• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

It would be cool if the games had version exclusive Champions. Wallace in one game and you could still battle Steven in that one cave and then the opposite for the other game.

That would also force one game to fall back on Juan as the eighth Gym Leader, which feels like a lot of extra steps over simply making Juan and Wallace version exclusives of one another. Assuming anything like that happens at all, of course.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
That would also force one game to fall back on Juan as the eighth Gym Leader, which feels like a lot of extra steps over simply making Juan and Wallace version exclusives of one another. Assuming anything like that happens at all, of course.

I totally forgot about Juan.

If we have bases your going to have to ride Rhyhorn to get from A to B. Or B to C. :)

Orphalesion

Well, I am aware that there is a 99.9% chance that we won't get any new pokemon (except megas maybe, which I don't care about) but I hope that they include a lot of pokemon from newer generations because in comparison to Kalos, Hoenn would feel overly limited in its choice of pokemon. I like the Hoenn pokemon, I'd just like to have more to chose from during the storyline.

I also hope (like many others) that diving will be expanded.

And finally I join that faction that hopes changeable clothes will return, mainly because I want to get rid of Brendan's stupid looking hat (Hoenn is sub-tropical, take off that fugly wool hat abomination)

sheld999

Well, I am aware that there is a 99.9% chance that we won't get any new pokemon (except megas maybe, which I don't care about) but I hope that they include a lot of pokemon from newer generations because in comparison to Kalos, Hoenn would feel overly limited in its choice of pokemon. I like the Hoenn pokemon, I'd just like to have more to chose from during the storyline.

I also hope (like many others) that diving will be expanded.

And finally I join that faction that hopes changeable clothes will return, mainly because I want to get rid of Brendan's stupid looking hat (Hoenn is sub-tropical, take off that fugly wool hat abomination)

thats what some people said about HG SS yet they added hoenn legends in it... along with kanto starters and hoenn starters..

they might pull off a few diff region legends like sinnoh/unova in the remakes... since they used kanto birds in xy

Orphalesion

thats what some people said about HG SS yet they added hoenn legends in it... along with kanto starters and hoenn starters..

they might pull off a few diff region legends like sinnoh/unova in the remakes... since they used kanto birds in xy

No I think you misunderstood me, I would very much like it and hope that they include pokemon from gen 4, 5, 6. Ruby and Sapphire had just, what, about 200 pokemon? That's laughable in comparison to Kalos. Particularly fire types would be underrepresented (aside from Blaziken, the only decent Fire type in Hoenn is Ninetales and I hate keeping the starters in my team) So it would be nice if, I don't know, they add Chandelure, Pyroar and Talonflame to the Hoenn dex.
I meant we won't get any "Generation 6.5" completely new, never before seen pokemon like some (including me) still hope.

I have to admit I don't care much for starters and legends and hated it that they shoved a Kanto starter at you in X and Y (went straight to Wonder Trade). I rather have a large choice of "ordinary" pokemon available than have yet another starter pokemon thrown at me.

Last edited:

EeveeTamer

Dark Shadow
I am hoping to get the secret bases back. I love to see what they would look like in 3d along with diving in 3d will be awesome.

Nockturne

No I think you misunderstood me, I would very much like it and hope that they include pokemon from gen 4, 5, 6. Ruby and Sapphire had just, what, about 200 pokemon? That's laughable in comparison to Kalos. Particularly fire types would be underrepresented (aside from Blaziken, the only decent Fire type in Hoenn is Ninetales and I hate keeping the starters in my team) So it would be nice if, I don't know, they add Chandelure, Pyroar and Talonflame to the Hoenn dex.
I meant we won't get any "Generation 6.5" completely new, never before seen pokemon like some (including me) still hope.

I have to admit I don't care much for starters and legends and hated it that they shoved a Kanto starter at you in X and Y (went straight to Wonder Trade). I rather have a large choice of "ordinary" pokemon available than have yet another starter pokemon thrown at me.
I don't think we'll get anything beyond Gen 3 Pokemon wise until after the E4.

xKatie0391

I'd like Secret Bases to make a return, maybe with some Streetpass connectivity. Like having other people's bases appear in your game or something.

I'd also like character customisation options. Some new hairstyles would nice.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I don't think we'll get anything beyond Gen 3 Pokemon wise until after the E4.

This is actually what I had in mind, too. Assuming they expand the dex, I think the additions will be limited to just Gen 1-3 and Gen 4 cross-evos. I actually like how HGSS kept the original dex and limited the expansion to just Gen 4 cross-evos.

Just from that, the Pokemon League can fix their teams.
[spoil]Sydney's team is fine as it is.
Phoebe can have Banette, Dusclops or Dusknoir, Sableye, then Gengar and Misdreavus OR Mismagius.
Glacia can have Walrein, Glalie, Froslass, then a selection from Jynx/Dewgong/Lapras/Cloyster/Piloswine OR Mamoswine/Sneasel OR Weavile.
Drake can have Altaria, Kingdra, Flygon, Salamance, then bring in Dragonite.

Steven can have Metagross, Aggron, Skarmory, Probopass, then a selection from Mawile/Steelix/Foretress/Scizor.[/spoil]

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
MEGA's I except will be in the game

- MegaSceptile (Given to you if you start with Treecko in ORAS)
- MegaBlaziken (XY-event, Given to you if you start with Torchic in ORAS)
- MegaSwampert (Given to you if you start with Mudkip in ORAS)

Maybe but possible

- MegaLudicolo (Exclusive to AlphaSapphire)
- MegaShiftry (Exclusive to OmegaRuby)
- MegaPlusle (Exclusive to OmegaRuby)
- MegaMinum (Exclusive to AlphaSapphire)

Hoping for these but I don't see it

- MegaGallade (If Gardevoir gets one...why not him to?)
- MegaBreloom (This would be awesome)
- MegaExploud (This guy needs some fame)
- MegaHariyama (Same as Exploud)
- MegaSharpedo (I want a whole shark, not a shark in half + use in final Aqua battle)
- MegaCamerupt (For use in final Magma battle)
- MegaTorkoal (Not sure if he needs one, he should get a real evolution in a future generation)
- MegaZangoose (Just because)
- MegaSeviper (Because of Zangoose)

For fun

- MegaRelicanth (Because he's waiting a long time for an evolution)
- Megaluvdisc (Alomomola...)

Hoenn_reaper93

Legend master
Prrrrrrrrretty sure that was a cutscene, not a battle.

Yea well if the water in cut scenes are going to look that like that then gees....I'm pretty sure they can do better. The attack surf even looks better. I mean it was just the first trailer first trailers are always just to get our attentions I'm sure the up coming ones will show the true graphics. Regardless of what it was it showed them using there abilities n that's was it now a battle change declared so i was just guessing. Maybe it b one of the new things coming to Pokemon games

I'd like Secret Bases to make a return, maybe with some Streetpass connectivity. Like having other people's bases appear in your game or something.

Secret basses started in hoenn they will put it. It was major and they'll probly know fans will Champlain if they didn't return it. Yea fan ideas to add stuff are questionable but major features that were already in the first games that the fans really liked I Dout they will remove them in the remakes. We all like the basses to much for them to remove them in these remakes.plus it can b a test to see what ppl think of them with current gen systems to see if they'll keep the basses for maybe the third game for x and y

MEGA's I except will be in the game

- MegaSceptile (Given to you if you start with Treecko in ORAS)
- MegaBlaziken (XY-event, Given to you if you start with Torchic in ORAS)
- MegaSwampert (Given to you if you start with Mudkip in ORAS)

Maybe but possible

- MegaLudicolo (Exclusive to AlphaSapphire)
- MegaShiftry (Exclusive to OmegaRuby)
- MegaPlusle (Exclusive to OmegaRuby)
- MegaMinum (Exclusive to AlphaSapphire)

Hoping for these but I don't see it

- MegaBreloom (This would be awesome)
- MegaExploud (This guy needs some fame)
- MegaHariyama (Same as Exploud)
- MegaSharpedo (I want a whole shark, not a shark in half + use in final Aqua battle)
- MegaCamerupt (For use in final Magma battle)
- MegaTorkoal (Not sure if he needs one, he should get a real evolution in a future generation)
- MegaZangoose (Just because)
- MegaSeviper (Because of Zangoose)

For fun

- Megaluvdisc (Alomomola...)

All way cool ideas lol and the starter I'm 100% sure they will make mega starters of sceptile and swampert cuz blaziken has one so they make everything fair and even. I'm a fan of blaziken but they won't want everyone to all choose torchic as starter just for mega blaziken so I'm sure they'll all get one. And u can only use one mega evo per battle and plusle and minum are like a matching pair. So mega of those would be doutfull

Last edited by a moderator:

MADEinGR

Xerneas and Yveltal in Pokemon OR & AS

Hello everyone!!!

I'm super-excited about Hoenn Remakes!!! I'm gonna buy them both!!! I'm gonna buy two new 3DS systems too, so that I can exchange Friend Codes!!!

I have a feeling that we will be able to catch Xerneas and Yveltal in ORAS games... We will be able to catch them at Mt. Pyre!!!

We will be able to catch the legendary Pokemon of Destruction (Yveltal) in OMEGA RUBY, because OMEGA=LAST LETTER IN GREEK=END=DESTRUCTION!!

We will be able to catch the legendary Pokemon of Life (Xerneas) in
ALPHA SAPPHIRE, because ALPHA=FIRST LETTER=BEGINNING=LIFE!!

What do you guys think?

P.S. Here in Greece, the summer has come!!!!!!!!

Photonkrios95

Dont think its gonna happen. The previous remakes included legendaries from either side of their original generation, i.e. FRLG included the Beasts, and HGSS had the Birds, Mewtwo, Wheather Trio and a Latwin.

Akashin

Yea well if the water in cut scenes are going to look that like that then gees....I'm pretty sure they can do better. The attack surf even looks better. I mean it was just the first trailer first trailers are always just to get our attentions I'm sure the up coming ones will show the true graphics.

Pretty sure that while the content of early videos may be subject to change, the graphics generally aren't. Whether what we saw in the video is final footage or not, the graphics are probably what we'll get.

Regardless of what it was it showed them using there abilities n that's was it now a battle change declared so i was just guessing. Maybe it b one of the new things coming to Pokemon games

I'm sort of shooting blind on what it is you're saying here (you are saying that Drought/Drizzle are battle mechanics and so you assumed what we were being shown were in-battle, right...?), but Groudon/Kyogre emerging and summoning their respective weather was a storyline event in the original, so it's pretty safe to say what we saw was a scene of them doing so.

I have a feeling that we will be able to catch Xerneas and Yveltal in ORAS games... We will be able to catch them at Mt. Pyre!!!

We will be able to catch the legendary Pokemon of Destruction (Yveltal) in OMEGA RUBY, because OMEGA=LAST LETTER IN GREEK=END=DESTRUCTION!!

I don't really see a need to do that, seeing as we just got them in XY. The Alpha/Omega logic is flimsy too; seeing as the added words in the previous remakes had minimal meaning in-game, I see no reason to expect it to be any different here.

Last edited:

Nockturne

Hello everyone!!!

I'm super-excited about Hoenn Remakes!!! I'm gonna buy them both!!! I'm gonna buy two new 3DS systems too, so that I can exchange Friend Codes!!!

What do you guys think?

P.S. Here in Greece, the summer has come!!!!!!!!

Wow. You really are excited aren't ya?

gamers4all

Poke-Poke

For fun

Dis

Cause the dude's been waiting for millions and millions of years... and he isn't even a fossil pokemon.

Tho I have no idea what it's mega would even look like... bigger head? LOL

Actually, with the above mentioned, I want to see a MegaWailord.

It'll win fights by literally squashing opponents.

vespiqueen

YES. I would love to see other people's bases. It'd be nice to get some ideas from others and just to see the different styles and such.

This too, because even though I adore May, her hair bothers me a bit.

This is the only Pokemon that I really care to see with a mega evo. Imagine how amazing this would be..

Status
Not open for further replies.