• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
didnt they mention new pokemons? or were they talking about groudon and kyogre's new forma?

It's probably a new form or a mega evolution I'm guessing if XY and BW2 were anything to account by.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
All they said was, paraphrased, "they look different than they do on the game boxes", confirming the obvious.

Funny, because that's basically what the video did "LOOK, KYOGRE MAKES IT RAIN and GROUDON MAKES IT SUNNY!", as you say, confirming the obvious. hah

There is actually something we can take from this and discuss (and yes, I know the teaser was a let down, but it just awakens more hype!). As the camera view rotates during the teaser trailer, you see some form of land mass in the background. Now, I know it's a long-shot, but it actually does look like it could be a volcano - Sootopolis City? I'm saying this because how interesting would it be if we could see cities and/or landmarks in the game during battles? It would just add more of a sense of realism!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
There is actually something we can take from this and discuss (and yes, I know the teaser was a let down, but it just awakens more hype!). As the camera view rotates during the teaser trailer, you see some form of land mass in the background. Now, I know it's a long-shot, but it actually does look like it could be a volcano - Sootopolis City? I'm saying this because how interesting would it be if we could see cities and/or landmarks in the game during battles? It would just add more of a sense of realism!

I think that was a cutscene, not a battle.

Arcanineblitz

Hmm groudon gets awakened by the blue orb and kyogre by the red if i remember correctly... So what if the new forms are activated by the opposite orb like using the red orb on groudon unleashes dormant power and same for blue orb kyogre?

I think that was a cutscene, not a battle.

Battle or not, I think it would still be an interesting aspect if it were to be included. And hopefully the cutscene will be longer in the games and more interesting, because I have to say it was a bit lacklustre..

BCVM22

And hopefully the cutscene will be longer in the games and more interesting, because I have to say it was a bit lacklustre..

What they showed should be taken as nothing more than what it was, and not a direct indicator of where in the game it came from or anything of the sort. It was ten seconds of nondescript Kyogre/Groudon footage - nothing more, nothing less.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Hmm groudon gets awakened by the blue orb and kyogre by the red if i remember correctly... So what if the new forms are activated by the opposite orb like using the red orb on groudon unleashes dormant power and same for blue orb kyogre?

Actually, using the Blue Orb on Groudon or the Red Orb on Kyogre just makes them angry. The Red Orb on Groudon/Blue Orb on Kyogre summons them properly, as seen in HGSS.

Arcanineblitz

Actually, using the Blue Orb on Groudon or the Red Orb on Kyogre just makes them angry. The Red Orb on Groudon/Blue Orb on Kyogre summons them properly, as seen in HGSS.

Oh yea forgot about catching them in HGSS. I've just been thinking about possibilities other than mega since theyre putting such a big emphasis on the fact that they look different.

What they showed should be taken as nothing more than what it was, and not a direct indicator of where in the game it came from or anything of the sort. It was ten seconds of nondescript Kyogre/Groudon footage - nothing more, nothing less.

I know that, it was just a thought that I wanted to share in the discussion. We're not going to have any decent discussions if we neglect every idea simply due to the length of the teaser. When HGSS were shown on the old Pokémon show (the name slips my mind), we got 3 seconds of Gold walking around in New Bark Town followed by his Chikorita, and I'm sure that was thoroughly discussed regardless of it's length (although, yes, they did show ' more ').

I was simply stating that it would be interesting to see cities and landmarks in the background during a battle, and seeing that landmass in the teaser gave me the idea.

BCVM22

I was simply stating that it would be interesting to see cities and landmarks in the background during a battle, and seeing that landmass in the teaser gave me the idea.

And I was simply stating that there's no point in being concerned that ten seconds of footage - of indeterminate game placement, at that - looks "a bit lackluster", is all.

Arcanineblitz

I know that, it was just a thought that I wanted to share in the discussion. We're not going to have any decent discussions if we neglect every idea simply due to the length of the teaser. When HGSS were shown on the old Pokémon show (the name slips my mind), we got 3 seconds of Gold walking around in New Bark Town followed by his Chikorita, and I'm sure that was thoroughly discussed regardless of it's length (although, yes, they did show ' more ').

Yea but that was because they actually showed something new it gave people something to work with. Without any new info all we can do at this point is come up with random speculations and bring up old topics over and over again.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Oh yea forgot about catching them in HGSS. I've just been thinking about possibilities other than mega since theyre putting such a big emphasis on the fact that they look different.

Frankly, I would like to find out where the Red and Blue Orbs came from. Were they created? If so, then by who? And I wonder if the Jade Orb will be included. I doubt it, but hey.

Yea but that was because they actually showed something new it gave people something to work with. Without any new info all we can do at this point is come up with random speculations and bring up old topics over and over again.

There's going to be a lot of that over the next few weeks...
Was it the Trick House to the north of Slateport City? I think that would be interesting to see, with new puzzles and everything. I look forward to seeing the desert in it's 3D glory, with sandstorms and the sort!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
There's going to be a lot of that over the next few weeks...
Was it the Trick House to the north of Slateport City? I think that would be interesting to see, with new puzzles and everything. I look forward to seeing the desert in it's 3D glory, with sandstorms and the sort!

Speaking of Route 111 (desert), they might implement the same gimmick of Route 13 (Lumiose Badlands).

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Speaking of Route 111 (desert), they might implement the same gimmick of Route 13 (Lumiose Badlands).

Nooo, route 13 was a horrible nightmare I want to forget about. Not being able to use repel or escape battles... *shivers*

Arcanineblitz

im honestly excited to see mays hair move in the desert winds like in x and y lol i wonder if we'll actually see the goggles needed to cross the desert equipped to our player.

Status
Not open for further replies.