• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennMaster

I meant that they could make the remakes specifically, not the originals set after X and Y, which if they want to add new post game content and stuff they totally could. I mean it definitely treads into Sequel territory and we know they're remakes, so they'll probably just not talk about fairy type at all.

That can't happen though. You can't have the same exact game take place in two different places in time.

I don't really think the timeline will really make a huge impact on the new games .

It doesn't have an impact overall, but having ORAS take place at the same time as XY would make it even messier than it kind of is.

Riskybiscuit

That can't happen though. You can't have the same exact game take place in two different places in time.
I know, that's why I expect them to just not talk about the things that are meant to come in later in the series, because we as a player know what they are, so in game they shouldn't have to explain it. But these forms or megas are new so you gotta ask yourself, they say remakes, but there's something clearly different so what is actually gonna be remade and what is gonna be new? I think they can open it up to allow for whatever changes they want. I don't think they should make a ton of changes, like I said I'd rather they just ignore fairies and have no one talk about them and just have them be there, but they have very clearly made a change in this game already.

Last edited:

NightFire7

I expect that Mega evos, fairies and the changes to ghost and dark will still be in the games no matter what timeline the ORAS games takes place at. They are gen 6 games and it would be weird that in the middle of a generation, some of the main changes of that gen were removed. In HGSS Aipom, yanma and Tangela could all evolve into gen 4 pokemon. I don't know, I will be interested in what timeline these games are set in. Just look at the box art of the games, Groudon and Kyogre look a lot different than what they usually look like so they may be new forms. Even though these are remakes, I doubt they are going to be the exact same game as the originals, there will be changes.

Ti4558

I almost feel like my kyorge and groudin are just alternate forms like graitina but I hope they are megas.

rocky505

If they're formes that don't require hold items(Like Kyurem or Deoxys) that will just make them even more broken in competitive uber tier, but that's if their stats are increased and not just tossed around like most forme changes.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I expect that Mega evos, fairies and the changes to ghost and dark will still be in the games no matter what timeline the ORAS games takes place at. They are gen 6 games and it would be weird that in the middle of a generation, some of the main changes of that gen were removed. In HGSS Aipom, yanma and Tangela could all evolve into gen 4 pokemon. I don't know, I will be interested in what timeline these games are set in. Just look at the box art of the games, Groudon and Kyogre look a lot different than what they usually look like so they may be new forms. Even though these are remakes, I doubt they are going to be the exact same game as the originals, there will be changes.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see mega's only appear in the post-game in a new or sub-region. After this region has been explored I'd like to see the elite 4 all have megas - Steven is crying out for mega Aggron.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I think people are putting to much thought into how they're gonna implement/explain Fairy-type/Mega Evolutions etc. I mean, we all know it's a new mechanic, GameFreak knows it's a new mechanic, why do they need to make an explanation in the game when we know outside of the game why they implemented the new typing?

I mean, remakes can rewrite what happened in the original and give it a new history. They did with HG/SS & FireRed/LeafGreen. They will rewrite it so that Fairy-types were either always there or that they were also 'recently discovered' in Hoenn. They aren't going to have this complicated reason for it. At the end of the day, these are games aimed mainly at children. They aren't going to expect children to be reaching for an answer as to why they're there. They're going to play the game and have fun playing with it.

As for Mega Evolutions, unlike Fairy-type, it wasn't claimed to be 'newly discovered' in X & Y (or it was an I've forgot). It's not something new, it's just that no one has seemed to know about it or use it in the games. I personally think they're going to have either a previous character or maybe a brand new character come in and be like 'hey- I'm from Kalos, and this is the deal with Mega Evolution'. I mean - Mega Stones could have always been there just never found or no one knew what they were so they never thought they were anything special.

TL;DR: They don't have to have a big complicated reason for it. You may think you 'deserve' an explanation but I think it's highly likely you won't get what your looking for.

Arcanineblitz

One thing that used to excite me about new games was that most pokemon in them would have new sprites do you guys think they'll touch up the models or give them some new animations?

DaggerY

Collector
The main thing I'm looking forward too is bathing in the hot springs with those old women. Highlight of the game.

DaggerY

Collector
I am also tempted to see how the battle frontier will see in 3D :D
Maybe like the Kalos League?

But will the frontier be in these games or in a later Emerald remake, I suppose they don't remake the 3rd game in a series do they.

Cryokinesis

I really want something like the Pokémon World Tournament to come back but I think they'll probably save that for Z or XY sequels if they do it.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
But will the frontier be in these games or in a later Emerald remake, I suppose they don't remake the 3rd game in a series do they.

HGSS had elements of Crystal in them. Why should it be different here?
I personally would love to see the Battle Frontier return. I mainly missed it back in Emerald, so I would like to see it here.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

They fused Crystal into HgSs

I really want something like the Pokémon World Tournament to come back but I think they'll probably save that for Z or XY sequels if they do it.

*Shudders*.. XY sequels? Prettty sure the storyline ended..

Status
Not open for further replies.