• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
i just looked down at my pokemon x.... it's white

Sorry then, used the wrong colour, I realize that every 3DS Cartridge is that grayish-white, whereas most DSi are Black-gray, must've gotten the two confused.

Sorry then, used the wrong colour, I realize that every 3DS Cartridge is that grayish-white, whereas most DSi are Black-gray, must've gotten the two confused.

lol, anyways I've noticed that the cartages for ds seem less prominent than game boy/ GBA cartages so the color doesn't seem to matter quite as much

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
its just a thought anyway, just cause they haven't done it since emerald doesn't mean they won't do it again. Its a way to get around the issue without changing what was in the game in the originally, but they'll either keep it the same or change it to strength. We'll see what they do with it in a couple of months either way.

but trading isn't the only way to get pokemon from x/y pokebank is too. you could store the pokemon in the bank from X and pick them up them in in omega ruby/alpha sapphire

How are berry plants going to work in ORAS? As in, the locations where you plant them?
I can see them working like they did in the original RSE, to stay true to the original games. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to stick with how they worked in X and Y.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
How are berry plants going to work in ORAS? As in, the locations where you plant them?
I can see them working like they did in the original RSE, to stay true to the original games. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to stick with how they worked in X and Y.

Unless they put it on the flower shop on Rt. 104, I can't see them doing it like XY. It needs to be available fairly early in the game.

What is the basis for this Rule of Spinda?

I'm definitely wanting to see the answer to that question!

i just looked down at my pokemon x.... it's white
This is the closest we've gotten to talk of racism since the pre-BW days!

Unless they put it on the flower shop on Rt. 104, I can't see them doing it like XY. It needs to be available fairly early in the game.

Well, that might make sense, and I'd tend to agree, but do the developers think it needs to be available that early in ORAS?

You've definitely got a point. Given how that worked in the originals, it would not seem likely. It would likely require changing when you can get the Wailmer Pail, and they would have to have some reason they really don't want people growing berries that early. And that is not likely given what they did in XY. That puts the likelihood of early berry growing extremely high.

I think I might have been forgetting how that went in RS, because it seems like that should have been pretty obvious to me.

shadowF

would you guys like it if wally got the third starter?

C O C O

i'm surprised this thread reached over 200 pages when there's nothing much to discuss yet.
anyway, i'm really looking forward for the characters' redesign, especially Glacia's. she looks entirely different from the mangas cause
THIS
Ruby_Sapphire_Glacia.png

looks like a drag queen.

AzzyFox

Elite Trainer
Hoenn lacks "gates". Gates are those buildings that you pass through when you enter or exit towns/routes.
They can add those and block passage inside like they always do.

I actually like those gates; they keep you from peeking ahead and, as a result, add to the mystery of where you're going to go. I do hope these are implemented into the remakes somehow.

Though we know there's not gonna be one to the west of Oldale Town because that doofus has to finish sketching his own footprints. XD

Hoenn_reaper93

Legend master
That is correct, and I had forgotten about that, but does that not just further emphasize the lack of an imperative to make Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde available in these games? Nothing pertaining to them is restricted from the player in the way that the Griseous Orb was.

Well hgss has those 3 in a event rite ? Well ones y is destruction x is life z is order. Why not have an event where u can pick one of them to get in the cave of origin or after u catch rayquaza n get nation maybe theres a door behind rayquaza where u can get them. 3 eggs connected to each other after one hatches the others turn to dust or sonething. Sounds fair n possible. Y not ?

Yes and u battle him more often and u can rebattle them once a day and if the starters get megas it'll b perfect

Yes and u battle him more often and u can rebattle them once a day and if the starters get megas it'll b perfect

Last edited by a moderator:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
i'm surprised this thread reached over 200 pages when there's nothing much to discuss yet.
anyway, i'm really looking forward for the characters' redesign, especially Glacia's. she looks entirely different from the mangas cause.

I sooo agree. So many characters are going to get a boost of life from redesigns! I kind of hope some get bigger redesigns in their costume (and for god sake, don't tell me 'it's a remake so that can't happen'. Yes it can.)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Well hgss has those 3 in a event rite ? Well ones y is destruction x is life z is order. Why not have an event where u can pick one of them to get in the cave of origin or after u catch rayquaza n get nation maybe theres a door behind rayquaza where u can get them. 3 eggs connected to each other after one hatches the others turn to dust or sonething. Sounds fair n possible. Y not ?

There is literally no need to include Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde in ORAS in any fashion since a) they were already available in the most recent games; including them in ORAS would be redundant, and b) they do not meet any of the circumstantial reasons for which the Spacetime trio were made available through an event in HGSS. There is no upcoming movie to promote them like there was with the Arceus movie (Diancie serves as the promotional point of interest for M17, and it has nothing to do with the Mortality trio in-game), and they have no corresponding item that would be otherwise unavailable to ORAS players like the Griseous Orb was to HGSS players (but even if they did, the gamemakers wouldn't necessarily need to redistribute the trio just to make the item available).

Last edited:

elorasheppard

There is literally no need to include Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde in ORAS in any fashion since a) they were already available in the most recent games; including them in ORAS would be redundant, and b) they do not meet any of the circumstantial reasons for which the Spacetime trio were made available through an event in HGSS. There is no upcoming movie to promote them like there was with the Arceus movie (Diancie serves as the promotional point of interest for M17, and it has nothing to do with the Mortality trio in-game), and they have no corresponding item that would be otherwise unavailable to ORAS players like the Griseous Orb was to HGSS players (but even if they did, the gamemakers wouldn't necessarily need to redistribute the trio just to make the item available).

I agree, I generally find remakes are used to round out a generation, providing pokemon that were unavailable/difficult to get in the rest of that generation. Like FRLG provided the kanto pokemon because of the lack of backwards compatability, HGSS provided the RSE legends as hoenn was an advanced game and, therefore, newer players were unlikely to have them.

So I feel that XY pokemon will be very few and far between in Hoenn and, if patterns were to continue, maybe some of the rarer sinnoh pokemon will be more prevalent. I know the sinnoh legends have been around in B2W2 but not all of them, and some newer players who missed out on gen 5 may not get it now the wifi capability is down, so will need a new way of obtaining them. That's just my theory anyway :)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I think the most likely scenario would be the tie in would be a download code for some kind of companion app like the Dream Radar, then the code can be given out either physically or digitally and you can go straight to the eShop to download it.

That sounds pretty reasonable, but I don't know how they can monetize that. Unless of course the application is a free to play pay to win scenario.

Speaking of monetization, My Pokémon Ranch got updated after Platinum's release. I wonder if they'll update Pokémon Bank, especially with the old Pokémon Box events, which I hope will be reintegrated as Egg Moves/HMs(and before anybody asks how Pichu-line can naturally use Surf... or Swablu can naturally learn False Swipe...).

I actually like those gates; they keep you from peeking ahead and, as a result, add to the mystery of where you're going to go. I do hope these are implemented into the remakes somehow.

Though we know there's not gonna be one to the west of Oldale Town because that doofus has to finish sketching his own footprints. XD
Well they'll probably have to add them either way because they can't try to load the entirety of Hoenn like Sonic Team did with Soleanna(man that was eight years ago my god).

Edit:
Also this one's a bit old but;
This. Poor Mega Gyarados is crying.
It's not just it. There are tons, tons, tons of Pokémon that can learn Bite and/or one of the Elemental Fangs but not Crunch(most recent examples being Furfrou and Chespin-line), and a lot of them are Dark-types such as Sneasel-line and Absol('cause they get Night Slash instead), and there's just as many Pokémon that can't get any fang move despite having fangs(Serperior for example) or are directly based off the concept of eating(Gible, Gabite, Swirlix, Slurpuff). That and the fact that it is the strongest vanilla Physical Dark-type move in the game also helps matters.

Last edited:

sheld999

what if in order to get the megas we have to bet professor brich and professir scyamore( cameo post game ) and kalos champion ( in area where she learned about her mega pokemon she has )

what you think of that having the battles be in diff location and diff levels etc

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I don't mind, as long as they show or at least explain how get got it.
I also don't mind having a new rival in addition to Brendan/May, and Wally.

Status
Not open for further replies.