• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I'm talking about how they would show seasons there.

They can't really.

Oh. Your last post was unclear.
Hmmm....Probably just slightly varied wild Pokemon appearances.

ShadowKreach

I hope they atleast update a few models from X & Y. A certain Fire-Type tortoise comes to mind, especially seeing as it's a Gym Leader's signature Pokemon in this game.

I'm talking about how they would show seasons there.

They can't really.

They could perhaps add a little bit of ice floating around in the northern areas near Shoal Cave in the winter. A bit more ice in Hoenn would be welcome. And aside from on the ocean, perhaps Mt. Chimney could get a bit of snow on top.

Last edited:

Cahlum

Hoenn just doesn't suit seasons at all. Its a tropical island, can't imagine it ever snowing there. I am looking forward to it looking more tropical like how in HGSS they made Johto look old Japanese style.

maxtvgame

All those hints in X and Y make me think they've been working on these games quite some time now, they might've chosen the easy way. But you never know with those guys

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Hoenn just doesn't suit seasons at all. Its a tropical island, can't imagine it ever snowing there. I am looking forward to it looking more tropical like how in HGSS they made Johto look old Japanese style.

Yeah, seasons are pretty much not returning. I love Hoenn's tropical feel, and I doubt that snow would work on some old area.

maxtvgame

I hope they atleast update a few models from X & Y. A certain Fire-Type tortoise comes to mind, especially seeing as it's a Gym Leader's signature Pokemon in this game.

I agree. For instance, the flames on the tail of charmander, they look really ugly in my opinion.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

I felt Camerupt would suit better, just because he looks more threatening than a Fire Tortoise. I always had more trouble with her Camerupt than her Torkoal.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Unclear? Hardly, I responded to your post which was talking about seasons. You were probably just quick to respond.

I could see them doing that with or without seasons.

Agree to disagree.
But yeah, floating ice sounds like a fresh idea.

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
(hello, everyone)

I love those water routes. But for new things, perhaps a few tiny islands or rocks or something....
I hope for a drastic improvement here. If the long water routes return, I want to see coral reefs, bays, more diving locations, different rock structures, etc so it doesn't feel as though you're sailing forever in water purgatory.

As for seasons returning... probably not. Hoenn would have such low seasonality anyway being tropical. Going off of Bolt the Cat, I could see some impressive overworld weather effects though.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
(hello, everyone)

I hope for a drastic improvement here. If the long water routes return, I want to see coral reefs, bays, more diving locations, different rock structures, etc so it doesn't feel as though you're sailing forever in water purgatory.

As for seasons returning... probably not. Hoenn would have such low seasonality anyway being tropical. Going off of Bolt the Cat, I could see some impressive overworld weather effects though.

(Hey!)

Yeah, those water suggestions sound great, especially for Hoenn's theme. If it does not change the game too much, I would like these.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I feel like they probably will, I know they didn't have them in original Gen 3 but now they are just so standard

Day/Night cycles? I always liked them.
But will they be in the new games? I doubt it myself, but they might for all we know....Could open up more ways to get more Pokemon.

maxtvgame

I hope so. I hope this time there is enough to do after finishing the league. I can remember from the old games that the game was basically done for me after the league. There wasn't that much to do

R_N

They could at least add a day and night cyclus..

They're using the same engine as XY and the system has a built in clock. There's no reason to think it wont other than irrational WELL THE ORIGINAL RS DIDNT HAVE IT fears

oh whats the point, we went through this for HGSS, BW1, BW2 AND XY

Status
Not open for further replies.