• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The reason the original R/S had no backward connectivity was partially due to the mathematical overhaul (i.e. Personality value).

They had a reason last time of why they couldn't accommodate the fans last time.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
What would it be backwords to? The first had nothing prior to it,there for your argument is invalid.

He meant the original Hoenn games, which weren't compatible with the GBC games.

Keep in mind that Mega Latios and Mega Latias still exist in X/Y, so that has to be a thing.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok i just want say STEVEN WAS CHAMPION!!! Why do you all want him to become champion again??/caps

Steven was replaced as Champion in Emerald with Wallace, so there's a chance this will stay the same.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I'll give it a month or two until we get information on what the protagonists will look like. I really hope we can continue to customize the characters for there remakes. Since Emerald gave out Johto starters post game, maybe ORAS will give us starters post game too like HGSS? Kanto is recent thanks to XY, so I was thinking maybe ORAS could give us Sinnoh starters?

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Flygon megaevo plz? Imagine how freaking amazing that precious dragon baby would look all badass and whatnot?
I would also love to see secret bases brought back
AND CONTESTS
oh my god please bring back contests

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
About this connectivity thing... it will most likely follow what XY had implemented. I don't see a reason why they would implement something on ORAS and not in XY.

Rio!

Composer
Two words: MOVE TUTORS. Not to mention the Lati Twins
and their respective Mega Stones.
Since it has already been brought up about Mega Kanga being a tad too buffed in X/Y; I wonder if the stat modifications will be made in this game.

Other than that, really looking forward to it since I kind of lost my Emerald a while back. XD

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The reason the original R/S had no backward connectivity was partially due to the mathematical overhaul (i.e. Personality value).

They had a reason last time of why they couldn't accommodate the fans last time.

Actually I think it was that Game Boy Advance couldn't connect with Bame Boy/GB Color. Yeah that was the reason, there was no device to coneect the original Game Boy line with the Advance one.

And alos because of technical limitations with the system R/S/E were on.

Mye

Someone has to win..
While it's technically not confirmed to be either. It's most certainly a remake.

They said that we're "exploring a new region", so it very easily could be both. They could rehash the 3rd gen story in kalos.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Also, the Battle Pyrmaid is still waiting for its triumphant return... It will be a shame if that thing does not return - best battle facility ever made, don't know why they never brought it back. The amount of times I rage-quitted in that place...

Torpoleon

I'm still in shock right now and my hype for E3 just escalated drastically!

I'll give it a month or two until we get information on what the protagonists will look like. I really hope we can continue to customize the characters for there remakes. Since Emerald gave out Johto starters post game, maybe ORAS will give us starters post game too like HGSS? Kanto is recent thanks to XY, so I was thinking maybe ORAS could give us Sinnoh starters?
That would be a good idea. Maybe Cynthia could even reappear to give out the starters.

Flygon megaevo plz? Imagine how freaking amazing that precious dragon baby would look all badass and whatnot?
I would also love to see secret bases brought back
AND CONTESTS
oh my god please bring back contests
Mega Flygon needs to happen! I wonder if they'll be able to add new Megas. If so, Swampert & Sceptile need them!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
They said that we're "exploring a new region", so it very easily could be both. They could rehash the 3rd gen story in kalos.

They've said no such thing. "Explore a dramatic new world." Welcome to marketing speak. They most certainly did not say there was a new region.

I was 8 in 2003 and I'm buying this game, I do not see the point you are trying to make

The point that he is rightly making is that a lot more 8-year-olds now will buy it than people your age.

LatiasLover

Pokemon Trainer
I remembered when Ruby and Sapphire first released, and this ended up being my favorite gen as well. So hyped up for this game. :)

Also as for all the anti-water talk, am I the only one who found the dreary caves in RBY worse?

Since this is a water-centric region, am I the only one hoping for customized pokemon surf icons? (Well, besides Lapris of course)

Finally I hope for companion pokemon to return from HGSS.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
It's going to be hell running into a million Tentacools again. I'm hoping for Hoenn to give us something similar to Poke-radar like HGSS did so we won't have to see the same repeats of certain species.

If I was to get a dollar every time I saw a water and trumpet meme/joke on the Internet because of the remake, I would be pretty rich by now.

BCVM22

I was 8 in 2003 and I'm buying this game, I do not see the point you are trying to make

And you're a (relative) minority. Far, far more copies of these games will be sold to today's kids than to today's late teens.

This is not to say they will sell no copies to the latter. This is not to say they will sell only a few copies to the latter. It is to say that the copies of these games sold to the former will far, far outnumber the number sold to the latter.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Actually I think it was that Game Boy Advance couldn't connect with Bame Boy/GB Color. Yeah that was the reason, there was no device to coneect the original Game Boy line with the Advance one.

And alos because of technical limitations with the system R/S/E were on.
I believe that would be another reason.

Unless they decided that because they couldn't connect with previous titles, they might as well overhaul the binary system.

master54100

nice I've been wanting a r/s remake for a while (i was little disappointed that the x and y announcement wasn't a r/s remake announcement) that said and I'm not complaining (yet) but is pokemon an annual franchise now or what? in the west it has been for 4 years so far, and we still haven't seen the probably inevitable pokemon z which wouldn't surprise me for next year, if they keep making games like x and y which were my favorite games since the original r/s then i'm fine with it, but i've also burned out on enough of my favorite franchises after they became annualized to be a little worried (looking at you assassin's creed). perhaps pokemon has been with me long enough that i'l never burn out on it there are other games from my childhood i should have burnt out on by now that i still enjoy, maybe nostalgia really is that powerful, which would also explain why i didn't enjoy black and white with their complete lack of nostalgia now that i think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.