go any way.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner

That's not really a real question though? Seems rhetorical at least. Why? because they're not going to use patches like that.
I really don't think they intend to use those patches to add anything to the game, just to fix potential problems within the game, in terms of performance issues. They added it to the code of X/Y because they planned to use them from the start, and coded them BECAUSE of it, because they weren't going to use "patches" to add items/pokemon.
Again it could be wrong, but just voicing my own opinion in the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.