• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

Wow this is a pretty harsh drought isn't it?

A period measured in weeks - that is, less than a month - without information does not constitute a "harsh drought".

Not to single you out, necessarily, but people need to be realistic in their expectations and remember that not only are these games a mere six months away and counting, but that in being remakes, there's no new Pokémon to trickle out and what completely new material there will be to be found in these games might not necessarily be the sort ripe for pre-release. There's only so much time to use and only so much information to waste in that time.

Can we expect anything before Corocoro? that is like 3 weeks away.

Difficult to say for sure, but E3 and/or the next CoroCoro/GetTV cycle are certainly the safest bets for new information.

kemal07

A period measured in weeks - that is, less than a month - without information does not constitute a "harsh drought".

Not to single you out, necessarily, but people need to be realistic in their expectations and remember that not only are these games a mere six months away and counting, but that in being remakes, there's no new Pokémon to trickle out and what completely new material there will be to be found in these games might not necessarily be the sort ripe for pre-release. There's only so much time to use and only so much information to waste in that time.

Yep, you are right actually, I think I got carried away typing that haha. I felt like we got alot of things in for X and Y I guess that is why I was expecting a bit more in the first month. Remember X and Y's announcement where we got footage of the starters etc. But like you said, that was probably as X and Y were the opening and introduction to the new gen.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Yep, you are right actually, I think I got carried away typing that haha. I felt like we got alot of things in for X and Y I guess that is why I was expecting a bit more in the first month. Remember X and Y's announcement where we got footage of the starters etc. But like you said, that was probably as X and Y were the opening and introduction to the new gen.

We got the first Start Evolutions, Sylveon, and the Mortality Duo at start, and it remained that way for longer than it between XY's announcement than it has been since ORAS' announcement.
Still, though, what are they supposed to show?
They can't really show anything greatly important so as to take away from the Game itself, and most minorities are already seeable in the original RS.

EeveeTamer

Dark Shadow
What would really be awesome even though i know it would not happen in this game. Is for Gamefreak to finally give the eevee counterpart to sylveon. where it would be dragon type eevee. i was so surprised when they only released on eeevolution in xy when the normal standard since gold and silver was two at a time with umbreon and espeon and leafeon and glaceon. as you can tell by my screen name eevee is my favorite pokemon.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
What would really be awesome even though i know it would not happen in this game. Is for Gamefreak to finally give the eevee counterpart to sylveon. where it would be dragon type eevee. i was so surprised when they only released on eeevolution in xy when the normal standard since gold and silver was two at a time with umbreon and espeon and leafeon and glaceon. as you can tell by my screen name eevee is my favorite pokemon.

But why does Sylveon need a counterpart?
And it's not even that standard, Gen III and V didn't introduce any Eeveelutions, and Gen I introduced three (four if Eevee itself is included), so out of six Generations, two of them introduced two. Not that big, I'd say.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Why would GF introduce a brand-new Eevee evolution in remakes of R/S, which didn't even have Eevee's evolutionary line in their regional Dex?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wow this is a pretty harsh drought isn't it?, Can we expect anything before Corocoro? that is like 3 weeks away.

Quite the contrary, we usually only get new info once a month through CoroCoro. The only reason this feels like a "drought" is because they haven't shared any concrete information on the game yet.

And I suppose it's possible we could get new info sooner, but it's unlikely we'll get anything before the one-two punch of E3 and CoroCoro (both of which are only a few days apart), which will probably bring us plenty of news.

NightFire7

I'm guessing when we finally do get some news next month I think the first piece of news would be to explain why Groudon and Kyogre look so different in the box art. I am guessing at E3 or corocoro they may announce new forms for the two title legendaries although I don't know whether they are mega evos or simply just new forms.

Snivy18

Underwater battles are very likely to happen in this game. But we don't know if GF is willing to implement that idea.
I think that only PURE Fire, Ground and Rock Pokemon should be restricted.

And I agree that there should be more Inverse battles.
Actually, apart from Single & Double battles, I would like that all other battle styles (Triple, Rotation, Sky, Inverse) to occur more often.

On a related note, I think Tag Battles from Emerald would occur very often here as well.

Though, I think that Fire, Ground, and Rock should just be VERY ineffective underwater.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm guessing when we finally do get some news next month I think the first piece of news would be to explain why Groudon and Kyogre look so different in the box art. I am guessing at E3 or corocoro they may announce new forms for the two title legendaries although I don't know whether they are mega evos or simply just new forms.

We didn't find out the details of how Kyurem turned into Black and White Kyurem in BW2 until we actually played the game. In fact we usually don't get a lot of info on the mascots until closer to release. I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

SmugLife

Smugleaf Enthusiast
I sure hope that the trainer customization options are better in this game. I mean, the customization in X & Y were great but lacking in many areas (for starters, I hope I can take my hat off in the next game). Second, I really really REALLY hope that Breloom gets a mega evolution. Why? Because he deserves it and because he rules.

By the way... Omega Ruby for the win!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I know I've said this before but I do desire references to the Orre region games. Maybe even base some of the post-game storyline on those two games (such as stopping Team Snag'Em and freeing the "snagged" Pokémon which end up unlocking Ho-Oh/Lugia on Naval Rock)?

Ultimately, though, I'm just hoping for the return of the Emerald events (Eon Ticket, Old Sea Map, Aurora Ticket) and maybe an event which allows us to finally capture Jirachi?

Akashin

We didn't find out the details of how Kyurem turned into Black and White Kyurem in BW2 until we actually played the game. In fact we usually don't get a lot of info on the mascots until closer to release. I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

Be that as it may, we do know that the upcoming CoroCoro has something to say about the Legendaries in ORAS. I doubt we'll learn too much about them right now, but there is a decent chance we'll get something.

TeamUniverse12

Team Universe Boss
Personally, I won't have any nostalgia when I finally rip the plastic off of Omega Ruby, since my first Pokemon game was Platinum. However, I've been looking forward to finally playing through Hoenn, the only region I haven't been in. Anyways, now to my desires.

Secret Bases-I only have experience with the Sinnoh Underground bases, and the only reason I want these is because it'll probably be better than the SU.
More of the newer Pokemon-I personally, I have no experince with Hoenn at all, meaning I've only raised a few Hoenn pokemon, and that was in my free time. Because of this, I don't know what it'll be like using Hoenn 'mons throughout the story, and I'd rather use Pokemon I have experience with.

And that's it, but as SmugLife said: Omega Ruby for the win!

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Expecting more polish on the Battle Frontier. Updated with current Facility rules, mechanics & strategies, naturally...But also more elaboration on things like the Dome stats or the Nature setups at the Palace.

SmugLife

Smugleaf Enthusiast
New Megas
Breloom
Slaking
Hariyama
Armaldo

MORE TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS
More regions to explore like in GSC.

sheld999

hmmm i wonder what if team m and a fail to capture raquza to stop it from getting in the way of them using the new mega or new forms etc like i can see a new diff plot

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Be that as it may, we do know that the upcoming CoroCoro has something to say about the Legendaries in ORAS. I doubt we'll learn too much about them right now, but there is a decent chance we'll get something.

Eh, they could just reveal the Mega Lati twins or something

SmugLife

Smugleaf Enthusiast
Yeah more regions is a bit too much, I guess. But trainer customization as in at least being able to take my hat off for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.