• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybobjoefizz

Call me nick. K? k.
attachment.php

Well this is the list. It includes Groudon and Kyogre.

I don't see swampert. That bothers me.
But it does say plusle and minun, which is kind of hard to believe honestly, but I welcome the idea. and Jynx. They're missing some of the mega evolutions too. It only says
Latias, Latios, Charizard, Gengar, Jynx, Gyarados, Ampharos, Scizor, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Medicham, Banette, Abomasnow, Kyogre, Blaziken, Pinsir, Aerodactyl, Houndoom, Groudon, Kangaskhan, Aggron, Plusle, Minun, Rayquaza, Sceptile, Blastoise, Absol, Heracross.
That leaves out Venusaur, Mawile, Manectric, Alakazam, Mewtwo, Garchomp, and Lucario. Which means that either the list is fake or incomplete, right?
(I'd like to also add that the amount of "new" mega evolutions excluding lati@s amount to the same mega evolutions that are missing. 7.)

TL;DR
This list doesn't seem accurate.

R_N

I think it's probably less a list of mega evolutions [it's explicitly not all of them, incidentally, we went through that rigamarole in XY's prerelease] and more possible mega evolutions
Like they had a bunch of ideas, but weren't sure which ones would go forward.

Also to be clear, the list is real. Those are genuine trademarks. I believe they were specifically filed for marketing or something

e: To be more clear its not like they were trademarked as "mega [pokemon]"

I don't think that Unown should be obtainable in-game, rather that it should be from trade/migration.
I wouldn't mind having Unown obtainable in the game, but probably in some post-game area. I'd still love to see the Sevii Islands remade (Tanoby Chambers for Unown?), but if not that, then something else could work.

Toy Soldier Mafia

I wouldn't mind having Unown obtainable in the game, but probably in some post-game area. I'd still love to see the Sevii Islands remade (Tanoby Chambers for Unown?), but if not that, then something else could work.

Yes, please. I have always thought it would have been cool if Emerald had been made before FRLG so the Battle Frontier could be played again, but across the Sevii Islands instead of in one place... I kind of feel old thinking how long it's been since I thought that. o.o

Of course, I want a frontier that honors both Hoenn and Sinnoh. And maybe features like PWT and White Tree Hollow/Black Tower implemented into one or all the facilities. Though the latter would be better as its own facility.

Seven updated facilities from around the Pokémon world spread out across a series of islands, out of reach until you become the champion. My little, nerd self from 2005 would be very happy about that.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The main reason why I want Unown to be available post-game is for the sake of accessibility, especially to newcomers.

Would you rather go through the hassle of playing through HGSS, then transferring them over a Gen 5 game, then transferring them over again into the Bank?

Aielyn

Sheer number isn't really the issue, it's about balance and variety. Look at some of the past regional dex expansions. The Sinnoh Dex was expanded because some types were lacking in DP, to the point where there were only two Fire types (one of which was a starter!). The Unova Dex was expanded because people were complaining about being forced to use only new Pokemon in BW1. It's all about improving your options. Now looking at Hoenn's Dex, there's too main problems with the distribution. The first is that, like Sinnoh's, there's a lack of variety in types. There's only 2 Ice types (Walrein and Glalie), 4 Ghost types (Shedinja, Sableye, Banette, and Dusclops), 4 Dragon types (Altaria, Flygon, Kingdra, and Bagon), and 4 Fairy types (Gardevoir, Azumarill, Mawile, and Wigglytuff). Ideally, there should at least be 5-6 of each type, so all of these need more new families. Second, there's a lack of variety in the distribution. This mainly applies to the Water routes which are primarily just Tentacool and Wingull, but also other areas to a lesser degree. Some areas such as Scorched Slab and Rt. 123 are fairly pointless areas, and could use some good exclusive Pokemon to entice people to visit them. Take a look at my Dex idea

I agree that the game needs to have a wider variety of pokemon available... but there are certain limitations in terms of pre-E4 content. There's only one small ice-based location in the Shoal Cave. You can't just stuff it to the brim with Ice types. Similarly, the region where you'd expect Dragon types in most games (near the E4) is all water, so it's harder to fit dragon types into the set (also, you forgot Lati@s and Rayquaza on the list of Dragon types). There's certainly room for a few more Ghost types, though. Fairy types are a little harder to call, since the type didn't exist in the original, and there aren't that many to begin with - not expanding the Fairy lineup immediately seems fine, to me - let there be more post-E3.

With a little more pondering, I think I'd make a few changes to my suggestion. Replace Mantyke/Mantine with Frillish/Jellicent (that's +1 Ghost type) - indeed, Jellicent would be great in the water around Mt Pyre and perhaps on Route 130 (because it's near Mirage Island), and it's a line not available in X/Y. Misdreavus would be a nice addition to Mt Pyre itself, and could replace Meowth on my list. That would sufficiently build the Ghost type lineup, in my opinion. For Ice types, adding Seel/Dewgong should be sufficient (in addition to Lapras) - I'd replace Cherubi with it. Going through similarly to your list, here are the pokemon I'd add:

Skrelp: Underwater in Ocean [AS]
Clauncher: Underwater in Ocean [OR]
Alomomola: Route 128
Jellicent: Routes 122 and 130
Lapras: Route 125
Houndour: Route 112
Larvesta: Mt Chimney (added patch of grass)
Heatmor/Durant: Desert Underpass (replacing Whismur/Loudred)
Regigigas: Sealed Chamber or deep within Desert Underpass
Sunkern: Route 103
Hippopotas: Route 111 Desert
Shellos: Route 103 Surf (West Sea), Sootopolis City Surf (East Sea)
Deerling: Route 110?
Bouffalant: Safari Zone
Tynamo: New Mauville
Dewgong: Shoal Cave
Stantler: Safari Zone
Unown: Altering Cave
Porygon: Gift from Norman on return to home after beating his gym
Misdreavus: Mt Pyre
Ditto: Desert Underpass
Smeargle: Altering Cave
Kangaskhan: Safari Zone

Beyond that, I'd also move some pokemon around.

EDIT: On a related topic, what should happen with Altering Cave? I think it should get a couple of new pokemon in it, and then get pokemon showing up based on streetpass data.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I agree that the game needs to have a wider variety of pokemon available... but there are certain limitations in terms of pre-E4 content. There's only one small ice-based location in the Shoal Cave. You can't just stuff it to the brim with Ice types. Similarly, the region where you'd expect Dragon types in most games (near the E4) is all water, so it's harder to fit dragon types into the set (also, you forgot Lati@s and Rayquaza on the list of Dragon types). There's certainly room for a few more Ghost types, though. Fairy types are a little harder to call, since the type didn't exist in the original, and there aren't that many to begin with - not expanding the Fairy lineup immediately seems fine, to me - let there be more post-E3.

With a little more pondering, I think I'd make a few changes to my suggestion. Replace Mantyke/Mantine with Frillish/Jellicent (that's +1 Ghost type) - indeed, Jellicent would be great in the water around Mt Pyre and perhaps on Route 130 (because it's near Mirage Island), and it's a line not available in X/Y. Misdreavus would be a nice addition to Mt Pyre itself, and could replace Meowth on my list. That would sufficiently build the Ghost type lineup, in my opinion. For Ice types, adding Seel/Dewgong should be sufficient (in addition to Lapras) - I'd replace Cherubi with it. Going through similarly to your list, here are the pokemon I'd add:

Skrelp: Underwater in Ocean [AS]
Clauncher: Underwater in Ocean [OR]
Alomomola: Route 128
Jellicent: Routes 122 and 130
Lapras: Route 125
Houndour: Route 112
Larvesta: Mt Chimney (added patch of grass)
Heatmor/Durant: Desert Underpass (replacing Whismur/Loudred)
Regigigas: Sealed Chamber or deep within Desert Underpass
Sunkern: Route 103
Hippopotas: Route 111 Desert
Shellos: Route 103 Surf (West Sea), Sootopolis City Surf (East Sea)
Deerling: Route 110?
Bouffalant: Safari Zone
Tynamo: New Mauville
Dewgong: Shoal Cave
Stantler: Safari Zone
Unown: Altering Cave
Porygon: Gift from Norman on return to home after beating his gym
Misdreavus: Mt Pyre
Ditto: Desert Underpass
Smeargle: Altering Cave
Kangaskhan: Safari Zone

Beyond that, I'd also move some pokemon around.

EDIT: On a related topic, what should happen with Altering Cave? I think it should get a couple of new pokemon in it, and then get pokemon showing up based on streetpass data.

I'm surprised you planned to add Larvesta at Mt. Chimney. That's a bit early in the game, don't you think? For the most part, I agree with most of your predictions and I think the list looks great. Now that I think about it, I remembered being surprised that you couldn't get Eevee in RSE, but that might be because of the lack of day and night in the game. I wonder if you can get Eevee in ORAS.

Nockturne

If we do get a post game roaming legend, I reeeeally hope they don't do that super annoying thing from X/Y with the 10 encounters. And if mega evos are included I'm all for getting the stones ASAP. I mean we already have them in X/Y so they aren't that mysterious and tantalising anymore, so just gives us them early.

Also I'd just like to say I have the entire Unown alphabet sitting in their own little box in my X game, cuz apparently I was super forward thinking when I played through Diamond.

BCVM22

If we do get a post game roaming legend, I reeeeally hope they don't do that super annoying thing from X/Y with the 10 encounters.

Doesn't that ultimately work better, though? It takes longer and getting to the battle is more tedious, but the eventual encounter is stationary and standard and doesn't require the rigmarole of Block/Mean Look/Arena Trap/whatever that ultimately results in the bugger fleeing another few times anyway.

Arcanineblitz

If we do get a post game roaming legend, I reeeeally hope they don't do that super annoying thing from X/Y with the 10 encounters. And if mega evos are included I'm all for getting the stones ASAP. I mean we already have them in X/Y so they aren't that mysterious and tantalising anymore, so just gives us them early.

Also I'd just like to say I have the entire Unown alphabet sitting in their own little box in my X game, cuz apparently I was super forward thinking when I played through Diamond.

I think the XY roaming thing was really cool it gave us the option to soft reset if we wanted it shiny or with good evs.

aerial_ace

One of my main wants is an update on castform. I hope this little fella will get stats update once its in different form(different stats for different form it would make it really special) maybe a new ability once its transformed. I always like castform but its stats are just horrible.

R_N

Doesn't that ultimately work better, though? It takes longer and getting to the battle is more tedious, but the eventual encounter is stationary and standard and doesn't require the rigmarole of Block/Mean Look/Arena Trap/whatever that ultimately results in the bugger fleeing another few times anyway.

On the other hand, you can't even try to catch
You MUST track them down 10 times, with no option to trap them or hit them with status or even throwing a quick ball

If they merged the two, it'd be fine. If you catch it before 10, great, sweet, no harm done; if you take longer, then at least you've likely weakened it and now can try it at your own pace.

BCVM22

On the other hand, you can't even try to catch
You MUST track them down 10 times, with no option to trap them or hit them with status or even throwing a quick ball

I honestly didn't mind that one bit. It reduces the roaming to being a means to an end.

Sour Monster

Kinda changing the subject, sorry! But, with customization (if it's in and I hope it is), I hope they allow more options at the start of the game. Like allow us to choose eye/hair colour and not have it bound to the skin colour until later on. It'd be nice if they went as far as face type too. Like Dragon Quest IX for example.

dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies-20100519101930350.jpg

You could choose a face type that gave you different shaped eyes and such. There are many different eye types in Pokemon, be nice to choose them. I'm doubtful they will go that far with it though. But I'm hoping. :3

I hope the intro before the title screen is done the same or similar too. Minor thing really but I loved that in R/S/E. The music as the raindrops drip down the leaves is lovely.

Nockturne

I guess, but I just found it annoying after a while. I'd have liked at least one turn to try and catch it before it scarpered. But then again that means you could Mean Look it and then it defeats the purpose and sense of achievement of chasing it all over Kalos, which I assume is what they were going for.

But I never have too much trouble with roaming legendaries so it just got way tedious for me.

Oooo, I just thought (and I don't think I've seen this discussed but it probs has because everything has) do you reckon hordes and sky battles will be coming back?

If hordes do return I hope they use different Pokémon, like Plusle/Minun and Gulpin (off the top of my head) already have hordes in X/Y so it would be cool to see some other Pokemon en mass

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
If hordes do return I hope they use different Pokémon, like Plusle/Minun and Gulpin (off the top of my head) already have hordes in X/Y so it would be cool to see some other Pokemon en mass
That's almost a given, as many of the aquatic Pokémon available in Hoenn do not have their Hidden Abilities in X/Y. This is especially true for the three underwater lines, all of the fishable Pokémon and some surfing Pokémon(read, Tentacool and Goldeen). This was obviously done to give more reason to buy the OR/AS, alongside the overall unavailablity of many Hoenn dex Pokémon.

As for terrestial horde encounters... there are still some Hoenn Pokémon with unavailable Hidden Abilties but otherwise I imagine they will match X/Y hordes more or less, as many of the Pokémon available there are not available in Friend Safari. Especially in the case of Plusle/Minun and Zangoose.

Of course, if many of the unavailable Pokémon are added to Hoenn Dex or post-E4, we will see their hordes as well.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm surprised you planned to add Larvesta at Mt. Chimney. That's a bit early in the game, don't you think?

If you think it will be OP........well, not really, when you remember it takes an incredibly long time until it evolves anyway.

Mt. Chimney means it will most likely be level 25 at most, and it doesn't evolve until level 59. Also, the stats. Larvesta uses Attack while Volcarona uses Special Attack. If you want a Volcarona with the best Nature, that means you'll be stuck with a weak Larvesta until it evolves. And then there's the selection of moves. If GF use the same level-up list as X/Y, Larvesta won't learn anything good until level 30 (Flame Charge), and it takes another 10 level until it learns Bug Bite. Good luck getting Flamethrower TM in the Game Corner - assuming that place still exist.

Besides, there's no other suitable place for it. Unless they want to add a place with a bunch of torches on Mt. Pyre.

The main reason why I want Unown to be available post-game is for the sake of accessibility, especially to newcomers.

Would you rather go through the hassle of playing through HGSS, then transferring them over a Gen 5 game, then transferring them over again into the Bank?

I actually did that just so I can have various Unown in Apricorn balls lol

Akashin

If you think it will be OP........well, not really, when you remember it takes an incredibly long time until it evolves anyway.

Mt. Chimney means it will most likely be level 25 at most, and it doesn't evolve until level 59. Also, the stats. Larvesta uses Attack while Volcarona uses Special Attack. If you want a Volcarona with the best Nature, that means you'll be stuck with a weak Larvesta until it evolves. And then there's the selection of moves. If GF use the same level-up list as X/Y, Larvesta won't learn anything good until level 30 (Flame Charge), and it takes another 10 level until it learns Bug Bite. Good luck getting Flamethrower TM in the Game Corner - assuming that place still exist.

Besides, there's no other suitable place for it. Unless they want to add a place with a bunch of torches on Mt. Pyre.

Not to mention, it's not all that much different than the level 35 Volcarona you have access to in BW2, so it's not like it's an unheard of idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.