• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowKreach

I'm hoping that at least some of the water routes around Mossdeep City are replaced with more of a Mangrove-like area on the whole, rather than just a few Mangrove trees spread around.
Another thing that might be good is if they make some shallow water patches with wild Pokemon in them. I can totally imagine walking through the shallows and encountering a Shellos, Krabby or Skrelp. It'd certainly help with the whole "Water-Type diversity" problem.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Because the water routes we have are incredibly boring. It's long straight of water connected to a long straight of water. There's dive spots, but those aren't varied enough and most require a second run through. Sometimes you'll get some shallow water.

I mean look at this
600px-Hoenn_Route_124_RSE.png

Look at how bland this is.

600px-Hoenn_Route_127_E.png

This is kind of better, we got like mangroove trees and some rocks, but it's still visually bland

And since they wanted an equal number of water routes, you have the ridiculousness that is routes 129-131, which is just one long straight stream of water routes. And there is NOTHING THERE except for the Sky Tower on 131. 130 is literally just a corridor and the first thing that comes to mind when I think "Hoenn Water Routes"
800px-Hoenn_Route_130_RSE.png

And in addition to that, a lot of the trainers are swimmers & fishermen who are invariably going to have the same bunch of water pokemon. *But* at least the shallows allow for breeders & ace trainers and so on.

The absolute worst thing that makes everything just come together and be all samey forever is the pokemon. Hoenn's got a lot of water types but they're spread out across 3 fishing rods, surfing and diving. So all you're going to find are Tentacool, Wingull and Pelipper. And I think all within the same level ranges. All the pokemon games have this problem, but they hide it better by not having as many water routes

I apologise, I should have worded my original post a lot better - I meant if they had some interesting water and coastal landmarks thrown in there, I think that the water is just as good as the land, or perhaps even better.

The trainers, yes I agree with, (Electrode was pretty over levelled by the time I got to the Pokemon League) but the Pokemon, hopefully with a bigger Dex they can increase its variety.

The Slateport-Dewford route and Pacifilidog-Slateport route (I forget the names, and it's easier like this) and the area around Mossdeep were good though, and perhaps with a few more volcanoes, grottoes, caverns, islands, shallows we'd be fine! May be another island that has been colonised, who knows?

ShadowKreach

It wouldn't be a remake then, right?

Well, being that the entire point of a remake is to update and improve everything so that it's up to standard, they could potentially change quite a lot of things. They just choose not to for some reason.
But yeah, if you ask me, changing the water routes, however drastically, would probably be a bit of an improvement.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
put all the Mega Stones in sea routes

oh, you don't really feel like going by all of those rocks and Swimmers? no Mega Aggron for you, loser

billybobjoefizz

Call me nick. K? k.
put all the Mega Stones in sea routes

oh, you don't really feel like going by all of those rocks and Swimmers? no Mega Aggron for you, loser

Thanks, satan.
I think that they'll only involve other pokemon post game, to stay more true to R/S

Aurath8

A remake doesn't have to remain 100% true to the original. That would be a port.

Honestly I hope for it to be more different. That's something I'd like the pokemon series as a whole to do. They've built up these lovely worlds, and they can simply use them again with new stories and characters. Certainly the later games have many opportunities for sequels, prequels, etc.

Moving away from my wishful thinking, GF have a real opportunity to fix some of this game's flaws like the boring sea routes, or add more depth to the story, add a proper Challenge mode. It'll still be Hoenn, but there's a chance to make this game the best it can be.

Aurath8

What if they wouldn't include the megastones? That could be a possibility, right?

There's no reason not to. They will need to have an explanation for the protagonist happening upon a Mega Ring, which appeared to be a rare artefact in Kalos. Maybe Birch is buds with Sycamore?

RieselJ315

I definitely expect Dive to make a comeback. Of course the different areas could be revamped to not need Dive, but that's no fun. It'd be interesting to get some new life breathed into the zones in the form of new 'Mon's and some items. New underwater puzzles aren't very likely, but possible.
Sadly, I see the Safari Zone turned into a Friend Safari.
I can definitely see them tacking on the Emerald postgame onto the end.
No clue on whether the opposite legendary will be available or if things like getting both fossils will happen. Hopefully.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
What if they wouldn't include the megastones? That could be a possibility, right?

not put the Mega Stones in during the storyline and only make them available post-game? maybe, possibly

not make the Mega Stones available at all? nope

Taylor516

Am I the only one who really enjoyed the water routes? They were unique to Hoenn which by itself is afterall a tropical island. I feel like if changed very drastically it wouldn't be Hoenn. Though I'm all for coral reefs, shallows, a few islands etc.

Pilpulp

美的
Am I the only one who really enjoyed the water routes? They were unique to Hoenn which by itself is afterall a tropical island. I feel like if changed very drastically it wouldn't be Hoenn. Though I'm all for coral reefs, shallows, a few islands etc.

They were my favourite part. I felt like I was on vacation in them. They just need to make them a little more detailed and different.

Aurath8

I definitely expect Dive to make a comeback. Of course the different areas could be revamped to not need Dive, but that's no fun. It'd be interesting to get some new life breathed into the zones in the form of new 'Mon's and some items. New underwater puzzles aren't very likely, but possible.

A whole city needed Dive for access. Removing it is out of the question.

Sadly, I see the Safari Zone turned into a Friend Safari.

Good riddance. Being able to catch pokemon the normal way was a godsend. I still don't know why they didn't just allow you to battle normally. With the restrictions on steps/balls and the fact you needed to pay to get in, it already is a special experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.