• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Speaking of Flannery, I can't wait to see her in 3D *Small pervy grin*

...oh no you're one of those.

Anyways, I'm super excited for all the new potential mego-evos. I didn't like the idea much at first when it was introduced in XY, but I just love Mega Absol. <3

Also, watch your discussions you guys. Don't be inappropriate.

Quagsireking

I am the king!
This. Hopefully Flannery looks extra hot.

The wonderful thing about Flannery being a fire type gym leader is that we can make wonderful puns like this.

Digressing. What I really hope they change in the remakes are the pokemon Teams of Archie and Maxie. Because it's odd how they have only one pokemon of the respective type they represent (almost like D/P FLint...). THough it would change the hoenness of the game, I feel as though they should put the houndour line in the Dex. That way atleast team magma will have more fire type than just the numel line. Also Aqua grunts should use Corphish. It fits more than zubat IMO.

Grei

not the color
I just wanna point out that there's nothing saying that ORAS are going to re-create RSE's original story.

The announcement worded it as "a dramatic story within a spectacular new world." That seems like a weird description for a game that is just recreating an existing game.

Groudon and Kyogre appearing on the boxes as Megas is totally plausible given that we can't say with even slight assurance that ORAS is using RSE's story. "Mega Groudon/Kyogre would mess up the timeline" holds no water against the official statement, which implies that this game may have a brand new story anyway.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just wanna point out that there's nothing saying that ORAS are going to re-create RSE's original story.

They're confirmed to be remakes though, so why would OR/AS's storyline differ dramatically from the originals?

Quagsireking

I am the king!

The announcement worded it as "a dramatic story within a spectacular new world." That seems like a weird description for a game that is just recreating an existing game.

Groudon and Kyogre appearing on the boxes as Megas is totally plausible given that we can't say with even slight assurance that ORAS is using RSE's story. "Mega Groudon/Kyogre would mess up the timeline" holds no water against the official statement, which implies that this game may have a brand new story anyway.

It was confirmed that they would be remakes.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
So many people want Mega Sableye...do they not see what it'd do to banette? ;-;

If Sableye gets Mega I'm pretty sure its role would be different from Banette since it would lose its Prankster ability. Just sayin..

boisechris

The Strategist

I'm getting really tired of this, they're "FULL REMAKES". See here.

I don't know.

Scizor, Medicham, and Blaziken got to keep their best abilities upon mega evolution

Yeah, i could see Sableye keeping his ability if he got a mega evolution. It's not like he's a game-breaking uber pokemon with prankster. Is it annoying dealing with Prankster sableye? Sure, but so is prankster klefki (which i love to troll with in competitive Thunder Wave, Swagger, Foul Play, Substitute for the lols). Am i expecting Sableye to get a mega-evolution? He's a strong candidate, but i don't think we'll see one.
Might as well outline my thoughts on the possible mega-evolutions while i'm still on the topic of them. These are just for hoenn pokemon:
Flygon (Flygon could use a mega-evolution to stack up better against the pseudo-dragon brethren.)
Zangoose
Seviper
Milotic

Murder Doll

Button Presser
Yeah, i could see Sableye keeping his ability if he got a mega evolution. It's not like he's a game-breaking uber pokemon with prankster. Is it annoying dealing with Prankster sableye? Sure, but so is prankster klefki (which i love to troll with in competitive Thunder Wave, Swagger, Foul Play, Substitute for the lols). Am i expecting Sableye to get a mega-evolution? He's a strong candidate, but i don't think we'll see one.
Might as well outline my thoughts on the possible mega-evolutions while i'm still on the topic of them. These are just for hoenn pokemon:
Flygon (Flygon could use a mega-evolution to stack up better against the pseudo-dragon brethren.)
Zangoose
Seviper
Milotic

My point as that Mega Banette is already hard pressed to beat standard Sableye and thus it shouldn't get a mega.

Pilpulp

美的
I've seen many other people do these, so I guess it's my turn, there might be some similarities.

Basically I'm going to go over what I expect the character's role and/or team to be in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Really long post
Gym Leaders
Roxanne: Lv. 12 Geodude Lv. 12 Onix Lv. 15 Nosepass
Roxanne was a pretty solid first gym leader, however two Geodude is sort of repetitive, so if Onix happens to get in the games, I think it would be a good fit. If not Geodude is fine. In terms of the Gym design I think it needs to be changed to be on par with X & Y's first gym or Sinnoh's at the least.

Brawly: Lv. 19 Makuhita, Lv. 16 Meditite, Lv. 16 Machop
Not much to change here, the gym puzzle was pretty good and should stay the same.

Wattson: Lv. 20 Voltorb, Lv. 20 Chinchou, Lv. 22 Magneton Lv. 24 Manetric

I'd switch Electrike with Chinchou just to make Manetric more special and for added difficulty. The gym trainers can have that instead. The gym puzzle should definitely change. Maybe something more New Mauville 'ish'.

Flannery: Lv. 24 Slugma, Lv. 24 Houndou,r Lv. 26 Camperupt, Lv. 29 Torkoal

Switch Houndour with Numel for the same reason as before. The gym puzzle should stay the same as it was pretty solid, maybe a few extra chambers.

Norman: Lv. 27 Vigoroth, Lv. 31 Slaking, Lv. 27 Spinda, Lv. 29 Linoone

Not much to say here, again. The team is pretty solid and the difficulty is just right. They gym could be made a little more interesting, they need to match the grandeur of Kalos's.

Winona: Lv. 29 Swellow, Lv. 29 Tropius, Lv. 31 Skarmory, Lv. 30 Pellipper, Lv. 33 Altaria

The gym puzzle should definitely change. Something to incorporate heights a bit more. I found I ran throw Winona's team a lot easier than anyone else's and maybe adding a Swellow in would change that.

Liza & Tate: Lv. 42 Gallade, Lv. 42 Gardevoir, Lv. 41 Xatu, Lv. 41 Claydol

This was hard to change. Gallade and Gardevoir really fit them, but I'm keeping Xatu and Claydol over a lower leveled Lunatone and Solrock because of the EQ gimmick. I don't want them to lose their strength and I think this is a good way to keep it. The gym design should take Ruby and Sapphires, simply because it would look quite cool with X & Y s graphics.

Juan: Lv. 44 Mega-Gyarados, Lv. 42 Kingdra, Lv. 41 Wishcash, Lv. 41 Luvdisc

Another hard one to do, the 8th Gym Leader really needs a Mega this time around. Unless they make a Mega Kingdra, Mega Gyarados should do the trick, I made it so his old signature will still be apart of his team, but eliminated a 5th member due to Gyarados. The gym should reflect Sootopolis a bit more, and perhaps utilize dive.

Elite Four + Champion
The gyms should stay in a pre-set order with grand staircase's to the next member reflecting their team. The rooms should also be greatly improved.
All Elite Four should also have a mega.

Sidney: Lv. 47 Mega-Absol, Lv. 46 Shiftry, Lv. 46 Cacturne, Lv. 47 Cradaunt, Lv. 45 Mightyena

Not much too explain here, except obvious level changes for the inclusion of Mega-Absol.

Pheobe: Lv. 49 Mega-Banette, Lv. 48 Dusknoir, Lv. 46 Dusclops, Lv. 46 Sableye, Lv. 55 Mismagius

Obviously the repeats had to go, so I added Mega-Banette as her Mega, and Mismagius instead of the other Banette, as well as Dusknoir instead of a second Dusclops.

Glacia: Lv. 51 Mega-Abomnasnow*, Lv. 50 Walrein, Lv. 49 Froslass, Lv. 49 Mamoswine, Lv. 48 Sealeo

The queen of repeats lost her throne and now has a Froslass and Mamoswine instead. As well as a Mega-Abomnasnow, which I have no faith of being in ORAS but it's the only ice type mega, or heck, the only mega that could be put on her team without raising eyebrows. So until we get a Mega-Weavile or something, this will have to do, if the Elite Four members end up having Megas. I think the only thing stopping this is Glacia.

Drake: Lv. 51 Shelgon, Lv. 52 Flygon, Lv. 53 Altaria, Lv. 53 Kingdra, Lv. 54 Mega-Garchomp

Again, not many choices for a mega unless they add new ones. Other than that the only difference is small level changes and no Salamence.

Steven: Lv. 57 Mega-Aggron, Lv. 57 Metagross, Lv. 55 Cradily, Lv. 55 Armaldo, Lv. 54 Claydol

Mega-Aggron as the Mega, level changes, blah blah blah. He'll definitely be getting a Mega and if Metagross doesn't it will be Aggron.

Other Characters
Wallace He will probably be helping you along your quest and telling you all the lore about the weather trio.
Wally I don't want to do a whole team with him, but he probably won't get a Mega-Gardevoir as we just had Diantha, so his team will probably be similar.
Brendan/May If they stay the same as R/S/E no Mega Evolutions for the other starters. But if they become battable again, they probably will make Megas for Sceptile and Swampert, and they will have the respective Mega.

I got really tired at the end of writing this and you might be able to notice that lol. So the levels will be off, the teams might not make sense, and neither do the Megas, but one can wish, and if anyone can pull it off it's Gamefreak, so if you don't agree with anything above please don't freak out. There might be some good ideas.

My point as that Mega Banette is already hard pressed to beat standard Sableye and thus it shouldn't get a mega.
I sense a bit of favoritism towards Mega-Banette by you, friend. Either that or a strong distaste for Sableye which makes your argument invalid. You're arguing that a pokemon shouldn't get a mega-evolution because Banette can't counter it well. If that was the reason as to why a pokemon wouldn't get a mega-evolution, we wouldn't have many mega evolutions.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I sense a bit of favoritism towards Mega-Banette by you, friend. Either that or a strong distaste for Sableye which makes your argument invalid. You're arguing that a pokemon shouldn't get a mega-evolution because Banette can't counter it well. If that was the reason as to why a pokemon wouldn't get a mega-evolution, we wouldn't have many mega evolutions.

It's not that I dislike Sableye or have any problems with it countering Mega Bannete.

My problem it that Sableye pretty much already does everything Mega Banette does but better (excluding priority DB which is overrated)

To the best of my knowledge megas are suppose to make pokemon viable, not subtract from the viability of others.

This is why I think Sableye getting a mega shouldn't happen, it would make it so they may as well have never given Banette one.

Status
Not open for further replies.