• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Maybe after the League, there can be an arc similar to the Looker sub quests in X/Y where you hear from Steven that his job as Champion doesn't allow him to spend much time looking for rare stones and look around Hoenn for his replacement, so he can go back to his hobby while still being a powerful Trainer.

This sounds like a nice idea. I would prefer something like this will Juan or Wallace, but either way, I like it.
Perhaps one of those two could....wait, have we not gone through this already? :p

Although a NPC that travels around the region that is related to Megastones sounds cool. Maybe we could have to find this NPC during a certain type of the day. Similar to X and Y's thing.
Of course something different would be quite refreshing.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
didn't like everyone ever hate the time of day restriction on Mega Stones (and for an entirely justified reason)?

I really hope they don't bring that back

JohnBurgundy

Here's something that I think would be interesting. What if the decisions you made actually affected the story. Mayne you can choose to help Team Aqua at various points, or offer the help Team Magma, or oppose both teams. But as you progress, there are dramatic differences in the storyline. Also have it to where certain legendaries can only be obtained through certain storyline arcs. Or even a different Megastone at each Arc. With Pokebank around now, it would be simple to just transfer all of the Pokemon into the bank and start a new game to play through a different story. Include about 4-5 different endings. This will give the game added replay value.

If not that, then plenty of side quests. I liked Gen IV, with all the legendaries and the mining.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
didn't like everyone ever hate the time of day restriction on Mega Stones (and for an entirely justified reason)?

I really hope they don't bring that back

Which is why I hope they do something "refreshing and different."

Murder Doll

Button Presser
The time limit was especially silly given that the game is aimed towards kids, who are generally made to go to bed early.

May the idea be scrapped for all eternity.

Pilpulp

美的
Off topic and sort of random compared to the current discussion;

but if for whatever miracle that Jirachi is battlable in these games;
I think it's theme would go something like this [Youtube Link]

It has that shooting star feel.

They'd just have to change it to fit ORAS and add a few trumpets.

And if they'd have to use something completely new, I think it'd still sound something like that.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I don't know if I'm expressing well my thoughts, but whatever....
I can't see GF introducing new Pokèmon in a game that already came out and even less in a remake.
Besides I think it would be counterproductive for them to start putting new Pokèmon in a game that still has features introduced in the 6th gen....
I

I'm not calling anyone out or saying anyone is wrong. That was meant to generalize based on what I saw during the XY discussions. I just think we shouldn't shoot down anyone's expectations or hopes based on "patterns." It's very counter-productive.

Syril Harmonia

In that vain, i think there should be a group of "good guys" who want to stop evil against Pokemon. That way you could justify loads of double battles against Team Magma/Aqua.

If not that...then maybe getting a different story line for choosing guy/girl? Maybe different pokemon can appear...Team Magma/Aqua do different things based on your gender...etc etc.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
May wanna look at that one again.

Aw, it ate Drake's Team and Steven's name <.<
Supposed to be:
Drake: Druddigon Lv. 73, Kingdra Lv. 73, Noivern Lv. 73, Flygon Lv. 75, Dragalge Lv. 75, Salamence Lv. 77
Steven: Skarmory Lv. 77, Excadrill Lv. 76, Aggron Lv. 78, Armaldo Lv. 79, Cradily Lv. 79, Metagross Lv. 80

BCVM22

I just think we shouldn't shoot down anyone's expectations or hopes based on "patterns." It's very counter-productive.

Espousing no new Pokémon or Mega Evolutions mid-generation isn't "shoot[ing] down anyone's expectations or hopes based on 'patterns'" nor is it "counter-productive", it's the basic logic and common sense that has to come with making games in the same generation fully compatible with one another. There's a huge difference.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
In that vain, i think there should be a group of "good guys" who want to stop evil against Pokemon. That way you could justify loads of double battles against Team Magma/Aqua.

If not that...then maybe getting a different story line for choosing guy/girl? Maybe different pokemon can appear...Team Magma/Aqua do different things based on your gender...etc etc.

To be honest, I love the fact that nobody in the Pokémon games cares if you are a boy or a girl. I would like it to stay like that.

A group of good guys that fight against Team Magma/Aqua would be cool, but I am fine with having Steven Stone helping me in double battles now and then. I would like to see him more frequently, I like him a lot as a supporting character. If Looker could join us from time to time too, it would be awesome.

Pilpulp

美的
If Looker could join us from time to time too, it would be awesome.

I forgot about him,

I think his HQ would be well fit in Rustboro City, or even hidden in the trees of Fortree City.

But since people have been talking about timelines in Pokemon (not that it matters to me) but that would either mean;

A. This game takes place before Platinum and Looker is originally from Hoenn, unless stated otherwise.

or

B. These games take place after X&Y

I have no idea what either of those mean, I just thought they were interesting.

!Blue-Umbreon!

Pop Music Lover
I really hope they take the gym leader/ e4 roster from emerald. That means Juan as 8th gym leader, Walalce as champion (i probably belong to the minority here :p) and Steven as strongest trainer.
I just loved it that way lol.
Tho i like the idea that Wallace is 8th gym leader and steven champ and after beating the e4 and champ it will switch to the emerald roster.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I forgot about him,

I think his HQ would be well fit in Rustboro City, or even hidden in the trees of Fortree City.

But since people have been talking about timelines in Pokemon (not that it matters to me) but that would either mean;

A. This game takes place before Platinum and Looker is originally from Hoenn, unless stated otherwise.

or

B. These games take place after X&Y

I have no idea what either of those mean, I just thought they were interesting.

Apparentyl some GAMEFREAK employee twittered that RSE happens concurrently with RBGYFRLG.

And iirc Looker did mention having investigated other Regions so I suppose he may appear through that?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Espousing no new Pokémon or Mega Evolutions mid-generation isn't "shoot[ing] down anyone's expectations or hopes based on 'patterns'" nor is it "counter-productive", it's the basic logic and common sense that has to come with making games in the same generation fully compatible with one another. There's a huge difference.

While I can see your point about newly introduced Pokémon, no one has any validity behind saying there won't be any new megas. They just got introduced 7 months ago. We have no idea of GF's plan behind introducing anything, let alone with megas. Besides that, Mega-Latios and Latias have been all but confirmed. If we didn't get them in X or Y and a remake of the game that introduced them just so happens to be coming out in 6 months, wouldn't you say that there are more than likely to be (at the very least) 2 new megas?

Spending time shooting down ideas is no way to live. I get that people have disagreements but it's very illogical to disagree about something we know almost nothing about.

LassGabby

I wish I was a tree.
Apparentyl some GAMEFREAK employee twittered that RSE happens concurrently with RBGYFRLG.

And iirc Looker did mention having investigated other Regions so I suppose he may appear through that?

While Looker only really got a name and some character development starting on gen IV, there was a character in early generations (not sure if I or II, but he was after Team Rocket) that told the player that he was a "global police agent", like Looker also claims to be. I think Game Freak could just claim that he was there all along, we just didn't know that he was called Looker.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
While Looker only really got a name and some character development starting on gen IV, there was a character in early generations (not sure if I or II, but he was after Team Rocket) that told the player that he was a "global police agent", like Looker also claims to be. I think Game Freak could just claim that he was there all along, we just didn't know that he was called Looker.

I forgot about that original agent....Interesting.
As for Looker, it is fine with me if he returns, but I do not especially expect to see him, seeing as we just had him in the past three generations.
But it is still possible I suppose.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

Hm? There is no way that Gamefreak actually planned that is there? Could that have been early version of Looker?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Hm? There is no way that Gamefreak actually planned that is there? Could that have been early version of Looker?

I doubt that they planned this idea over all the years of the Pokemon games, but there could have been some....inspiration involved.
I am personally somewhat indifferent towards Looker. Sure, he is a nice character, but he does not really have a lasting impression for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.