• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

I'm hoping that May and Brendan don't get cut out and replaced by a new character like how Lyra replaced Kris. I wouldn't mind outfit changes for them though.
I don't think they will. Kris only appeared in one game and didn't have an official name, whereas May and Brendan are canon names and are generally much more widely recognised as characters. They'll probably just get redesigns.

I would hope that mirage Island has more of a point in the new games. For being such a hard place to get to, the only stuff that was there in the originals were wynaut and a liechi berry.
I agree and I also think they should make it easier to access. If they leave its rarity like it was then they can't really put anything too important there, so I think mega stones and the like are out. Exclusive Pokemon would be kind of pointless too, we have access to everything from Gen V already. I dunno what they could put there that would actually be worth the ridiculous odds.

On the topic of Pokemon eggs, I'd love to see something implemented with the hot-springs in Lavaridge Town that somehow shortens the hatching time of an egg. I'm not sure how this would work, though. Thoughts?
Someone brought this up before and I really like the idea (I used to bring my eggs to the hot springs all the time in Sapphire because I thought they hatched faster there, haha). There could be something like an incubation centre where you could drop it off and have it grow closer to hatching as you walk around or something. Maybe they hatch faster there?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
But why would they be the "Red". They never had big story implications in the previous two where as we meet Steven very close to the beginning of the game and he's built up as someone very important. It makes you feel like he's the champion yet you find out Wallace is the champion. Then you realize he's one step beyond the champion so in a way that makes him even more important. It just fits his character so much better. No offense to Juan or Wallace but they really don't give much to or have a strong presence in the story nor do they really feel like people with that great of power. I certainly never got that out of Juan, I don't even remember if you seen him until the gym battle. Steven at least feels like an overly smart, strong and formidable opponent, he's shrouded in a lot of mystery for quite some time, and he has the powerful team to back that up. Really I think if anyone else but Steven was used as the "Red" It would be a complete let down. IMHO either have Steven as "Red" or don't have a "Red" at all.

I have to disagree that giving Steven the same role as Red would make him feel more important. It lessens his impact in the storyline if he becomes a bonus boss, the battle is a lot less serious than if he's the Champion, where he serves to be the final hurdle in the game before you can say that you've beaten it. And being removed as Champion doesn't mean that he's stronger than the Champion, in fact more often than not it means exactly the opposite.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Maybe they'll retool Poké Puffs.

That would make Pokémon-Amie very tedious, if one aims for both maximum Affection and Contest-readiness.

Entering the hot springs with an egg shortens the amount of steps by 1/3 or something.
And on the topic of hot springs, I'd love for our character to have an outfit change before entering the springs. I mean it's a little silly going in with full attire. That and actually being able to see the goggles you wear in the desert (and in battle while throwing the pokeball)...THAT AND a dive suit.

Where was this ever stated?
I've never heard of such a thing.

I'd love to be able to see the Go-Goggles (and perhaps the Devon Scope, too) on the player character, indeed, although a change in attire for dipping into Hot Springs strikes me as somewhat odd as I don't quite see the player character wearing bathing suits (and the fact that Hot Springs are traditionally entered nude).

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
That would make Pokémon-Amie very tedious, if one aims for both maximum Affection and Contest-readiness.

Where was this ever stated?
I've never heard of such a thing.

I'd love to be able to see the Go-Goggles (and perhaps the Devon Scope, too) on the player character, indeed, although a change in attire for dipping into Hot Springs strikes me as somewhat odd as I don't quite see the player character wearing bathing suits (and the fact that Hot Springs are traditionally entered nude).

Well hoenn being typical and all with many beachs it wouldn't kill them to let brenden have swim trunks and may have a one piece i myself would love swim suits in customazation ( besides some female npcs have bikinis wouldn't kill them to let us wear swim suits and some male npcs have speedos >_> really werid but if they can have those swim suits wouldn't it be easy to let the PC wear swim suits) and about the hot springs they could do this

npc: would you like to go into the hot springs?
yes
fades to black fades back in you're in the springs only your head is visible
npc: would you like to leave
yes
fades to black fades back in you're back where you last stood

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

This makes me curious as to how they'll handle the Hot Springs, because they're definitely not going to do that in a kid's game.

I like the bathing suit idea.

Snivy18

It would be really cool if they could connect Pokemon Amie with ORAS. I have never tried XY, so I really want to try these new features of the Pokemon series in the 3DS.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
It would be really cool if they could connect Pokemon Amie with ORAS. I have never tried XY, so I really want to try these new features of the Pokemon series in the 3DS.

Pokémon-Amie would likely still exist in ORAS, as there is no reason to remove, and it's currently the only possible way to Evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

This makes me curious as to how they'll handle the Hot Springs, because they're definitely not going to do that in a kid's game.

I like the bathing suit idea.

Indeed, hence why I said that it would likely not happen, although I suppose they may do what is said in the below Quote.

Possibly.

Well hoenn being typical and all with many beachs it wouldn't kill them to let brenden have swim trunks and may have a one piece i myself would love swim suits in customazation ( besides some female npcs have bikinis wouldn't kill them to let us wear swim suits and some male npcs have speedos >_> really werid but if they can have those swim suits wouldn't it be easy to let the PC wear swim suits) and about the hot springs they could do this

npc: would you like to go into the hot springs?
yes
fades to black fades back in you're in the springs only your head is visible
npc: would you like to leave
yes
fades to black fades back in you're back where you last stood

<3
If anybody wears a one-piece swimsuit in this Game I will be glad.
Even moreso if there is customizable swim-gear but that seems really, really unlikely.

Possible.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I think Amie is supposed to be exclusive to Kalos, but anything's possible I guess. It's a cute X/Y feature that would be fun in OR/AS, although R/S features interest me more tbh.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
i want to see awesome diving features!!! so excited, hope i don't get disappointed

speaking of diving we should get dive suits ( maybe in place of dive even) in trainer customization and if not we should have something for air when we dive can our characters just hold their breathe forever?

BCVM22

if not we should have something for air when we dive can our characters just hold their breathe forever?

It's a fictional story (and not much of one at that) told within a video game, where gameplay comes first. Some suspension of disbelief is required.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I have to disagree that giving Steven the same role as Red would make him feel more important. It lessens his impact in the storyline if he becomes a bonus boss, the battle is a lot less serious than if he's the Champion, where he serves to be the final hurdle in the game before you can say that you've beaten it. And being removed as Champion doesn't mean that he's stronger than the Champion, in fact more often than not it means exactly the opposite.

The champion may be "recognized" as the strongest trainer but that doesn't mean they are. How are Red and or Steven not stronger than the champion when they clearly are. And really how is being a bonus boss not as important or serious as the champion if he's stronger. This all of corse is going by level, team, and more real life standards for the player not really by whatever sort of ranking system the pokemon universe has in the games. And quite honestly I, and many others, really don't feel like you've beaten a pokemon game until you cleared the post game. Back in the days of GSC yeah it was cool if you beat Lance, but when you beat Red you were a real "pokemon master". Red was the last hurdle you had to jump in order to finally claim the top title, the REAL challenge if you will, not Lance. And he was really serious business, you didn't go to him unprepared, you had to really take that fight seriously if you wanted to win. This point is especially driven home when you watch lets plays of pokemon games for GSC/HGSS/Emerald where the last thing people do is beat Red/Steven to end off their lets play.

Through the whole story Steven is very shrouded in mystery. You know he's a strong trainer and he's very important in the region but you don't quite know how important. You are made to believe he's the champion but he's not, he's one step beyond the champion. I really don't see how that lessens him impact, if anything it makes him cooler. I know when I was a kid and I found Red it blew my mind that there was someone stronger than Lance. It was so cool and again it also applies here to Steven.

MisterHibiki

simon ferocious
speaking of diving we should get dive suits ( maybe in place of dive even) in trainer customization and if not we should have something for air when we dive can our characters just hold their breathe forever?

Probably a useless cosmetic choice, as it was in RSE. I thought it a bit odd that the player could hold their breath indefinitely, but nothing has ever been truly realistic in Pokemon that I know of so it's not a huge bother. Implementation of smaller things like this makes for a better overall gameplay experience, arguably, but I wouldn't count on introducing a diving suit as it would be odd stripping in the middle of the ocean to put it on or every time you use Surf, etc.

Rakurai

I really hope that Lati@s will be SRable in this game.

I've been wanting to be able to get a usable Latias without cheating for ages.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Were they not resettable in B2W2?

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm kind of on the fence about this. Part of me agrees, dressing up your Pokemon in 3D would be very cool. Yet part of me wants to keep the ORAS contests more like the contests in RSE than DPP.

I'm not saying that I want the DPPt format. I still prefer the originals over that.
I only want the dress up feature, but I'm totally fine if it's not present.

Hmmm... in the originals you can get both Lati. Depending on your version/choice, one roams Hoenn, while the other is found at the Southern Island.
I fear that they might become version-exclusive.

I hope that the Eon Ticket is obtainable in-game rather than event...

Snivy18

I'm not saying that I want the DPPt format. I still prefer the originals over that.
I only want the dress up feature, but I'm totally fine if it's not present.

Hmmm... in the originals you can get both Lati. Depending on your version/choice, one roams Hoenn, while the other is found at the Southern Island.
I fear that they might become version-exclusive.

I hope that the Eon Ticket is obtainable in-game rather than event...

I completely agree with this idea. Eon Ticket should be an event-exclusive.

shadowF

would you guys be furious if the legendaries are shiny lock for these games too?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
would you guys be furious if the legendaries are shiny lock for these games too?

Not really, no. I've never bothered to sit there and reset my game over and over just to get a Shiny.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I already got myself a shiny Groudon and Rayquaza through soft resetting in 4th Gen, so I won't lose out much unless both legendaries happen to be obtainable in both games and I want a shiny Kyogre. If the trend of X/Y is anything to go off of, I wouldn't be surprised if they were shiny locked, disappointing as it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.