• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

Hence why I said chance. My point was just that it isn't impossible or even entirely unlikely.

they also said there be more never before seen stuff iswell shown so there might be a few pages worth for the june issue

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
That's a bit much to be expecting of a remake, I think... More (or at least different) customization options wouldn't be unwelcome though.

Hang on now, in the gen 1 remakes Fire Red and Leaf Green, we had the Sevvi Islands added as a new region. I'm sure it is a possibility in a remake and possibly even likely as there were hints of a new region coming soon from the hiker and others in X and Y and there is the Strange Souvenir item from an unknown region.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Hang on now, in the gen 1 remakes Fire Red and Leaf Green, we had the Sevvi Islands added as a new region. I'm sure it is a possibility in a remake and possibly even likely as there were hints of a new region coming soon from the hiker and others in X and Y and there is the Strange Souvenir item from an unknown region.

The Sevii Islands aren't strictly a new region. They don't have a Pokemon League or gyms.

R_N

Yeah more regions is a bit too much, I guess. But trainer customization as in at least being able to take my hat off for once.

They consider the hat a main-character thing so I dont see that changing

What they ACTUALLY need to let us go without are accessories (ie the sunglasses and such)

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
They consider the hat a main-character thing so I dont see that changing

What they ACTUALLY need to let us go without are accessories (ie the sunglasses and such)

They do let you take off the Accessories.

Snivy18

I think that the whole region may stay the same, just to have some younger people who never got a chance to play the original RSE.

EeveeTamer

Dark Shadow
But why does Sylveon need a counterpart?
And it's not even that standard, Gen III and V didn't introduce any Eeveelutions, and Gen I introduced three (four if Eevee itself is included), so out of six Generations, two of them introduced two. Not that big, I'd say.

i'm only expressing my opinion no need to get snarky. some of you people jump on people for expressing their opinions. and the title of this tread is expectations and desires this is one of my desires. sorry for voicing a desire. don't come at people when they are only expressing their opinions and desires.

Akashin

Like BtC said, that isn't strictly a new region. I could see something like that or HGSS' Routes 47 and 48 being in these games, for sure. When he said more regions, he meant returning to previous ones a la GSC/HGSS.

elorasheppard

Like BtC said, that isn't strictly a new region. I could see something like that or HGSS' Routes 47 and 48 being in these games, for sure. When he said more regions, he meant returning to previous ones a la GSC/HGSS.

I could see the birth rock/ naval rock/ mirage tower islands of RS expanded much like the sevvi islands. Not necessarily with the legendarys on them, but a bit more fleshed out maybe :)

Sephora

yes I'm back
whaaat

oh man this opens a whole new world for me

Don't worry, I didn't know until recently myself (they should give us a hint or something in the games that it is possible lol)

Expecting more polish on the Battle Frontier. Updated with current Facility rules, mechanics & strategies, naturally...But also more elaboration on things like the Dome stats or the Nature setups at the Palace.

I expect that, too. The battle facilities in Emerald were some, if not THE, best in any game, so I hope they polish (stealing your word) that up in ORAS. The Battle Pike and Palace were my favs.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Assuming contests come back, I really hope they redo how Pokeblocks work so you don't have to find three other players with high quality berries if you want to max out a Pokemon's contest stats.

I always wanted to do all of the contests with a single Pokemon, but couldn't pull it off because of that limitation.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
I'm wondering how the bike riding theme will be remade, because the original sounded awesome.

elorasheppard

Don't worry, I didn't know until recently myself (they should give us a hint or something in the games that it is possible lol)

May I ask how? I have a stupid feather I thought was compulsory!

My fav was platinum (I didn't really play emerald tho so im not too knowledgeable of its battle facilities). If its anything like platinums, Id be very happy

DaggerY

Collector
I find it really sad that the kids of this gen will never know what it was like to trade and battle through a connection cord. As much as now that I miss it I did lose many good pokemon to the faulty cord. :/

Russell-Bowman

I'm looking forward to playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, because Hoenn is the only region I haven't properly explored. The main thing I want for the remakes are Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, just so Blaziken isn't the only Hoenn starter with a Mega Evo.

sheld999

I find it really sad that the kids of this gen will never know what it was like to trade and battle through a connection cord. As much as now that I miss it I did lose many good pokemon to the faulty cord. :/

agreed and how you had to get a friend to battle and if they lose they pull cord out lol

DaggerY

Collector
agreed and how you had to get a friend to battle and if they lose they pull cord out lol

My friends just turn the DS off now instead when they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.