• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope we can catch either Deoxys or Jirachi, if not both!

I agree that they should be found in OR/AS, especially Jirachi, although that's mostly because I just need a Jirachi in Gen 6. :p

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I agree that they should be found in OR/AS, especially Jirachi, although that's mostly because I just need a Jirachi in Gen 6. :p

If they introduce events in these remakes, I would be fine with Jirachi. I also like the idea of Manaphy, fitting in with all those sea routes/diving areas.
Well, that is IF they decide to put in any events.

Pilpulp

美的
A post league plot revolving around Regigigas would be nice because of the connection it has with the other Regi's since they were originally catchable only in Hoenn.

It would be even better if they give Regigigas a new forme or Mega Evo with a good ability that doesn't drag it down. Since the way the present Competitive Gameplay is like (thanks to the new Mega's) i think even a good ability won't create much of a difference for it.

Ugh Regi's, they are are probably one of the most overdone legendaries, with the exception of the Birds.

*yawn*

They aren't even special anymore.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I'm surprised we didn't get any event pokemon for XY yet. Don't we usually get at least a few every generation? We're suddenly jumping to a remake.

I want to get a special event Jirachi where it activates an event like Celebi did for HGSS.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
O god Filter Registeel...
Oh god.
Any Filter Regis.
Oh god! Filter anymon.

If anything, I think if a new ability is to be presented in these games, I'd love an ability version of Weakness Policy. You still take damage but you can keep boosting the Attack and Special Attack as you get hit by SE moves.
Maybe the ability for MegaSceptile (big IF anymore Megas are made)

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I'm surprised we didn't get any event pokemon for XY yet. Don't we usually get at least a few every generation? We're suddenly jumping to a remake.

I want to get a special event Jirachi where it activates an event like Celebi did for HGSS.

Well technically we got celebi...

Supposedly we're suppose to get that weird pink rock thing (name escapes me) somewhere around the release of the movie..

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner

Alright, if they did this, what do you suppose you would get in the remakes when you transferred the event over? Just wondering :p.

We are getting a Japanese XY event later this summer though.

Supposedly we're suppose to get that weird pink rock thing (name escapes me) somewhere around the release of the movie..

Yeah, Diancie.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3

Ok, let me correct myself. We hardly have any event pokemon from gen 6. To be fair though, all the legendaries we know of are already catchable in the game. We're getting Diancie sometimes this year. There may be more legendaries if we can trust those leaks, but I was expecting we would get those event mons before moving on to the remake. I shouldn't be complaining, but I just find it odd.

@oarfish: I'm not sure, but I want to see something pretty like a night sky event where there's a meteor shower raining down the fields. I want to see GF take advantage of the 3d functions and make something worthy. Maybe the Meteor shower will bring in Jirachi and cause those weird meteorites you see in the older games to show up. You can take those meteorites and bring it to the scientists in Mosdeep and they'll give you an item that either boosts Jirachi's power or helps him mega evolve. But while you try to retrieve those meteorites, the opposite team (Magma or Aqua) will try to reach it. Idk, I'm making this up as I go.

Last edited:

Pilpulp

美的

I assume at least Japan is getting Diancie before the end of this game to tie in with the movie.

--

To the people thinking that Lati@s (ite and pokemon) are meant for X&Y because they are in it.

That's not necessarily the case, as I doubt

(Event Legends Spoiler)
Hoopa or Volcanion

Will be released in X&Y and they are found in the game too.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I assume at last Japan is getting Diancie before the end of this game to tie in with the movie.

--

To the people thinking that Lati@s (ite and pokemon) are meant for X&Y because they are in it.

(Event Legends Spoiler)
Hoopa or Volcanion

Were there some events in the past that were not released in the first games of their generation? I thought there were....

I do wonder when those other two will be released as well.

Oh god.
Any Filter Regis.
Oh god! Filter anymon.

If anything, I think if a new ability is to be presented in these games, I'd love an ability version of Weakness Policy. You still take damage but you can keep boosting the Attack and Special Attack as you get hit by SE moves.
To be honest, Solid Rock Regirock wouldn't be too weird.

Were there some events in the past that were not released in the first games of their generation? I thought there were....

Well, Deoxys was programmed into RS, but wasn't officially revealed before FRLG.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Oh god.
Any Filter Regis.
Oh god! Filter anymon.

But... Sceptile is squishy as hell.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, Deoxys was programmed into RS, but wasn't officially revealed before FRLG.

That was what I was thinking about. I just did not recall which one it was.

Photonkrios95

There was the Azure Flute that was programmed into DPPt with was never released IIRC. But I surpose that pokemon forms are a bit different to an item that would have been used to get a pokemon that was distributed later anyway.

Pilpulp

美的

Celebi was available in G/S.

Jirachi was available in R/S

Deoxys was available in Emerald, Leaf Green and Fire Red so no it wasn't.

Darkrai was available in D/P

Shaymin was available in D/P

Arceus wasn't available until Platinum, so no it wasn't

Keldeo was available in BW

Meloetta wasn't available until BW2, so no it wasn't.

Genesect wasn't available until BW2, so no it wasn't.

and currently no X&Y legend has been given out, in any country yet. But Diancie will be available before ORAS.

Me too, and I doubt we will be able to catch
Hoopa
if it comes out in the next games, in-game in ORAS.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I assume at least Japan is getting Diancie before the end of this game to tie in with the movie.

--

(Event Legends Spoiler)
Hoopa or Volcanion

Isn't there supposed to be a couple of events in X any Y that could be linked to Hoopa and Volcanion? Having not played the games yet I've only heard about stuff, concerning blackouts and a ghost girl?

The things on the cover of OR AS do certainly look to be what might be either mega evos, or something like 'Omega Groudon' and 'Alpha Kyogre' and from looks etc. they may be Ground/Fire and Water/Electric respectively. Those types also make sense if you think of Drought and Drizzle too.

It's probably already been said that the cover images ARE certainly different to original kyogre and groudon, with the starkest part to me being the yellow glow on both of them as opposed to their red/blue constrast glow. Rayquaza has similar yellow rune things, maybe their transformation is to do with Rayquaza? It has also probably been said but there is a clear omega symbol on newgroudon's hand instead of the normal pattern and a slightly more subtle but still there, alpha symbol on newkyogre's fins- hence why I think they might be Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre.

Pilpulp

美的
Isn't there supposed to be a couple of events in X any Y that could be linked to Hoopa and Volcanion? Having not played the games yet I've only heard about stuff, concerning blackouts and a ghost girl?
There was the Azure Flute in D/P for Arceus but it was never used in that game.

storm12

Weather Bearer
There was the Azure Flute in D/P for Arceus but it was never used in that game.

hmmm that is weird how stuff is programmed then :S

I do hope that we get Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile with a Grass version of Gale Wings [to deal with Ice Shard] or atleast a priority Grass Move. It could maybe get Technician to abuse Magical Leaf [would have to get it as a level up move] and it should get Dual Chop which it should really learn anyway given its dual elbow blades. I could see it being a super fast mixed sweeper with boosts to Speed and both attacks stats, with them becoming equal.

Then Mega Swampert could maybe have Sheer Force? Or Mold Breaker? To hit levitators. Boosts to Defense, Attack, special attack I reckon. Sap Sipper would be too troll.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Celebi was available in G/S.

Jirachi was available in R/S

Deoxys was available in Emerald, Leaf Green and Fire Red so no it wasn't.

Darkrai was available in D/P

Shaymin was available in D/P

Arceus wasn't available until Platinum, so no it wasn't

Keldeo was available in BW

Meloetta wasn't available until BW2, so no it wasn't.

Genesect wasn't available until BW2, so no it wasn't.

and currently no X&Y legend has been given out, in any country yet. But Diancie will be available before ORAS.

Me too, and I doubt we will be able to catch
Hoopa
if it comes out in the next games, in-game in ORAS.

I forgot about some of those I suppose.
But I do see that it has happened several times.
As for the spoiler, I am also unsure in which future game we will be able to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.