• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

What if they wouldn't include the megastones? That could be a possibility, right?

Ignoring any alterations made to the hoenn dex, it has 12 (+ the Lati) of the 28 megas.

Not including them (especially when they're such a heavily advertised feature with merchandise for miles) would be crazy town and put any ORAS owners at a disadvantage

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
A whole city needed Dive for access. Removing it is out of the question.

This made me laugh. Sums it up very bluntly and shortly. Brilliant! One of the best HMs in my opinion, so I don't see them getting rid of it. Flash won't make the cut I expect though.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That video said "game footage not final."

This means that we don't know if Groudon or Kyogre are going to be in yet for sure, right? I mean, they could change it.

Grey Wind

If they add more Pokemon and islands/sandbars (I wouldn't be opposed to a new town west of Evergrande somewhere) to the water routes and make them more visually appealing then I think it'd be a lot better. An island similar to that one where you get Togepi in the Battlezone with lots of trainers on it would help, and they can through in a few sandbars/shallow spots around the ocean (especially in Route 129-133) to give some non-Water type trainers. Sky trainers can appear on some rocks or something too.

Distribution wise, you still run into the too many Water types problem but some variety in the Pokemon wouldn't go amiss. Get rid of Wingull entirely (the Zigzagoon of the sea) and add Lapras, Dewgong, Seadra, Frillish and Inkay as surfable encounters. Skrelp and Tynamo can be added as underwater encounters (maybe with some trainers too?).

Honestly I hope for it to be more different. That's something I'd like the pokemon series as a whole to do. They've built up these lovely worlds, and they can simply use them again with new stories and characters. Certainly the later games have many opportunities for sequels, prequels, etc.
I agree. A changed dex is one of my biggest wants, along with different Elite Four and Aqua/Magma rosters. I'd also like Wally's storyline to be fleshed out.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

This means that we don't know if Groudon or Kyogre are going to be in yet for sure, right? I mean, they could change it.

??? Please tell me your kidding with that comment Exictable Boy.

Eruantiel

I'm hoping to one day see bathrooms in the houses. :p Always annoys me when I see bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, but no bathrooms.

ShadowKreach

I think the chances of Groudon and Kyogre being in the game are fairly good...

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I'm hoping to one day see bathrooms in the houses. :p Always annoys me when I see bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, but no bathrooms.

Good point. The closest we got to a house having a Bathroom was the Fairy Gym in X and Y.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Am I the only one who really enjoyed the water routes? They were unique to Hoenn which by itself is afterall a tropical island. I feel like if changed very drastically it wouldn't be Hoenn. Though I'm all for coral reefs, shallows, a few islands etc.

I think that a lot of people will think this. The only other large compulsory water route I can recall is in B2/W2, and we've never had another game with dive. There's so many possibilities they have with the oceanic routes this time round, so they can fix the mistakes they made before.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Am I the only one who really enjoyed the water routes? They were unique to Hoenn which by itself is afterall a tropical island. I feel like if changed very drastically it wouldn't be Hoenn. Though I'm all for coral reefs, shallows, a few islands etc.

I approve of this post.
I would like some corals reefs of islands as well. It would really break up the monotony of the sea routes.

Ilan

I guess it will follow the HGSS pattern where one box legendary was avaible early at vl 40~50 and another after the story in the 70ish.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

For all we know Latias and Latios could be the real stars of this games. Since you know
they already have confirmed megas and all.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

I think that would be a waste of data space, really. They wouldn't have any use in the games.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

The mother now having her own bed was already big, you know. Bathroom would be a big step. :p
But as said above, it'd be a waste. And these types of "needs" humans must do never come to my minds when playing Pokémon so it'd be unecessary.

Pilpulp

美的
Here is where I think we could find each megastone:

Warning: long list

Kanto Starters: Professor Birch / Oak if he makes an appearance
Alakazam: Mirage Island
Gengar: Route 123
Kangaskhan: Rustburo City
Pinsir/Heracross: Safari Zone
Gyarados: Abandoned Ship
Aerodactyl: Under the ocean somewhere (Dive)
Mewtwo: Evergrande City (Show NPC mewtwo)
Ampharos: Route 123
Scizor: Petalburg Woods
Houndoom/Manetric: New Mauville
Blaziken: Professor Birch
Gardevoir: Mossdeep City (Space station)
Mawile: Meteor Falls
Aggron/Tyranitar: Dewford Cave
Medicham: Cave of Origin
Banette: Mt. Pyre
Absol: Battle Frontier
Latias/Latios: Mossdeep City (Steven's House, or southern island)
Garchomp: Victory road
Abomasnow: Shoal Cave
Lucario: Sky tower

Yes I think exclusives will stay, and this is only the ones we know.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Speaking of Mega Stones, I wonder how GameFreak will come up with the general idea of finding the stones as an item in specific areas, excluding it is given to us by NPC's. The only way we were able to find the Mega Stones in XY were because of Anistar City's Sundial which makes an interaction with sun every 8-9PM. Otherwise, you wouldn't have any chance to find them as collective items.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Speaking of Mega Stones, I wonder how GameFreak will come up with the general idea of finding the stones as an item in specific areas, excluding it is given to us by NPC's. The only way we were able to find the Mega Stones in XY were because of Anistar City's Sundial which makes an interaction with sun every 8-9PM. Otherwise, you wouldn't have any chance to find them as collective items.

I am not sure, but it makes me think how we would find them in the new games. I would be fine with the same type of thing for these as ewll. I liked that guy's list above; I think those are fine places IF that would be how we would fine them. But would we need another thing like Anistar City's sundial? And would it be time based again?

Status
Not open for further replies.