• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I see no reason why they'd backpedal now. I don't see anything wrong with X/Y's menu anyway.

sheld999

i hope they add more bike tricks in it or more rollerblades( if they add them in )

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
If rollerskates are included I hope they give an option to turn them off that doesn't include the D-Pad...

I so agree. I am pretty sure I have stated my opinions on this a while back, but it was basically this: People complain about things that are forced on them and always want options. Options, in my opinion, are good things.

sheld999

The main reason why I want Unown to be available post-game is for the sake of accessibility, especially to newcomers.

Would you rather go through the hassle of playing through HGSS, then transferring them over a Gen 5 game, then transferring them over again into the Bank?

i would like to see them back also but if they give u a better prize this time round lol

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Back on the topic of the Pokedex expansion.

What if they've decided to bring all Pokemon from Gen 1-3 (except Gen 1 & 2 Legendaries) into the Hoenn Dex, leaving out a huge selection of Gen 4-6 for post-game? What are your thoughts?

EDIT: On a related topic, what should happen with Altering Cave? I think it should get a couple of new pokemon in it, and then get pokemon showing up based on streetpass data.

This feature was actually unused and kinda pointless, especially in Emerald. All the secret Pokemon you can obtain here can be easily obtained at the post-game Safari and Artisan Cave.

I think this should be removed. But yeah, I guess Streetpass can be utilized for this.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Back on the topic of the Pokedex expansion.

What if they've decided to bring all Pokemon from Gen 1-3 (except Gen 1 & 2 Legendaries) into the Hoenn Dex, leaving out all Gen 4-6 for post-game? What are your thoughts?
Yes. I think like that too. But searching all the Pokemon in post game would be a little boring.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I'd be cool with that honestly, it'd make sense as pokemon have been shown to be in multiple regions.

Plus G1-G2 pokemon pretty much should have been in already. (although skarmory and some others made it in)

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yes. I think like that too. But searching all the Pokemon in post game would be a little boring.

I fixed my post.
I didn't mean ALL. But still a good amount.

Anyway, I'm no longer bothered by the amount of Pokemon they want to add. XY gave us 450 Pokemon. 593 if you count Friend Safari and post-game legends.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did put all Pokemon (except some starters and legends) into the game.

Aielyn

I'm surprised you planned to add Larvesta at Mt. Chimney. That's a bit early in the game, don't you think? For the most part, I agree with most of your predictions and I think the list looks great. Now that I think about it, I remembered being surprised that you couldn't get Eevee in RSE, but that might be because of the lack of day and night in the game. I wonder if you can get Eevee in ORAS.

It doesn't evolve until Level 59, so I'm not too worried about how "early" it is. But if it causes that much of an issue, it could be in a location that can't be reached until a certain point in time. It's easy enough to handle - have the grass blocked by some Team Magma guys. They could even make some comment about looking for a powerful fire pokemon for Maxie, and Maxie could use a Volcarona in a post-E3 battle or something. I'd put it somewhere else, but I can't think of any other location in the game that it would fit in, and giving Mt Chimney itself more purpose is a good thing, in my opinion.

As for Eevee, I expect it to be obtainable in the game... but I expect it to be post-E3. I honestly expect an additional region, akin to Sevii Islands in FRLG. FRLG added a lot of content in the Sevii Islands, and HGSS added quite a bit of content in Kanto. I expect this game to be no different. It could even return to the Sevii Islands... although I'd rather it go somewhere new (unless they get really surprising, and take it to Sinnoh, or something). Anyway, I'd expect Eevee to be a gift pokemon somewhere there, since Eevee has been a gift pokemon in every generation - RGBY, GSC, FRLG, DPPHGSS, and B2W2 all had a gift Eevee. XY is the first time that Eevee has been obtainable in the game but not as a gift (unless you count XD, where you start with an Eevee). I don't think they'll let the generation continue without a gift Eevee from somewhere.

Indeed, I can think of a few places to put it. One is in the new region, of course. Another would be to have Bill (and maybe Celio, too) visit Hoenn after defeating the E4, visiting Lanette, and have him gift the player with an Eevee. An obvious third option is at the Battle Frontier.

EDIT:
This feature was actually unused and kinda pointless, especially in Emerald. All the secret Pokemon you can obtain here can be easily obtained at the post-game Safari and Artisan Cave.

I think this should be removed. But yeah, I guess Streetpass can be utilized for this.
Ah, but see, it would have so much more potential on the 3DS. Not only could they make it more like Friend Safari, having the pokemon found there depend on who you Streetpass (with many, many possibilities), but they could make it a location with hidden abilities (how suitable for "Altering Cave"), or a location for inverse battles (also suitable given the name). It definitely has potential, in my opinion.

Last edited:

WaterMasterDD

Water Trainer
Altering Cave could be used for Regigigas, where it only appears if you bring the other 3 Regi's. It could just be a cave full of Zubat or something without them and then the cave transforms before your eyes if you bring the Regi's or something.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Altering Cave could be used for Regigigas, where it only appears if you bring the other 3 Regi's. It could just be a cave full of Zubat or something without them and then the cave transforms before your eyes if you bring the Regi's or something.

This is actually a good idea. But then again, we have the Sealed Chamber.

We visit the Sealed Chamber first to unlock and gain access to the three Regis. Then after catching the Regi Trio, we could return here and awaken Regigigas.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
This is actually a good idea. But then again, we have the Sealed Chamber.

We visit the Sealed Chamber first to unlock and gain access to the three Regis. Then after catching the Regi Trio, we could return here and awaken Regigigas.

Yeah, I would put Regigigas in the Sealed Chamber. Out of all of the possibilities, that one makes the most sense. Although that just means that they could put something else nifty in the Altering Cave. They could even attach some sort of wireless/Wi-Fi gimmick to it if they were so inclined.

Aielyn

Yeah, I would put Regigigas in the Sealed Chamber. Out of all of the possibilities, that one makes the most sense. Although that just means that they could put something else nifty in the Altering Cave. They could even attach some sort of wireless/Wi-Fi gimmick to it if they were so inclined.

Here's a thought: Giratina. After all, what's the name of it's legged form? "Altered Form"

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Has anyone suggested that there may be an expansion part in Safari Zone in order to capture pokemon from other regions? (I don't have the patience to go through 175 pages xD).

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I see no reason why they'd backpedal now. I don't see anything wrong with X/Y's menu anyway.
True.
The XY menu was similar to the HGSS menu, except better. It was consistent in utilizing all options (Team, Bag, TrainerCard, etc.) whilst letting players flip through the Connections, Pokemon Amie, and Super Training pages.
That should be maintained in ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.