• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire: Expectations & Desires? [Not a speculation thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else wanna see the original Emerald Battle Zone again? I miss the challenges of the different rules...Battle Maison gets boring

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
No offense to staff, but I was ripped off. I posted a thread like this earlier this morning before the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire forum section was opened. So it was closed because no one wanted to put 3 minutes of effort into moving it. This thread is a copy of mine and if you don't believe me go to the general discussion or my profile/my posts and compare the time/date. If you don't want to take 5 minutes of your time, continue your life in a chair in front of a computer. I deserve to be recognized as the OP of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire discussion thread. Again, no offense made to staff.

No. Whenever a new game gets announced we wait for a new forum for it to be made. You are no different.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Anybody else wanna see the original Emerald Battle Zone again? I miss the challenges of the different rules...Battle Maison gets boring

Battle Zone is the Region north-west of Sinnoh.

I assume you meant Battle Frontier, and I agree on that regard.
Pike, Dome, and Arena were fun. [Although I still like Arcade, Hall, and Castle the most out of all Battle Facilities, but alas, they are for the DP Remakes yesyesplzplz]

Luthor

At the very least i expect some megaevolutions for Swapert and Sceptile. I just think it's unlikely they'll leave it at such an imbalance with only one of the starters of the region having a megaevolution when they're going back to the region. I also think there could well be a mega Raquaza at some point. I think mega's for the gen 6 pokemon seem likely as well.

Should also be some move tutors which would be handy for a lot of pokemon. Useful for spreading fairy type moves a bit more as well.

Aetius

The Trick Master has always been one of my favourite characters. It'd be really great if they kept all the old puzzles in addition to adding some more, that way we'd have a lot more content for it. There's also the ability to add more via DLC, though I don't think that would be something Game Freak does.

Oh God, what you just said would be awesome indeed. :)
The DLC would also be a neat feature; an almost infinite number of new riddles to add...awesome! :D

NeoDude-5000

Expectations:
Mega Pokémon (I'm guessing Groudon and Kyogre's new looks are their mega forms)
An improved Battle Frontier
Mechanics from Gen IV-VI

Desires:
New Mega Evos
Pokémon not from Ruby and Sapphire included in the main pokedex (like in HGSS with the move evolutions)
Battle BOTH Team Magma and Aqua, rather than just one of them

Even though I'm excited for the remakes, the press release says it's a "fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire". Pardon me for speculating but either are these really remakes, or spiritual successors?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Can't believe the generation that started the remakes are getting them, too! However, this means that pre-GSC Kanto is the only region inaccessible through DS-es.

Great, we're back to square one.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Even though I'm excited for the remakes, the press release says it's a "fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire". Pardon me for speculating but either are these really remakes, or spiritual successors?

That is pretty much the definition of what a remake is, so yes, they're remakes.

landshaymin

Follow my lead.

I really hope its some kind of really new spiritual successor. I wouldn't be disappointed if not, but the announcement made me think it could be done kind of successor. I hope it will lift the secret of that strange souvenir thing. I want to know what it is meant to be

I feel like any expectations should be kept low until some footage clarifies what these games actually are. That said, we can assume that at the very least these games will include many elements of Gen 3. Whether or not its Hoenn has yet to be seen (Hopefully something will be clarified soon before the fanbase sets expectations too high for anyone to meet up to). Ideally Mega Evolutions for the rest of the Starters since Mega Blaziken being a broken abomination of a mess makes the concept of starters here unappealing if the rest don't have any Megas.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Can't believe the generation that started the remakes are getting them, too! However, this means that pre-GSC Kanto is the only region inaccessible through DS-es.

Great, we're back to square one.

Oh, and on that note, I want the Sevii Islands to be included in these games. Hoenn has boat ports that we know can reach that area, and it would be a shame to see such a unique set of locations be left uninvited to the Rendered-In-3D party.

Jason-Kun

I'm hoping that the games will be mostly the same. Same music, same towns, same plot. Just update the graphics and make Secret Bases Wi-Fi compatible somehow and I'll be happy. I don't think the box legends are getting mega evolutions but rather redesigns instead. I expect them to keep to 3D models though if they go back to sprites I'd be fine with that as well. I don't expect them to keep customization or bring over mega evolutions but we'll see about that.

Last edited:

MDS777

The name's Riley
I definitely would like to see mega evos for Sceptile and Swampert. I'd also like to see Steven as champ again. He was much more challenging than Wallace. Peeko.

I would cry if we get Mega Flygon. He's so darn cool but not really viable in a competitive environment. That's my wish.

Pilpulp

美的
Yeah I'd like more Mega Evolutions, Latios and Latias are pretty much 100% at this point... But the battle frontier would be nice, with the same brains as before.

I just cannot wait to see the whole region with the XY Graphics.

Jack5326

I am so excited for this! The wording in the trailer makes me think it might like Black 2 and White 2 and be set at a different time yet the naming of the games perhaps debunks that.

Desires:

- Contests that were like Gen 3's, not Gen 4's horrendous ones.
- PokeBlocks!
- Secret Bases. Hope they bring back the Crystal Table and Chair too that were ridiculously hard to get from the Ash collecting. I'd like to see a larger collection of PokeDolls too, some event exclusive. The ability to trade Secret Bases decorations would be cool too. Also, more potential locations for bases. Can you tell I love Secret Bases
- Expanded Hoenn Pokedex (it would be stupid and annoying to not have anything from Gen 4 onwards other than evos of Gen 3 Pokemon)
- More diving spots and exclusive locations from diving
- More Mega Evolutions
- The Missing Berries to trade to X and Y (quite obvious we'll get them now)

pyrromanis

I hope that the actions taking place in OR/AS would be some years after the actions of R/S!!! Reborned Team Magma/Team Aqua, Wally a gym leader or an E4, the map a bit changed with some more islands, lakes(from the downpour),sea currents, more desserted areas due to Kyogre's and Groudon's fight, the cities would be more moderned, a post-game event at an updated Space Station with Deoxys or Jirachi and much more. Oh, and definetely Sceptile and Swampert Mega-evo ^^

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Some new Megas would be nice *cough* Sceptile, Flygon and Metagross *cough*
More underwater sections
Wally as Gym Leader
Steven as Champion
Roxanne dead
A rival who doesn't rage quit before the 7th Gym
Following Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.